St. Louis Eastside ADV Riders

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dwthump, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Themastermike

Themastermike Think you caught me in a coma Supporter

Oddometer:
    The only levee is along the Missouri bottom. Otherwise it is all bluff. Only 4 or 5 places to get down to the river on the on the Missouri side.

I just purchased a 990 ADV so I will be doing a few hours of riding on Wedneday. I have to be back home to Pville by 230 tho.
  2. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the heads up, I've rode it north never south. Hoped it was a little more levee than bluff to 'cape. No good stuff following the river north of Ste. Gen. Little more rural going south but never done it.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  3. rustynut2

rustynut2 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Missouri doesn't need a levy, they have hills. Unlike Illinois flat land.
  4. DirtyOlLady

DirtyOlLady Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread. My husband and i are in Alton. Happy to see something for east siders.
  5. Themastermike

Oddometer:

C road is awesome I hit in numerous times a year. Plenty of gravel to ride. Head that way if you never have
  6. sieg

Oddometer:
    Took “C” to Tower Rock, then The Bayou Bar and Grill in Pocahontas last Sunday for lunch.:clap<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  7. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    themastermike,

Me and various ADV riders run levees all the time between Columbia and Praire DuRocher. There is also a ferry at Modoc which is about 4 miles from DuRocher that takes you over to St. Genevieve. I think that you can run about 30-40 miles of gravel levees from
    Columbia to DuRocher and then plenty more going south past Chester. There may be signs saying "agricultural use only", but even a large group can flash through.

Darren
    *It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
  8. ban

ban Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Mix some gravel with the alphabet roads and you could have a 200 mile alphabet loop....(it is missing a few letters)

C
    E
    P
    C
    U
    D
    Aa
    B
    F
    A
    CC
    V
    Y
    W
    E
    B
    Kk
    J
    Hh
    W
    J
    Nn
    t
    W
    Ww
    B
    P
    N
    Z
    M
    H
  9. Themastermike

Oddometer:
    I have ridden every mile I can on the ill side levees from Columbia to Cairo. On the Mo side I have hugged the river from Chester to crossing back over at Cairo. River obsession. Oh well. Worse things to do.
  10. Slvrtundevl

Slvrtundevl Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I live in South County, 5 minutes from my Hometown of Columbia,IL... I run and ride the levee roads all over Dupo, Columbia, Waterloo, EC all the way to Prairie Du Rocher to Chester... and to Grafton and Hardin... let me know.. Ill ride..
  11. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much riding can you do on the Dupo levees? I know there's a bridge over 255 to get you to the Columbia side but I don't know much about Dupo.

Darren
  12. Rordog

Rordog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can go from East Carondelet to 255 on the levee, with some of it rock road.
  13. Wibbs

Wibbs TopNotchTurdHerder

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to say howdy! I live in Edwardsville and just bought a 09 klr. I have been riding road bikes for about twenty years, but I have no off road experience. I guess it's about time to learn! I alway loved cruising backroads, and should have bought a klr years ago.
  14. sieg

Oddometer:
    Welcome aboard!:freaky<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  15. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome Wibbs,
    I too own an '09 KLR, blue of course. I'm in Fairview Heights and we have several ADV riders in the area. I'll include you if I post a potential ride for the group. I'm planning on posting rides here first before I put them on ADV in the Mo. Adventure riders thread. There are many ADV riders in the St. Louis area that are very fun to ride with. I've been on many of their rides.

If you have a regular e-mail outside of this site, let me know. I have a bunch of info for KLR's exclusively that the ADV site does not support.

Darren
    dlwfish3@yahoo.com
  16. bbtech

bbtech Computer Guru

Oddometer:
    I'll add my hello to the mix. I have a 2008 KLR which I am getting up to speed (few things left to do) but would be interested in hearing about any rides. I ride up to and through Carlyle quite a bit, enjoy going through some of those smaller towns. Carlyle for me is perfect for fly and fish and its cheap to camp at the state park.
  17. BigDogAdventures

BigDogAdventures Fart Letter Supporter

Oddometer:
    bbtech and all others---------bunch of folks going to this ride this weekend in Southwest Indiana.
    2 day ride---camp. Your KLR will be great for that ride.

All details are here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822082

Mark
  18. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    bbtech,

What part of the eastside do you hail from? Fairview Heights for me.

Darren

*It's a KLR, I'll catch up*
  19. justdirtyfun

justdirtyfun Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, seen Motoeuropa will have the last vintage cycle night on the 8th. I don't know if I'll ride but will definitely be trying to go. Has anyone been to it or planning on going?
  20. dwthump

dwthump Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I rode down the bluff road from Columbia, Il, to old Valmeyer and back through Waterloo and Millstadt. It was nice when the sun was shining, but it got cold real fast. Had two fails with winter riding gear. I am a fan of layering for the cold and I make sure that one of my layers is my mesh riding jacket with all of the crash protection. I should have put my rain pants on to cut the wind and my winter gloves need an upgrade.

Darren