The West's Networking Thread

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by AngryScot, Feb 10, 2009.

1. AngryScot

AngryScot .

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the Wests Networking thread!

Here's the place to post your virtual business card, info on job leads or jobs wanted, or other business-type services offered in the Western area (Arizona, California, and Nevada).

To avoid spamminess, the rules are simple:

1. One post per business/service offering/contact - be sure your contact info is accurate and if your services are highly local (i.e. no mail order), be sure to include a city and state in your post.

2. Text only, and no large/overly colorful/downright obnoxious fonts, please. Think "clean Yellow Pages listing" to keep the visual noise level down. This thread is to serve as a reference - it is not another obnoxious advertising space. Nobody wants to repeatedly scroll through visual spam like this every time they visit the thread.

[​IMG]

3. No replies will be permitted in this thread - if you see something you like, want or need, all inquiry/discussion is to be carried on outside of the thread via PMs, email, or phone. It would be a good idea to state your preferred method of contact in your post.

4. If you are offering or looking for work, please delete your post once you've landed your dream employee/job.

5. Any overt spamminess (including but not limited to non-western-regional services, abuse of contact info, etc.) will be struck down swiftly by the hand of Mod(erators). If things get out of hand, the whole thread will be punted to Vendors.

6. Play nice. :D

While we may ride globally, doing business locally just might help out a fellow rider - so post 'em up! :freaky

update 4/18/2011 *removing old stale post for found positions etc, removed duplicate entries.
    If folks would update there post of nuke the old one when wishing to an update we can keep this thread clean and informative. Thanks!
  2. Gerg

Gerg The Destroyer

Oddometer:
    I'll hawk the company I work for...

PG&E is hiring. Like many businesses they have an ageing workforce. Go to WWW.PGE.COM to see what available and feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Typically the jobs are in the geographical service territory. That is about 3/4 of California. Eureka to the NW, Burney to the NE, Santa Maria to the SW, and Needles (at the Aridzona Border) in the SE.

There are Jobs out there.

Update: I retired in 2011. Only advice now is go to the website.
  3. hurty

hurty my back..it's my back

Oddometer:
    State Farm Insurance agent...and devoted ADVer. Any one need help with insurance...Home...Auto... Life....Motorcycle etc. Give me a call
    530-823-1678:clap

Located in Auburn for 27 years:D

references: Stonewall, Slaniac, Microwave etc..etc
  4. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    D. Scott Barber, Esq.
    Liedle, Getty & Wilson, LLP
    12555 High Bluff Drive, Suite 270
    San Diego, CA 92130

I practice real estate litigation and nursing home defense. On the real estate side, I represent commercial landlords. I handle matters against tenants (evictions and breach of lease) and defend landlords against ADA lawsuits. I also defend nursing homes against claims of elder abuse and neglect.

I'm always willing to chat with ADV members who have legal questions, just remeber that I only practice in California.

I have represented a few ADV and SDAR members (I won't name them for obvious reasons) and all of them have bought me beer afterwards. :slurp Or at least they've promised to! :evil
  5. Gummee!

Gummee! That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer:
    I'm new to workin At Banker's Life and Casualty here in Tucson, AZ...

The company does primarily Medicare Supplements, Insurance for various things like Long Term, Short Term Care, Hospital Indemnity, and minimal amounts of financial advising (fixed and indexed annuities) for seniors.

PM me for a phone # if you or someone that you know needs to learn about Medicare, etc.

M
  6. Roadracer_Al

Roadracer_Al louder, louder, louder!

Oddometer:
    I'm a 25+ year veteran in the advertising industry, and have run my own business, Level Five Graphics, Inc. since 1998. I moved to the Bay Area in January of 2009, but I have clientele nation-wide.

I am a graphic designer, commercial and technical illustrator, and photographer.

I have expertise in most areas of print design and production such as: annual reports; books; periodicals -- newspapers, magazines, and newsletters; real estate marketing; package design; and direct mail. I recently designed, illustrated and produced Lee Parks second edition of Total Control. I just finished a 5-year stint as the art director for CityBike magazine.

My illustration work covers a variety of styles, but is primarily technical: some science and medical; lots of real estate marketing illustrations; and tons of Photoshop seat time doing realistic illustration. I produced 144 illustrations for Race Tech's Motorcycle Suspension Bible.

Photographically, while I was with CityBike, I produced a lot of action motorsports photography. I also do portraits, and have done a lot of real estate photography.

And, I have a pretty unique photographic specialty: I climb to the top of construction cranes and take skyline panoramas for high-rise apartment marketing materials.

http://www.levelfive.com/HTML/PORTFOLIO_PAGES/Portfolio_RE_Photo_CRANE.html

Please visit my website for a comprehensive on-line portfolio:

http://www.levelfive.com

I have a side-business for manual machining, welding & fabrication. I can create modify or repair almost anything mechanical, and do a lot of work on luggage systems, which is always useful for the Adventure Rider.

Please email (on my site under "contact") or PM me through ADVRider if you'd like to get the ball rolling.
  7. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gold Wellness Physical Therapy
    Danny Gold
    6221 Wilshire Blvd., #616
    Los Angeles, CA 90048
  8. jimmy650

jimmy650 South Canol Racing Club

Oddometer:
    I am presently looking for work as a Mechanical Engineer.

Product Design
    Pro-Engineer
    SolidWorks
    Plastic Part Design
    Metal Part Design
    Project Management

Link to examples of recent work:

Jim Robertson
    BSME
    831-566-1618
  9. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    + TRAVELERS HELP:

I buy motorcycles for incoming travelers and rent room to them here in Claremont, 35 miles east of Los Angeles. I do motoprep. Also guide or trip info. Short term storage. Start your trip out right, have your bike ready and waiting, saves time and money. I have many satisfied customers and can provide references. I can get you a Title and Insurance. You can leave with Title in hand then be south of the Border in a couple of hours! No need to wait three weeks for a Title, no worries, no DMV hassle. I do it all. No U.S. license needed, no address needed.

First contact: fettler@hotmail.com

the famous james and the fabulous colleen
  10. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    John Gil Enterprises lic. # 871872
    Operating out of Reseda, CA
    Commercial and Industrial Electrician (will do residential work if needed)
    johngilent@gmail.com or 818-683-3175

Your business is welcomed!
  11. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    LVH Entertainment Systems is a speciality contractor that sells and installs stage equipment throughout Calif. Located in Oxnard, Ca, we are currently looking for an AutoCAD draftsperson to prepare submittal drawings and product submittals. 3d experince and knowledge of architectural drafting standards a plus. Work includes maintaining pricing database and assiting project managers and estimator.

PM or email mark (at) lvhentertainment.com for additonal info.

Job filled
  12. 97Octane

97Octane Defining Mediocrity

Oddometer:
    Just tryign to tap the Advrider crowd here for talent. I am looking for a Flash based web designer to build a single website to showcase a home that will coming up for sale in the Woodlands. It will not be a searchable real-estate site, or anything that complicated. This will be a single home, but I need the website to encompass a bit of video or at least links to video (HD footage & photos will be provided), descriptions for every room, details about the builder and contact information etc. If you are in Houston, and have some indoor photography skills as well, then ever better. A large degree of artistic freedom will be given to complete this project.

If you know of any Flash/web designers that need a side gig feel free to send me a PM or a link to their online portfolio. There is no rush on the job and would be perfect for anyone who has a full time job, and wants some side money.

[​IMG]
  13. memphisslim

memphisslim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am looking for full time work in Telecommunications or Finance.

Pm with email address if you would like a copy of my resume.
  14. Skred

Skred Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tri-Valley Travel is an online travel agency. You can also buy a car, schedule a cruise, find a train ride and make hotel reservations world-wide.

http://www.tri-valleytravel.com
  15. SocalRob

SocalRob Super Moderator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    My company performs mostly commercial land surveying services from ALTA title insurance surveys to topographic maps to construction layout. Expert witness work too. We have state of the art GPS equipment for larger projects. Full insurance.

For friends (an ADV member would be a friend) in need I will do residential surveys or refer you to a good smaller company, whichever is more cost effective at the time. I am happy to give advice about what to ask a surveyor when you hire one.
  16. 8703

8703 message in a bottle

Oddometer:
    • Green Building
    • New Construction
    • Renovations

Attached Files:

17. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    For the last three or four months I have been working on putting together a race team for Trophy Trucks. If you would like to come help at races, send me a sales pitch. This is for extra help. You will be the bottom guy(gopher, truck polisher). Probably throw you out in the middle of no where with a couple of qualified guys. If the truck comes in, your job will be to roll a tire up to the truck(not change it) or grab a wrench when the real mechanics are under the truck and yell for a wrench. You will be required to show up sometime for pit stop practice some weeks before the race. Shop will most likely be out at Willow Springs Raceway. We are going to try and get to a race by the end of the year but will mostly be for 2010/2011 season. First truck should be done in three months and we intend to drive/practice the hell out of it for the rest of the year.

Bonus points for:
    1) you will pay us to work on the team:rofl. Enough $ and you get to drive the 800HP 30+ inches of travel truck.
    2) welding/fabrication/mechanical skills
    3) work for free
    4) experience?
    5) show up for this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411595 fix all the broken bikes and flats so I don't have to.
    6) cook/food prep

This is actually going to be a professional team with three trucks in the race once they all get built. I will need at least 10 more people at the races.

Points subtracted if you actually want to get paid(day rate+expenses). Welcome to the racing industry.
    If you are really lucky I'll give you a ride in one. I get to race one:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap .
  18. les price

les price 990 slider

Oddometer:
    My Company Is Priceless Construction And I Do Remodeling And New Home Builds. I Offer Consulting And Help With Projects That Have Problems. Feel Free To Call If You Have Any Questions I Can Help With. Les Price M-602-527-2590 Web- Pricelessconstruction.com. My Specialties Are Difficult Projects And The Unordinary. Phx. Area
  19. gringostd

gringostd Rubber side up

Oddometer:
    I run a design/build studio out of Oakland, Ca specializing in custom interior furnishings and cabinetry - residential and commercial. I also offer custom lighting, design services [CAD drafting / 3d computer modeling], and miscellaneous fabrication of wood, plastics, and non-ferrous metals [no, I can't fab stuff for your bike --- unless you have a really fancy wooden motorcycle].

Please check out the website for more:
    www.stephendaydesign.com

Thanks,
    Steve
  20. DocWong

DocWong Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've been in practice for over 20 years and a very active motorcyclist for longer, so I understand back, neck and wrist issues relating to riding, etc. I've been doing the free Doc Wong Riding Clinics for the last 15 years.

Feel free to PM me for questions, even if you're not in my area. Discounts given to Adv Riders.

Harry Wong, D.C.
    Active Life Medical-Chiropractic
    1391 Woodside Road, Suite 200
    Redwood City, CA 94061

(650) 365-7775

www.docwong.com