2012 Howlin at the Moon Dual Sport Info and Previews

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Nightstalker, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Nightstalker

Nightstalker YO BUDDYPAL!

Oddometer:
    If you haven't been to Young, it's worth the drive to eat at the Antler's alone!

[​IMG]

Robert enjoys a sloppy pork sammich.

[​IMG]

PHXMAN samples the soup of the day.

[​IMG]

After my crash I took a shortcut to the Antler's to start my non-prescription pain therapy...but I did wait for the boys to join me before ordering some delicious fried mac and cheese and fried ravioli's. So good!

[​IMG]
  2. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks like you had a great ride. I was looking for the shot of Tequilla on the table Terry..........Nightstalker Therapy....:lol3
  3. soloyosh

soloyosh Dad and husband Supporter

Oddometer:
    Took my Aprilia on a shakedown in the Hualapais yesterday. Gave me some good insight as to what I need to bring with me to keep this Italian happy.

Should be good to go. Looking forward Payson.
  4. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    HA! I did have mexican beer and a shot of Seagrams 7 Dark Honey. Ohh, so good...
  5. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
  6. Nightstalker

Oddometer:
    How about a Saturday A-Loop trail ride video??

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wqnFMK4DuRk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  7. phxman

phxman "Rocks are my Friends"

Oddometer:
    Just a quick reminder to anyone thinking of participating that Registration closes on Monday October 21st at 10pm. We are not sold out yet, but we are getting there.

Dont wait, go to www.arizonatrailriders.org for links to Registration.

Thanks,
  8. bhorocks

bhorocks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    cool video. looks fun.
  9. PDL

PDL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow this looks great!! I'm in but it looks like none of my riding partners are going to make it. Will there be any groups to tag on to?
  10. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    all kinds. don't worry about finding someone to ride with.
  11. PDL

PDL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks for the reply! See you there!
  12. HoosierTrailmaster

HoosierTrailmaster Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer:
    Don, I figured you, Brad, Will and I can lead this guy around. I need to get a lesson from Nightstalker on using my 60CSx. I have always counted on Cathy or Skip to lead us.
  13. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    sounds good. i have relied on brad in the past, and am gonna have to again, if terry does not give a class on the gps beforehand. i still havent figured the programs out yet.
    regardless, i wont be the first rider through, so i just follow the tracks. :lol3
  14. phxman

Oddometer:
    Fyi, here is some info on the routes for anyone still thinking about registering.

Saturday Routes:
    The ‘A’ route is 148 total miles. Gas is at mile 82. Lunch is at mile 85. The A/B route is the same to the mile 64 A/B Split where after Noon all riders must take ‘B’ route to Young.

The ‘B’ route is 143 total miles. Gas is at mile 78. Lunch is at mile 81. The A/B route is the same to mile 64 A/B Split.

The ‘C’ route is 135 total miles. Gas is at mile 76. Lunch is at mile 79.

Sunday Routes:
    The ‘A’ route is 81 total miles. No Food or Gas.

The ‘B’ route is 80 total miles. No Food or Gas.

The ‘C’ route is 105 total miles. Food and Gas is along the route.

Route Difficulty Rating:

‘A’ routes are for experienced riders. Includes pavement, all types of un-maintained/4x4 roads, and sections of 50” trail. We do not recommend motorcycles over 650cc attempt the ‘A’ routes. Knobby tires are highly recommended.

‘B’ routes are for the Intermediate rider who is confident in their riding abilities on pavement as well as un-maintained and 4x4 dirt roads. We recommend the B routes for riders on 650cc and larger bikes looking for a challenge. Knobby tires are highly recommended.

‘C’ routes are pavement and maintained dirt roads for the Adventure Riders looking for a great scenic and fun ride. Knobby tires are recommended.
  15. mxbundy

mxbundy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any vendors gonna be at this event?

Bundy
  16. phxman

Oddometer:
    There are no vendors at this point but I do want to give a shout-out to our awesome Sponsors who are stepping up and providing raffle goodies and other support for the event. Please support these sponsors whenever possible as they are supporting you :D

Husqvarna
    Yamaha
    MotoCity Husqvarna KTM
    Apache Yamaha
    Rocky Mountain
    GoAz Motorcycles
    Al Jesse Luggage

Also, don't forget that Registration closes on Sunday October 21st at 10pm. We are very close to reaching our rider limit so if you plan on attending please register soon
  17. phxman

Oddometer:
    Ok, last reminder.

Registration will close this Sunday 1021 at 10pm. We are very, very, close to selling out the event so I do not expect we will be taking walk-up registration at the event.

To register online go here ==> http://howlin2012payson.eventbrite.com/#

For other information go to www.arizonatrailriders.org

For the 180+ of you who have registered Thank You! Your support of this event translates into a rather big chunk of money being donated to the Arizona Off Highway Vehicle Coalition to keep our riding areas and trails open.

ATR will be at the Elks Lodge starting Friday afternoon and will have roll charts and Thank You gifts available for pickup. Just look for the big blue EZ-UP.

The weather forecast is not indicating any moisture but the temps should be awesome. Right now highs are forecast to be mid 70's and low's in the mid 40's. Might be a little chilly in the morning....hint hint.

GPS tracklogs have been sent to everyone registered as of this morning. If you are registered but have not received your Rider Confirmation or GPS Tracklog's send me an email at don.o.hood@cox.net and I'll resend.

Hoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwl! :D
  18. phxman

Oddometer:
    Fyi, for anyone thinking of Registering at the event.....Saturday is SOLD OUT :clap but there are still spots for Sunday.
  19. fuggy

fuggy Canyon Explorer

Oddometer:
    Great news for the ATR club. Should be an awesome event. I was hoping for a little rain this year but I guess the past couple years have been super lucky with moisture.
  20. phxman

Oddometer:
    We are about ready to head out but one last update.

Roll Charts, Roll Chart Holders, GPS Tracklogs, and Thank You gifts will be available this afternoon. Just look for the ATR banner in the RV parking area on the West side of the Elks Lodge.

Everybody drive safe and we'll see you there :D