Rally WV 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by poondangle, May 21, 2013.

1. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    I just reserved a condo that sleeps 6. However I think it will be full with people from our car team.
  2. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    more lodging info:

I was graciously taken in by Braden and company in their rental. I really look forward to meeting new people and putting faces/names to screen names. Their rental starts on Friday, but it looks like I'll have to be there Thursday evening for the noob orientation. Anyway, I just got off the phone with Betty at the Marlinton Motor Inn (1-800-354-0821), and they do have rooms available. Thursday night is only $54. Just another option for folks.
  3. jack splash

jack splash Two Sheds

Oddometer:
    Hey: I have also been taken in by the Braden Bunch, :D

I only heard from one other and figured it would be easier to stay there then try to organize a group.

See you all then.

Regards
    Jack
  4. Hypermofo

Hypermofo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in! Just paid my entry fee! Rather ticked with myself for procrastinating until early entry is over but hey, whata gonna do... mostly i'm pumped about my second motorally:clap

Does the Braden Bunch have room for one more?:ear

Rodney
  5. SquadraCorse

SquadraCorse Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I think the Braden accommodations are pretty much full. I'm thinking about grabbing a place if I can get one or two more people interested.
  6. Entrepre-neer

Entrepre-neer Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer:
    Here's my count so far. I've got the following guys (plus some family/crew) on the list to stay at the place I booked in Sawmill village.

Entrepre-neer
    Country Doc
    ct_rider
    jack splash
    poondangle

I think the following folks are still looking to group up:
    HyperMofo
    SquadraCorse
    SethS
    Scholz?
    JJMac?

My offer of floor space for a sleeping bag still stands if everything at the top of the mountain is booked. I think we could even sqeeze 3 or 4 onto the back patio if weather cooperates. You might wake up with a deer in your sleeping bag though. :rofl

I'm not sure if any car teams have room. Seth can you shed any light on where to look for that info?
  7. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    I might be wrong here but I thought the 2013 rally agenda had the new racer orientation on Friday evening??? I cant seem to access rallywv.com right now to check

What is a poondangle anyway?:ear:evil
  8. Seth S

Oddometer:
    I already have a place rented for my team and I think we are pretty full right now. I have spoken to another car team but they already have a place rented with 2 other teams. If you have 4 or 5 people looking for a place the first tracks site is a good one for many on mountain options. The place I found is $125/night.
  9. SquadraCorse

Oddometer:
    Guys-

I just booked a one Bedroom at Top Of the World for Thursday-Sunday. If anyone needs a room to crash in let me know.

Cheers,
    Tom
  10. poondangle

poondangle Slow

Oddometer:
    The supp regs have the orientation on Thursday. I confirmed it through the rally's FB page. So for now, it looks like it is on Thursday night.

Oh, just ask my wife when you meet her, she'll be thrilled to offer an explanation :lol3
  11. Hypermofo

Oddometer:
    SquadraCorse - i'm in if you've got space.

Anyone else interested and we could make it a three bedroom? Scholz? JJMac?
  12. Hypermofo

Oddometer:
    i'm running a pair of visionx solstice solos as aux lighting on my 530 and i'm wondering if this will be enough for the night stage. They are awesome lights, but i've never used them in a race setting...

Thinking about adding a second set or maybe replacing the main light with a larger LED.

Thoughts anyone?
  13. SquadraCorse

Oddometer:
    Hyper-

Poondangle is in for Thursday night only, so if you want in for any of the other nights no problem. Thursday is fine too, but you'll probably need an air mattress or something. Or I can see if a 2 BR is available if you don't want to couch surf.

If anyone else is interested I'm not opposed to upgrading to more rooms, but hit me up ASAP since I need to send payment.
  14. Seth S

Oddometer:
    Run as much light as you can...put a light or two on your helmet. No one has ever complained about too much light. We run 4 hella 4000's on the car and want more. Remember that the lights you find great at 35mph will leave you wanting at 70
  15. SquadraCorse

Oddometer:
    This is what I have now, Rigid Duallies. One is a spot pattern and one is a fog. I think I'm going to have to swap the fog for another spot, as the beam pattern is too narrow at a long distance. I'll angle the buell headlight down more and have that light up the immediate area. Forgive the wiring, just setup to test it out. My new HDB perch switch should be here today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. pjm204

pjm204 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I intended to do Rally WV last year on the 650 ninja I had dual sported. But things took a turn for the worse and I destroyed my right arm. 1 year later and I am pretty much back to normal. Would I be crazy to try this on a wr250r? The ninja and xrr are long gone.
  17. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    I think the wr250r would be a great rallymoto bike. Its an endurance race and thats about as reliable as it gets. And youve got plenty of stator to support extra lights.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  18. Hypermofo

Oddometer:

I'm feeling light envy... maybe i should just get a RMS kit :evil

Time to do some light shopping...
  19. pjm204

pjm204 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will strongly consider it. My previous light setup was superb. 8" Bans Designs and rigid duallys.
  20. Entrepre-neer

Oddometer:
    I finally got some real seat time on the new rally scrambler on Sunday. Did a 290 mile loop with about 70-80 miles of gravel roads.

I probably won't be as fast as on the 450 but man this thing is fun to ride!

<IFRAME height=480 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nhz1uSPIbyU?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>