2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series

Discussion in 'Racing' started by nachtflug, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    nOOb ?
    RD went 1/2
    RV went 2/1

How does RV win on the day and not tie ?
  2. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Points collected are the same, and the overall doesn't mean anything but for bonus money really, but 2nd moto is the deciding moto for the day.
  3. Chuck Roll

Chuck Roll Allergic to Organic

Oddometer:
    Got it , thanks .
  4. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    What Skwidd said.

Here's a cut and paste from the AMA rule book

6. Points awarded per moto are 1 point for first, 2 points for second, 3 points for third, etc. The rider accumulating the fewest points after both motos is the overall class winner. In case of a tie, the winner is the rider with the better finishing position in the final moto
  5. skwidd

Oddometer:
    Bring back the 40+2 :pynd
  6. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    :evil

Bubba placed no value on Mr. Baker and soon after his results faltered.

Villopoto, a racer with the mind of a champion, took Bubba's discards and upped his game. :gdog - Which is the same intelligent muti-championship winning plan that the "G.O.A.T." went by. - Ricky's mother is the one that recommended he hire a trainer. His father said he went from a "fat boy" to an athlete. - Under the the direction of Aldon Baker, Carmichael dropped twenty pounds and got fit. The rest is SX/MX history. Great championship winning minds think alike.

http://www.racerxvt.com/article/trainer-talk-with...aldon-baker

Flug, read the end of the article where he talks about mandatory drug testing. :deal

7. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    I'm not saying being fit isn't an edge I never have. I'm saying Aldon Baker is bound to "look good" when he hitches his wagon to the gravy train being driven by the #1 laser beam on the planet. It's not real complicated RV won without him.
  8. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    But could he have dominated without him?
  9. skwidd

Oddometer:

Mitch?
  10. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    Him too.
  11. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    his results show that he did.
  12. enduro0125

Oddometer:
    When did they team up together?

*edit*
    Never mind.
    http://www.pulpmx.com/stories/eighteen-minutes-fourteen-seconds-aldon-baker

Aldon Baker has been involved with some of the top riders in the sport of supercross for a long, long time now. This South African who’s specialty was bicycle racing and personal training, hooked up with Ricky Carmichael for the 2000 season and the two of them combined for a ton of championships and race wins. When RC retired, it was on to Ben Townley for a few years and then James Stewart. After those two parted ways, people watched with interest as Baker moved over to Ryan Villopoto’s camp.

Aldon’s off-season work with Villopoto can be seen in the fact that RV has never been this sculpted before. Early on this season, RV has two wins and the sx points lead as I write this. I got a few minutes of Baker’s time to talk about his deal with RV and his split from Stewart.

Me: Aldon, can you tell us about your deal working with Ryan Villopoto?

Aldon Baker: He approached me actually and the thing was when I was approached by Ryan, right out of the gate, he mentioned the areas he's got to be pushed. That’s a cool thing when the athlete knows his strengths and weaknesses. Also his girlfriend Kristen also gave me some feedback, which was awesome because you then get a fair idea of how much pushing he needed and what was going to be in place. Because I didn't start with him until November, we didn't have a lot of time to kick it in and had to go straight into it, getting a good plan together, and moving it forward from there.

The guy has always had the ability and speed but hasn’t been in the shape to let that really loose because that’s an area that has been holding him back and well out of balance. I think coming through that, and just a sense of confidence in your fitness and your ability, because now he doesn’t get tired like he used to and knows he’s still going to get fitter, and we've got areas that will improve through time and that’s good. It’s a real big turnaround. We just keep honest and maintaining his side of all the little pieces and make sure that’s covered.
  13. pvangel

pvangel Team AARP

Oddometer:
  14. Joelness

Joelness Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I don't necessarily think that the laser thing is as big a deal as all that, but in this case I'm a fan of the ruling. We can just call it karma.
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    wtf are you smoking you fool he's shining a laser into peoples eyes.
  16. Joelness

Joelness Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I apologize for my earlier ignorance. I just learned how much more dangerous green lasers are than the old fashioned red laser pointers. I take it back that it wasn't that serious. :doh BTW Natch did you make it to Washougal after all? I know in the beginning of the thread you had it on your wish list.
  17. MotoKat

MotoKat Whine Cooler.

Oddometer:
    I went to Washougal this weekend and experienced my first Motocross event.

What. A. Hoot! I'll definitely going to more of them.

I took some pics and learned one thing... taking pics from behind the rider is NOT the best position.
    [​IMG]

Those dirt clods hurt! :lol3
  18. stoneyony

stoneyony Adventurer

Oddometer:
    @PulpmxShow: Breaking news: Per Motoconcepts team owner, Mike Genova, they will not be racing the rest of this MX season.
  19. triumph406

triumph406 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That makes sense, they are now pariahs in the paddock. I wonder if they will come back next year, and I wonder if this is the end of Mike on a top flight team?

I always thought Tony A would cause his own downfall, but it will be at the hands of Jeff A. Of course threatening D coombes didn't help.
  20. DruncleWill

DruncleWill CRASH TESTED

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EGDGzIaauu0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>