2013 Klim Adventure Rally 2 / Adventure Air

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Brtp4, Sep 27, 2012.

1. LocuL

LocuL Gnarly Steward

Oddometer:
    yep its a bummer. I have the dollars in hand and could i realistic save the money till 2014...:rofl
    Got to try the Rukka Armas in the next fevv days.
  2. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    It's such a shame. I was really looking forward to Adventure II, it resolves (or would, IF they would make the damn thing) all of the minor issues I've had with the Adventure and the Badlands and combines the best features of both. I had my money ready to send . . . :cry

DAMMIT KLIM WHY??!! :becca
  3. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello Bastimentos.

Until they are in my hands I cannot be 100% certain, but my understanding is that the Badlands is not getting any changes to armor or pattern. Either would be a fairly significant change, and the style # is same year.<year.

BP</year.
  4. bastimentos

bastimentos Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your help, ready to order as soon as you have confirmation either way.
  5. Desertbilly

Desertbilly Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too bad. I was hoping for the ADV Air suit this season.
  6. sonoran

sonoran Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dammit. :becca
  7. F650Dakar_Norway

F650Dakar_Norway What off-season? Supporter

Oddometer:
    Klim has a stellar warranty followup. The first Adventure Rally Suit series of 2010 had some issues ( Gore-Lockout failures, outer shell fluffing up on outer fabric etc. ), but their followup is legendary well.

This goes to show their impeccable quality control.
    Their gear lineup is fabricated in China - so there must be strict standards and specifications at large here. Surely not an easy logistical chain of fabrics and quality control overseas here.

Thumbs up and hope they do well :deal
  8. Andreas240

Andreas240 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for a good thread with solid information. I was wondering if theres an update of where Klim is as far as the 2x new suits ... I dont want to buy Badlands Pro and just to find out the new release of the new stuff is just around the corner ...

Cheers
  9. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    They had them at the BMW rally and said they will have them for next year. I really hope they do. But, they said they would have them in 2013 and they cancelled them.

I already have a Badlands so I've already got a great jacket. :deal
  10. dragos

dragos Master of disaster.

Oddometer:
    I understand both the Rally 2 and Air will be shown in Europe next week. I guess they will be available soon?
  11. Enigmagic

Enigmagic wat

Oddometer:
    Have you heard anything since? I'm thinking of refreshing my gear soon and I'll probably hold off if they're actually going to release the Rally 2 in the next few months.
  12. dragos

Oddometer:
  13. Enigmagic

Enigmagic wat

Oddometer:
    Excellent, thanks. Guess I'll wait for a new jacket :1drink
  14. Little Bike

Little Bike Air/Clutz Sue Supporter

Oddometer:
    Really like the idea of the Air. Be nice if Klim made a neck brace compatible jacket in women's sizes. We do adventure riding too.:ddog.

On our own bikes. In hot to cold/rainy weather. We fall off in the dirt and wear Leatt braces.

You can get away with men's pants if you're tall, but not jackets. The armor ends up in the wrong places.:deal
  15. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:

meh, not really, klim is just the one that decided to listen to us desert riders and make it. i'm not the only one who's been popping off emails over the years asking manufacturers to make this, and i guess i shouldnt be surprised its KLIM who is doing it, they have single handedly changed quite a bit in riding gear options over the past few years.

good for KLIM.
  16. dragos

Oddometer:
    The same concept is available for few years in the Touratech Companero suit.
  17. JTT

JTT Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stadler also offers several suits built like this too (not coincidentally Stadler makes the Touratech suit). Halvarssons Safety Suit was also built on this same principle.
  18. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    oh wow, hadnt seen that before.

i want lighter/simpler stuff geared for dual sport/offroad rather than touring/adv touring. i'm not a KLIM fanboy or anything, but they are doing things pretty good for the more offroad crowd, anyway, more options out there the better we'll all be.
  19. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yeah. Its hardly revolutionary. Its more about how well the outer is integrated to the inner. If the two act as one for donning/doffng it'd great. Otherwise its just another vented suit with an ill fitting flopping rain jacket over the top.
  20. Brtp4

Brtp4 Powdercoat it. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gentlemen, I knew that Motoport build suits with the Shoeller Kevlar mesh, and figured others did also. I do not think those suits were made to work with an integrated, packable, 3-layer stretch Gore-Tex rainproof shell that can be packed and carried in the suit.

BP