Differences in Triple Black

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by isthiscoolenough?, Apr 10, 2012.

1. GeoAggie

GeoAggie Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    No, Ohlins shocks are standard replacement shocks not ESA. I still have the stock ESA system in storage for future use. Riding GS's this weekend with a friend - his with stock ESA and mine with regular Ohlins - on a variety of surfaces at medium and high speeds, I can honestly say that I prefer the non-ESA Ohlins on all surfaces. The now compliant yet controlled suspension feels soooooo in contact with the road such that faster paces are significantly easier (i.e., feels less hectic). Plus, I've owned several 12GS models over the years and this bike is vastly improved in handling and capability IMHO. Hope this helps,

Jeff
  2. RushRed

RushRed RushRed

Oddometer:
    Please let me know your opinion about a used '12 GS TB $16k w 18+k miles. could be a good deal but I dont know. Premium package looks and runs awesome but dont know enough about the price
  3. ATCguy

ATCguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Off of the top of my head, it doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

$16K with 18,000+ miles?? At that price, it better have a whole bunch of other goodies hanging on it (crash bars, side bags, etc.) For just a little more, you could buy a brand new one with a full warranty.
  4. seaswood

seaswood seaswood

Oddometer:
    TB if you never plan to wash the bike. if you have had a black engine looks good when new.:eek1
    that price is high lol.

$16K with 18,000+ miles?? At that price, it better have a whole bunch of other goodies hanging on it (crash bars, side bags, etc.) For just a little more, you could buy a brand new one with a full warranty.[/QUOTE]
  5. JackpotDuc

JackpotDuc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice setup Tom.
    I''ve just taken delivery of my TB from Max this week.
    Tell me about your luggage setup - I like.
    Thanks
  6. solohvs

solohvs somewhere around the bend

Oddometer:
    Triple Black with TouraTech luggage in black.

The TouraTech mounting hardware (Zega Pro - "special set") has a nice stainless finish for BOTH the side cases and the top case. If you want the hardware powder coated black finish is available for the side cases, but NOT for the top box. Oh well?

The Zega Pro side case / top case is available anodized black. Looks great when it's washed, but hard to keep clean.
    Oh yea... it's easy to scratch, too.

And the engine guards - also both bright (stainless) or black finish, but some of the hardware comes through in stainless only - engine mount / spacers. I had the hardware powder coated so as not to break up the all black engine area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. skidlid_26

skidlid_26 n00b

Oddometer:
    I think the only downfall of my TB GSA is the fact that BMW forgot to do anything with the crashbars and the valve cover gaurds. If you are going to call it the "Triple black" don't foget the bright silver pieces you threw on at the end of the assembly line! I guess it just gives me something to do during the winter, but it does look like they forgot about it. I'm thinking about more of a grey color, I don't want to look like a two wheeled drug dealer.:pimp
  8. bajaburro

bajaburro Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Too black! Plus 2,000.00 more.Cant see it really.