road and trail in SE

Discussion in 'Europe' started by zedtours, Jan 2, 2009.

1. zedtours

zedtours Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Still looking for road/trail riders in SE England for meetup and ride
    zedtours:ear KTM 950x2
  2. Belle Sinclair

Belle Sinclair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi ZedTours,

Why don't you give Surrey TRF a look ? People riding trails in the Surrey Hills and beyond most weekends. I've just started joining in and its well worth it.

Google TRF and it will take you to the groups.

Regards

Belle
  3. max medic

max medic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    Im in East sussex, would be happy to meet up for some ride outs as soon as i get my wheels back from Talon.

Got a KTM 950 adv and a few other toys :D

Max
  4. zedtours

Oddometer:
    Hi
    I have been aTRF member for over 10 years and regularly lead Surrey groups all over SE.! but there is little interest in big trailies?
    What do you ride on the trails?
    PM if you wanna meet up
  5. zedtours

Oddometer:
    PM me soon max:clap
  6. hirsty

hirsty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    If you're meeting for a brew at Box Hill, Newlands, Wessons or Bury Hill etc anytime soon then I'll join you to say hello. New to the whole 'offroad' genre, so won't hold you up, but keen to ask some daft questions face to face!

Also signing up for Surrey TRF and glued to their forum for the next n00b rideout.

Cheers, Dan
  7. Belle Sinclair

Belle Sinclair Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm a mere Serow rider for trails and still learning, as well as falling off. But that's what makes it so addictive. I ride a Fazer 600 on the road., but really try to stay on that one.

Regards

Belle
  8. nickyboy

nickyboy Dream on..............

Oddometer:
    I am usually up for riding the surrey hills, or meeting up for a brew.

Am in Richmond

PM me

990 adv (and currently looking for something smaller as well!!)

Nick
  9. zedtours

Oddometer:
    Hi Nickyboy
    Am currently planning a Trail ride for bigguns from Boxhill if you are interested I can PM you the day
    derek:D
  10. nickyboy

Oddometer:
    Yes, let me know, i'd be well up for that

Nick
  11. zedtours

Oddometer:
    There seem to be some interest in a trail ride in Surrey, so I will be leading a run from Boxhill Rykas meeting at 09 30 31st January [sat]Big trailies only
  12. hirsty

hirsty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'll come down & say hello then - will head to the large orange bikes (I'll be the one with no off-road gear looking nervous on the smoky old big green Kwak :D).
  13. nickyboy

Oddometer:
    Good man........ you are riding with us yes???

Anyone else?

Nick
  14. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Having just bought a Triumph Scrambler (pick it up tomorrow) I'm keen to get out and trail ride it but not quite at the moment. It's shod with Bridgestone deathwings, so I'm going to get some wear on them and then get TCK80 fitted. So, come the summer months and drier trails, count me in.
    Oh, I'll add that I'm not a novice off-road. Been trail riding since 1987. However I doubt the Scram will be quick.

I intend to go and do the Stella Alpina this year. If there's a group of big traily riders forming in the S.East how about making a plan?
  15. max medic

max medic Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey blacktiger I live in St Leonards, Up for meeting up for a bit of trail riding sometime, got a KTM 950 adv :D

Max
  16. zedtours

Oddometer:
    Good to see some responses
    For those that may have missed it..............big trail bike run from Ryka's Boxhill 31st Jan meet 09 30
    I could also lead a run to the Stella if enough interest but the accommodation will have to be booked pretty smartish!!!!!!!!!
    Derek 950 & S:deal
  17. blacktiger

Oddometer:
    I'm not trail riding the Scram just yet. There are lots of things to do first before it's really ready. Not least get some TCK80s fitted.
    However, if you want talk bollox in the pub then I go in the Dripping Spring, Tower road from time to time. e-mail direct is hgmillichap@tiscali.co.uk or phone 721889
  18. boboneleg

boboneleg we can rebuild him.

Oddometer:
    Derek,

are you planning rides in that area once the weather gets better? if so I'm in.

Bob.
  19. blacktiger

Oddometer:
    Well I'm deffinately going to the Stella and I'll most likely be staying in Briancon rather than Bardonnechia. Mainly because I find the latter a bit crap really. Bokki camping is very primitive and too far into town etc.
    Going with a mate on a Tiger so will probably take my Tiger rather than the Scrambler.
    Routes down? Sorry, but we've tried this groups thing with people we don't know and get very frustrated with some people when they start faffing around all the time. You know the sort of thing...turning up to start the ride with an empty fuel tank. Think that 200 miles a day is a good days ride.
    Of course, if we get to meet before then and get out and ride together a bit then the above could all change.
  20. zedtours

Oddometer:
    Right then your on, when we going to meet up as I see you are in St Leonards your pretty close to some great big trail bike roads, so what about meet up at Horam,the old Ogri cafe, Iwas there today and bumped into some GS,ers. Last Sept rode to Pyenees doing 2 450 mile days with not a motorway in sight apart from blast to Cambrai out of Calais. Spent 5 days on bike doing trails and great tarmac roads with no rest till ferry from Bilbao home.My mate could not stand the pace and had to go shopping in Andorra for a day! Like the sound of Briancon.:clap