Northern VA Chatter Thread

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by HBN, Feb 18, 2010.

1. SteelB12

SteelB12 Our Purity of Essence Supporter

Oddometer:

I'm looking forward to the comments about my top case. I will intentionally go over the double yellow to make sure I get on there
  2. CaptnSlo

CaptnSlo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm intrigued by this top case... Is it a milk crate??
  3. HBN

HBN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Blixa, I rode the Diamondback two weekends ago too just near Little Switzerland. The Tar Snakes were outta this world combined with the rocks and sand scattered by storms. :eek1
  4. cptapholmes

cptapholmes brake! No, TURN! No,

Oddometer:
  5. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    Steelb12 let me know when you get on the fail thread. I want a good laugh!
  6. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    I haven't really had much of a chance to get out and ride lately. I had a couple of hours this evening so I got on my trusty Sprint and took a quick ride. It was a gorgeous day to ride, reflect and listen to some tunes in my headset. Damn I miss my free time riding!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    It's an old Givi box painted fluorescent orange. I believe you can see it from the Imternational space station.
  8. SteelB12

SteelB12 Our Purity of Essence Supporter

Oddometer:

Probably no earlier than next spring. I am out of the saddle for a few more months. I need to buy about 7 ADV stickers so there is one showing no matter what side killboy is on
  9. RocketMan

RocketMan Out Rocketing

Oddometer:
    Nest time your in the area, head a mile down 226 to the Alpine Inn and stay there, great little place, great views and much quieter. Last time I stayed there I rode up to the Switzerland Inn for dinner, used to be a 5 star restaurant and had some of the best roasted duck ever. Hate to think its gone down hill. Sounds like you had a great ride nonetheless.

RM
  10. CaptnSlo

CaptnSlo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I must have just missed you. Yeah I remember there was a ton of debris all over the road too. We were fortunate enough to miss a pretty fierce thunderstorm the night we got there (we got to the inn just in time) but we ran into some riders who got stuck in the thick of it - torrential rain, lightning, heavy winds, and pea soup fog - at night no less. We were lucky.

11. ORexpat

ORexpat Oregon Expatriate Supporter

Oddometer:
    . . . from the Catherder's thread.

Took the ferry to Seattle yesterday, rode around town on the GS. Went to the Filson HQ, bought a couple of things for the GS from the Touratech USA warehouse, and rode a demo 2013 Moto Guzzi Stone. (Sweet bike, but that's another story . . . :d).

Took a couple of photos from the ferry with my iPhone. Too dumb to remember a real camera . . .

The Brothers, Olympic Mountains, looking back west as the ferry leaves for Seattle.

[​IMG]

Looking SE toward Rainier. Hazy, looking into the sun. Sorry for the poor photo.

[​IMG]

A couple of non-motorcycling shots, from a recent hike SweetBird and I took to a spot along the Hood Canal.

[​IMG]

Called the Stump House. Supposedly was the hangout of a "desperado" during the Great Depression.

[​IMG]
  12. elnonio

elnonio shedding n00bness

Oddometer:
    And it has been in/to Spain. I guess I have to endorse?!

Antonio

13. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nah just a KLR.

:D
  14. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    There's a bunch of roads like that between Bull Run Mtn and Mt Weather.

I ride em on my bicycle(s) all the time.

Bull Run Mtn Rd just got scraped, so it was a little loose last time I rode it. That was last week. It *should* be better now.

I know its for bicycles, but if you go to link there's maps and stuff listed

HTH

M
  15. bwalsh

bwalsh Long timer

Oddometer:
    We've lost another gravel road. Gooney Manor Loop, Rt 631, is in the process of being tarred and chipped. :cry
  16. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Shit that really sux, one of my favorites in that area

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
  17. Dooga

Dooga Adventure Tourer

Oddometer:
    Damn you road works *shakes fist*
  18. TH

TH There and Here

Oddometer:
    Well, I drove my bike to work today (an almost everyday occurence and I'm in preparation for Ride Your Bike To Work Day), I've been officially labeled crazy by my co-workers due to the very inclement weather that is rolling in. I may not be riding home, due to a concerned wife, but she is willing ot pick me up from her work and drive me home, if needed.

So, crazy I am, but loving the ability to ride to work almost every day! :D
  19. Lacedaemon

Lacedaemon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I saw a few folks riding into work today (both pedal and engine powered) they looked soggy and miserable more than in danger. :dog
  20. Riteris

Riteris Dessert Runner

Oddometer:
    A place many ADV Riders fear: The Nation's Capital
    So, with the recent rains, we now have a "water feature" in our dining room.

I am trying to get three estimates from reliable companies.

Maggio came by and I am waiting for an estimate from them. (I think they are going to be the high bid.)

I am waiting to hear back from Corley and Wagner.

I stayed home today to wait for somebody from Shiner but they had to postpone because they don't have a ladder available today to get on on my roof. (WTF!!!???)

So, can you recommend a reliable quality roofer with stuff like insurance and ladders who won't set my house on fire?