2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Webb looks like he's aged 10 years since he took over the team a few years ago. :lol3
  2. eddie bolted

eddie bolted BOING!!!

Oddometer:
    JS didn't win his heat race!
  3. nobrakes

nobrakes Long timer

Oddometer:
    :dunno He was 3rd.
  4. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"Don't know what happened with RV. Maybe trying too hard to live up to expectations. "

Bummer that he got a bad start. But then he became 'the fastest man' on the track to make up time... until he lawn darted... and lawn darted... and...

Gotta learn to slow down, bad start = pretty tough to win, probably smart to settle for 4th or 5th and wait for next week (ala Dungey).

Anyone know why RV stopped to take his glove off?
  5. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    damn those last few laps were great :clap

Milsaps is always one of my under dog pics for the podium...maybe he and his team got something good and can make this happen more often this season :freaky
  6. B1KSOLO

B1KSOLO Living the Dream

Oddometer:
    Well last night results shows I have no frickin idea of what I'm talking about

Hats off to Davey maybe Short next week:freaky
  7. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XcUZb5x2h5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. Trailing Jack

Trailing Jack Dr. Acula

Oddometer:
    I've always liked Millsaps and thought when he was coming out of the Lites, he was going to be a major player.
    I remember his first year on the big bikes. He was the holeshot king (much like Alessi is now) but couldn't hold a lead and would fade to mid pack.
    As the years have gone by, he has seemed disinterested. The poster boy for "I'm making a good living, I'm famous, who cares if I am competitive?"

But as you say nobrakes, he looks like a different guy, and said himself last night that this is the first time he really worked in the offseason.
    He's always been refreshingly candid in interviews and he sounded like a guy who finally got his shit together.
    Good for him.

I might add, I would have a hard time watching these broadcasts without a DVR.
    Jeez, what a load of crap they surround the races with!
    I know we should be grateful that we get live broadcasts, but a full hour of fawning bullshit before the first gate drop? Wow. It gets worse every year.
    I opted to do something else until I could catch up and see the mains in real time.
    Otherwise, a great race. Looks like an interesting season.
  9. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:
    I have to give it a 2 hour head start, and it works out just right.

I'd watch the fluff shit if that bearded assclown would jump a freestyle bike into a pool of energy drink stocked with starving alligators.
  10. GotMojo?

GotMojo? Long timer

Oddometer:
    I guess I'm in the minority... I sorta enjoyed Rutledge trying to induce a bit of humor into the broadcast, and teamed up with that miss supercross hottie, it wasn't too bad. Emig and RC don't add much humor, and sometimes they even have trouble getting out a coherent sentence (preperate?), so I thought Rutledge was a nice addition.

And speaking of Emig and RC... I'm surprised Speed has stuck with those guys for this long. They aren't very good broadcasters, and I don't think they've improved one bit over the last few seasons. I know they have street credit with their racing credentials, but man are they hard to listen to sometimes. Isn't there anybody else out there they could get? Hasn't David Bailey done some broadcasting work? If its him I'm thinking of, he was a pretty good announcer.
  11. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you want to see more of Rutledge Wood, he's one of three hosts (along with Tanner Foust and Adam Ferrara) on the US Top Gear show that has aired for three seasons on the History Channel. (I haven't heard whether it has been renewed for a fourth season.) His persona on Top Gear is patterned a little after James May in the British Top Gear - irreverent and technical. He seems to be making an effort to become more wacky and become the resident comic goof-ball guy at various car and racing events.

- Mark
  12. Dr. Greg

Dr. Greg Tryin' to get home.. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hear, hear! DB was always my favorite "color man." Haven't heard his name come up in a while...

--Doc
  13. Bgunn

Bgunn Listo

Oddometer:

Yes it does...

Painful watching Stewart kick starting his bike with a sore knee. Probably worth the 5 extra pounds that Dungey's bike has, for the electric start.
  14. RustySpokes

RustySpokes Ordinary average guy

Oddometer:
    I was wondering why his mechanic didn't start it for him. :scratch
  15. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    >"If you want to see more of Rutledge Wood..."

NO... NO... NO arrrgh!
  16. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    They had Rutlidge on to make Ralphie look good!:puke1What a waste of time with all the pre race b.s.:topesFuckin Little Hanny needs his ass handed to him.The Dunge was on Barcia "Like a Krishna on an airport traveller"before he fell.I'm sure he was gonna be VERY careful when it came to passing him.:evilUnbelieveable luck for Stewart.What happened to Baggett after the wreck on the start,injury?Bike Problems?Love my DVR!
  17. lbever

lbever IAMX454

Oddometer:
    I doubt it is five extra pounds this year since the new 2013 motor eliminated the casting for the kick starter.
  18. Uller

Uller Done with this BS

Oddometer:

Would you rather some bimbo who has no clue what they are talking about? Just like the NFL has done. :lol3
  19. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Reason for Millsaps success?

[​IMG]
  20. dtysdalx2

dtysdalx2 The only easy day was yesterday...

Oddometer:
    Yes please!

Fox NFL sports used to have Jillian do the weather. Damn, I miss her...:cry

[​IMG]