Calgarians that dualsport

Discussion in 'Canada' started by macuser, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Calgary06

Calgary06 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anybody know where in town I can get Mitas tires or are they only/best through MX1?
    I'm looking to give the E09 or E07 a whirl when I take the k60s off.
    Thanks
    Paul
  2. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm running a E09 front/E07 rear on my 990 right now and like the combo very much.

Ordered through MX1 as I think they are the only game in town in Canada for Mitas tires.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  3. Calgary06

Oddometer:
    Thanks.
    You guys do the Dakar model? Any point in having the extra ply?
  4. flossandfly

flossandfly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got the dakar ones for the vstrom. Not sure if they are better, but they are the dakar so must be better. :lol3

Shipping from mx1 was quick and free.
  5. Fatallybitten

Fatallybitten Slow and getting slower Supporter

Oddometer:
    GW Cycle is a dealer for Mitas, but they just order them from MX1, so with delivery to your door from MX1 it is easier to just order from them. The Dakar is better if you are doing something like the Dempster, but otherwise the non-Dakar is sufficient. Cheers, David
  6. Cal

Cal Long timer

Oddometer:
    I have the E07 non dakar on my 650 and they say right on the tire that they are 4 ply...so I'm not sure what the difference could be between the Dakar and non Dakar?
  7. XSoCal

XSoCal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In case anyone was waiting as I was, A Vicious Cycle/Twisted Throttle has the Mefo SE in stock again. I got my 150/70 R18 for the KTM 950 a few days ago. I can't believe I haven't even had a chance to try it out yet. Took one week to come in from the US to Ontario, then 3 days to here.
    [​IMG]
  8. Jeathrow Bowdean

Jeathrow Bowdean Long timer

Oddometer:
    *** Day 3 of Nordegg and Area ***

I won't be able to down load pictures of the Nordegg area since the folks at the Nordegg hotel are per-snickity with the wifi !!!

All of the main roads are bare and dry, as the smaller side roads are still wet, the FTR North of Nordegg is like a high speed hwy, I'll check the South part today too see where the gal from Edmonton went missing at North Ram river km 22 marker, they found the car but not her !!! Strange it is.

I got to the top of one MT with bump, grind, and chew, and the husky oil dude told me that I would not of made it had I not spent my fund on the KTM 990 !!!
    [​IMG]

(Too funny) that was since I didn't have the hart to tell him it is a fake home made KTM 690. Ha Ha (Not).

Just an old KLR 705 big bore with K-60 tires (Hot knife cut grove tires for the nasty stuff...
    [​IMG]
    I can't wait too put 1 or the other Hot Cam packages in the beast to bring this monster alive.

But I have all season for this to happen.

Anyways, they put in 4 new roads up here too go alnog the the other 20 that went in over the last 2 years, so this works out to a little over 1500 kms of gravel with multy thousands of cut blocks and cut lines.
    [​IMG]

She all inter-links with end-less possibilities. Sun Child West to Park boundries, Hwy 11 to Nordegg River raod and further North then that into endless awesome-ness.

JB. (Unleash the Power).
  9. tokenboy

tokenboy Gnirly Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The yellow stripe is the difference!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  10. Calgary06

Oddometer:
    The yellow stripe is an indicator of how badly you just bent the F800 rim correct???

Now I just have to wait for more stock to arrive in BC. I think I'll go E07 rear and E09 in the front. The K60s will last a little longer but I am not liking a few crack's that have shown up on the rear.
    6500kms with about half gone in the center (down past most of the shallow center grooves that cut diagonally across the big blocks)
  11. Durden

Durden Freak!

Oddometer:
    What a beaut! Haha, love the orange KTM, its just antagonistic! Looking forward to dusting off the pig this summer.
  12. Jeathrow Bowdean

Oddometer:
    It was too funny that buddy thought it was a KTM, and I only did the ugly sticky to bug our fellow dual sport brothers in Edmonton area.

North Nordegg & Abraham Lake is a go, as well as the FTR from Nordegg to Hinton or Edson. Road is in super shape. Picture of Baldy MT fire tower out-look
    [​IMG]

South of Nordegg on FTR is good as well, but there are some icy section in the shadded in spots. The side roads are
    [​IMG]

But over all
    [​IMG]

Snowmobiking is good.

JB. 1180 kms of gravel and 56 kms of pavment. Let's just un leash our power.
  13. Fatallybitten

Fatallybitten Slow and getting slower Supporter

Oddometer:
    I am considering taking this one day course in June. Any advice/comments/recommendations would be appreciated. Cheers, David
  14. kaptinkaos

kaptinkaos Just some nOOb

Oddometer:
    Was a sunny, but snowy/icy roads trip in last Sunday. The Transalta road was nigh impassable and with some big bikes it would have been no fun. Even the little 4x4's were having troubles with the hills, lol! Still worth the fresh air though, :)

[​IMG]

Gagging to get the Honda out for a time... it's fully street legal now and should be a bloody hoot in the woods.
  15. pne

pne Long timer

Oddometer:
    not sure if you guys got hit as well, but mierda.. we got another dose of winter here in Edmonton. Not warming up again until saturday.. good news is sunday I get on a plane to thailand to do some riding!
  16. Jeathrow Bowdean

Oddometer:
    Nice pictures Lycan, thx for sharing...

We can't bank on the weather, but there's no deny-ing the thrill of riding snow or no snow !!!

Cypress Hills a Month ago in South Eastern Alberta.
    [​IMG]

I just closing in on my 4000 km mark of Alberta dual sport riding for the 2014 year down there, Calgary and Abraham Lake 6 weeks ago at the Dam. Next to nill for snow there, as it's all melted off by now...
    (Not the lake)
    [​IMG]

Pal JB
  17. flossandfly

flossandfly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I took the course and had a great time. The balance exercises at the start were tiring. The instructors were great, they made sure I was leaning my bike as much as possible on slow turns. Would recommend it.

Was a nice warm day when I took it
  18. mace87

mace87 n00b

Oddometer:
    46 days to go and lots to do!
  19. mace87

mace87 n00b

Oddometer:
    Has anyone heard about the CCM 450 coming to canada? I hope a Calgary dealer gets them. I'd love to take one for a rip!
  20. kaptinkaos

kaptinkaos Just some nOOb

Oddometer:
    Street legal, adventure-able... Probably not as cheap and a little more maintenance. Honda still waiting for a gas tank coming from IMS too... Both are 450's. You can start with any 450, really...

[​IMG]