Jesse Safari Cases??

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by GH41, Jan 5, 2013.

1. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    " I see it now, a 'bait and switch troll"

How do you figure that?? :D
  2. F800ekelley

F800ekelley Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I am actually looking to buy those EXACT bag what is your best honest price
  3. STVO

STVO Adventurer

Oddometer:
    v v v v v v v v v

:evil
  4. Loutre

Loutre Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer:
    :rofl

Wait is your name actually STrassenVerkehrsOrdnung o0

[​IMG]
  5. Tor

Tor Making Life A Ride, One Corner At A Time

Oddometer:
    Why are you selling them? Changing to different cases? :ear
  6. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I ride 95% of the time two up with the wife. We are old and it is difficult for her to get on and off with the cases mounted. We only bought them to store our gear when off of the bike. The inconvenience of carrying our jackets around when off of the bike is not worth the bitching I have to listen to with the cases mounted!! When we travel the bike is on a trailer and only ridden when we reach our destination. We don't pack the cases. GH
  7. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Tor, I just noticed you are in SC. Depending on the distance I will be happy to meet up and show them to you. I am in HHI. Shoot me a PM for my email address. GH
  8. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Run a cable lock thru the sleeve of the jacket and lock it to the bike.

I'm still willing to give you $650 for them, as I have the patience to wait for the right buyer to come along with the $850 they're worth.
  9. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I understand your position but it ain't going to happen. I'll keep them for occasional us before giving them away. Thanks anyway, GH
  10. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    "Run a cable lock thru the sleeve of the jacket and lock it to the bike"

That is my plan. GH
  11. CrustyOldFart

CrustyOldFart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    GH, I replied to your PM.
  12. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    I continue the cable through my full face helmet as well. Beats the Hell out of lugging the bags if you don't pack them, for sure. You'd probably be better off with a throw over set of Wolfman's or similar, for the occasional over night? I've got a set of BMW bags coming with the F700GS.
    BTW, are these on Flea Market?
    Lyle
  13. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Overnight for us is easy. We trailer the bike to our camp (Hotel). From the home base we travel away for a night to the N,E,S or west. coming back to the camp the next day. Repeat as necessary! With the top case we can get by. I tried to sell them on the flea market but got tired of the members beating me up. It seems that you can sell a 3 year old bike for 10% less than new but can't sell like new accessories for more than 1/2 half of what you paid for them. I'll probably just keep them for occasional use. GH
  14. JustKip

JustKip Long timer

Oddometer:

It amazes me that this thread didn't get punted to HE long ago. You couldn't sell them in the FM and now you've spent weeks here, trying to sell above what people are willing to pay and struggling with reality.
    Get over your "poor me, people just don't understand value like I do" before you start looking pathetic :wink:
  15. GH41

GH41 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ??? Gh
  16. itsatdm

itsatdm Long timer

Oddometer:
    He is trying to tell you that your sale items are posted in an inappropriate place. That is the purpose of Flea Market. To keep "for sale" items out of bike specific threads.

Normally a mod would have you and your thread moved to a more appropriate location.

Those cases are only worth what some one will pay. Your opinion really does not matter. You can move it back to Flea Market, you can find another media to sell it on or you can keep them. What you should not be doing is bitching about it here.

Don't agree with that, we will just sit back and watch what happens.:komet
  17. CrustyOldFart

CrustyOldFart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Still waiting......
    You sent me a PM several days ago and I replied with some questions...crickets
    Im considering buying those exact cases from Jesse. What have you decided to do with yours?

One thing to keep in mind is that while you cases may be near new, there is some risk involved in buying used from a stranger over long-distance. Not suggesting you'd screw me, just saying if I have a problem with racks/mount or boxes locks or latches, etc, I just can't call Jesse up for exchange like I could if I bought new and found some problem. So that may be one reason why people aren't willing to pay near new boxes for near new prices. There's a point where the discount from new just isn't worth the risk.

All that being said, however, I would still consider buying yours for a price that I was comfortable with. Just through out a number for me to consider and I'll let you know if that works for me or not and I may counter.

I'm ordering boxes this week either way so let me know.
    Steve
  18. xsf18cdf

xsf18cdf xsf18cdf

Oddometer:
    I am interested in your cases.

Thanks,

Gary