Amendment 64

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Mike D, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Amendment 64: The Regulate Marijuana Like Alcohol Act of 2012

1. Yes

2. No

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:

Jeff-with what I know now, it's obvious to me the the current MJ standard and test goes way overboard and has nothing to do with ability to drive and has everything to do with making insurance companies and corporations feel better. Anyway, I suspect that the powers that be will hold on to the MJ test for a long, long time.

The company that worked/work for now uses the standard pee pee test for drivers. Everyone else is free from such intrusions upon their personal privacy.
  2. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    The way this works is cops will carry around a tray of "munchies" and present it to any drivers they suspect are high. If the driver begins to salivate then they are, in fact, high.
  3. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    If they salivate, that's proof positive they are NOT high!:lol3
  4. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:

:rofl

Yeah, could go either way.
  5. Pablo83

Oddometer:
    I guess that test is might be inconclusive... but still entertaining or the cop.

[​IMG]
  6. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    There is enough ambiguity with pot being federally illegal that you can discriminate employment based upon that alone. As an employer you have the right to drug test your employees and hire/fire accordingly.

But this is what i think is hairy: I personally believe that if you possess a MMJ prescription that you should not be able to be discriminated against similar to a prescription of Valium or an antidepressant would be unjust grounds for termination of employment. However if you were administered a drug test and failed, many employers would terminate you, prescription or not.

Unrelated to legality; I was speaking to someone this weekend and they told me that many growers and stores expect to see a boom a new customers of the older middle age variety. People who would have partaken but the legality previously scared them away. Do you think we will see a boom in smokers age 30-65? I had never thought about it, but i could see it happening.
  7. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    :augie

I don't know. What's the consensus group? You guys think a bunch of old fuckers- 30 to 65- are likely to start shopping at the pot shop?:lol3
  8. Tramontana

Tramontana .

Oddometer:
  9. Pablo83

Oddometer:
    My $.02: Hooters only hires chicks with big boobs. American Airlines can fire a flight attendant for not being height/weight proportional. To work for UPS you must be able to lift 80lbs. Employers are allowed to set requirements as long as they don't include race, religion, gayness and a couple other things, none of which is includes the content of your piss. After all, would you hire a crane operator that had barbiturates in his piss, even if he had a prescription for it?

I think we will. I certainly have a few friends who are looking to get high legally, but I don't see this age group suddenly buying copious amounts of weed. Most of these guys would get in trouble with their wives if they were caught with it, so I only see them buying some once or twice a year for the "guys-only" camping trip.
  10. MeterPig

MeterPig Meh

Oddometer:
    I am curious to see whether more folks will be lighting up at Colorado and Washington adv rallies more openly this summer.

It's not like their are federal cops rolling around campgrounds. Now is the rally was on federal land (not since FMF), there would be federal cops. I wonder is FMF really shut down due to weed crackdown!
  11. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    I'm a little suprised there isn't something coming together specificly on state land, flash mob style. Too cold in mid April...
  12. MrBob

MrBob Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :y0!
    63 year old fucker here. I don't know if I'll actually toke up but I like removing the prospect of arrest for doing so.
    I've paid huge fines and done jail time for possession. Can I get a refund on those fines? And how about that month I spent in a cell; can I have that time back?
  13. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Enduro-ince, make sure you mount GoPros all over your car to record your next legal pull over. Above all, don't FREAK OUT MAN!

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s4G4mcYOXMA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

BTW, how do you like Mexico?
  14. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
  15. wzd1a

wzd1a Long timer

Oddometer:
  16. GrizGirl

GrizGirl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder if some of the people that got sick have an allergy? I have a severe allergy to pot - I think if I were unknowingly given any quantity of it, such as in a brownie, I would end up in the hospital with a reaction similar to the bee sting allergy some people suffer from. I tried smoking it once and was very ill - years later I tried it in some hot chocolate and my throat started to close up from just a sip - I actually had to find an emergency asthma inhaler to use.

Anyhow, for those of you that use it, please ensure that you ask before just lighting up in a group of people. I'll position myself so I don't get any of the second hand smoke or just walk away for a few minutes to ensure I don't inhale any. And PLEASE, don't unknowingly feed people cookies or any other food item that has pot in it.... You don't know how someone will react and it needs to be their choice if they partake. You also don't want to make someone like me really sick.

I think it's a good thing to make it legal but I also think people who use it need to ensure they aren't sharing it with others who choose not to use it.

17. MrBob

Oddometer:
    Hickenlooper signs proclamation making marijuana legalization official
  18. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Yes, I believe that he signed the document at 2:05 today.

Like any drug and some foods, care needs to be taken. I know someone who was fed pot brownies many years ago against her knowledge. She spent 2 days passed out. Folks that pull those kind of stunts should be sent to prison.
  19. wzd1a

wzd1a Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nod

The CIA is still hiding information related to the LSD death(s) they induced in the 1950's in NYC when they were feeding folks drugs w/o their consent - just to see what would happen. More recently (last couple of years) the EPA has been guilty of this same behavior but using inhaled carcinogenic particulates and gasses on paid but uniformed guinea pigs (oops I meant people)....

Somehow no charges in those cases....
  20. MrBob

Oddometer:

Yes, I believe that he signed the document at 2:05 today.

Received insufficient emphasis, which I corrected on this historic occasion.

I know someone who was fed pot brownies many years ago against her knowledge. She spent 2 days passed out.

A few years ago a friend gave me a tiny chunk of bud. I had three hits and passed out when I stood up. Coming to on the kitchen floor was actually kind of scary and I wouldn't care to have that experience again.
    Giving drugs to someone without his or her knowledge is a despicable act.