ADV Rider style shop in East TN

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Minimike, Sep 28, 2007.

1. JayD

JayD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    308?
  2. Minimike

Minimike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No, .223. Not a target gun; but, it has a 1/10 barrel twist. Can't find 77grain Target rounds at any of the local shops.

Put a nice Kahles Helia CSX 1-4x 30mm scope on it with a Larue SPR 1.93 mount. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Iron sites just aren't getting it done any more.

[​IMG]

Dirty truck.

minimike
  3. JayD

JayD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  4. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:
    What's the difference between the Klim Latitude 840 and the Latitude Misano?? Is it that the Misano is lighter weight??? The the difference between the Latitude 840 and the Badlands??

I'm looking at getting one of the two from you some time in the spring or early summer. Just have to make a trip down to you.
  5. Minimike

Oddometer:

The Sig is 1/7. I got confused. My Arsenal AK is 1/10. Too much cold medicine.
  6. Minimike

Oddometer:
    The Latitude 840's are done. The Misano is lighter.

Your really need to try the Latitude and Badlands Pro on. The Pro is at least twice as heavy; but, when you're strapped in it feels like an armored pressure suit. The Latitude's collar is 2" high. It doesn't work for everyone. Klim will tailor the collar for $50. The Pro has more air vents too.

I ordered the new Outlander line too. They aren't in the country until April 28 or so. They are really nice too. Like an updated Traverse with armor and an extra air vent. Great price point too! These will be hard to keep in stock when they get here.

FYI, I wear the Badlands Pro suit. It's got more air vents than anything else I sell, three layers of Gortex, and it's armored almost as well as a pressure suit. I tend to be an aggressive rider and may need all that D30 some day.

For dirt bike riding, I wear a pressure suit for aggressive riding. An Olympia Moab jacket for trail riding with Cherie. For dirt pants, Klim vented or mesh pants with D30 armor.

Minimike
  7. One Less Harley

Oddometer:
    The extra $$$ for the badlands is hard to swallow for me. Do you mean the 840 isn't being sold anymore when you say it's done???? Just afraid the Misano material isn't heavy enough for hard use. I just need to get my but down to you and see for myself. Just gives me an excuse to go down there. Had a crash which damaged my riding gear so I hope to replace it with a good jacket if the persons insurance Co covers it.
  8. Minimike

Oddometer:
    Klim had left in the 840 Latitude Jacket as of 3/21/13 1:45pm,

one-Gray XL
    one- Black SM
    eight-Black XL

In pants, they have quite a bit more. Except for the Talls, which they are almost out of.

You need to try all their gear on, look at my pricing, then make a decision. :evil

minimike
  9. One Less Harley

Oddometer:
    I have no problem spending a little more for one step up as heck why not spend a little more ( but $300 is a lot to justify), I'll forget what I paid after a few rides anyway...I'll make it down to you sometime soon. Rather give you the money than someone across the USA....

btw- I'm a tall skinny guy, 38 chest, 32 waist 34 length. I'll have to try the gear on before purchase.

hey thanks for working over 81-82
  10. Minimike

Oddometer:
    We got in 19 cases of inventory today. About $10k in Klim, they B/O another $10K of the new stuff, and $10K in Olympia Moto Sports. The Wolfman Luggage shipment we'll unpack in the morning. I think there's a Firstgear shipment coming tomorrow too. The shop is so stuffed with jackets and pants, it's hard to get around the store.
  11. Minimike

Oddometer:
    We stock Regulars & Talls in Klim.

In Firstgear we have Short, Reg, and Tall.

Olympia just has one inseam. :cry
  12. sagedrifter

sagedrifter Southern Explorer

Oddometer:
    Good, now thaw out the Cherohala and turn on spring! :deal

Is it still snowing up high? I see some ice forcasted where I want 65 and SUNNY. :D
  13. Kenbike

Kenbike Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stopped by a few weeks ago and picked up a tank bag for my Tenere and a pair of new winter gloves. Mike gave me a heads up on the fire roads to ride and spent 2 days in total bliss! Mike has a great shop and across the street is Telico grains that is the best bakery I have ever visited. If you have not yet been to the area do it this year!
  14. kitesurfer

kitesurfer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Mike! Good to find this post. I've been coming to Tellico Plains for years to paddle tellico river. don't do the whitewater so much anymore. My last trip up i was camping at Blue Ridge MC campground and someone stole my 10 year old leather jacket wile i was in the office registering. I was sweating bullits as this was the 1st day (late saturday) of a 7 day ride. somebody suggested your shop so i headed over 1st light on sunday, hopeing you would be open. You took care of me good! You sold me a KLIM jacket ON SALE that proved to be very waterproof the next 3 days :) I got home to Fla and ordered the matching pants. THANKS for getting me back on the road!
  15. Minimike

Oddometer:

I remember you because I couldn't believe another motorcyclist would steal your jacket at a motorcycle camp ground. :eek1 We've never had a bounced check or any shop lifting at the shop since we've been open. Guess if you ride enough, sooner or later you'll meet a bad rider. It's a shame.

Going to the March Moto Madness Rally tomorrow night to hand out door prize gift certificates, take a couple huge bottles of Buffalo Trace Bourbon for the guys, and get a little drunk. Cherie's going to drive us home. :clap It's a good start of the season.

minimike
  16. One Less Harley

Oddometer:
  17. Yankee Dog

Yankee Dog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mike,

what have you got going in the way of the Klim Dakar pants.
  18. Minimike

Oddometer:

We just got a shipment of the Dakar's in Black in almost every size. Sold a few this weekend. Ordering the Gray's after Easter. Not going to stock the new Pastel colors. Who ever OK'd those needs to be slapped.
  19. Hawk

Hawk Pretentious Fukwit!!

Oddometer:
    Mike,

Just wanted to pass it on in public. You are one hell of a person and supporter of this community. Your generosity with your time and passion for our sport is amazing and something I envy.

Thanks for helping me to get George the proper kit together for his new Klim suit.

I'll see you soon!

John
  20. Minimike

Oddometer:
    John, thanks for the kind words. If you come back to town, George can run Cherie's Sherpa. It'll be a lot lighter on the trails than a KLR.