Riverina riders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by tripodtiger, Feb 6, 2009.

1. fayeslane

fayeslane Rankest of amateurs

Oddometer:
    Draggin' those Blundstones again I bet :thumb :clap
  2. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    How was that for you Ray? You do know that he won't write or call........................:eyes
  3. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    Faye dear ..is your offer still current ??...had a test ride today...( not a new one )....I was underwhelmed....but...no vibes , enough power for me, much lighter feel than my orange..

the 5 knot NW made was blowing me all over the road...noisy staintune a pain in the rse...each time I switched of the indicators I hit the horn button...wanted to stall at the lights...seat was crap. all cramped up and got a back ache.....no leg room ...I need to try the bar risers and lower pegs before I write the idea off...:cry....
  4. fayeslane

Oddometer:

It's there whenever it suits you for as long as you like. Heading to Tumut on the 3rd on it and back home via a million twisty roads on the 4th. :clap PMed you my number.
  5. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info...huge list of accessories...my pick would be the coffee mug...:puke1
  6. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Hope you ratbags have a 2013 full of bikes and rides and the health to enjoy them :ricky:thumb
  7. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:
    Happy new year to you too KEEEf ....and all the ROAR ladies...next ride up the back of the dart somewhere.....awright...:deal
  8. Detlef in Oz

Detlef in Oz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Happy New Year from Darwin :freaky
  9. trokel

trokel Vinduro - Old dirtbikes are more fun

Oddometer:
    Sounds OK to me.
    Hope to get up there in the boat soon. Have been very busy on the project boat with the few days I had off so it won't be long now.:clap

also HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE :freaky
  10. tripodtiger

tripodtiger Off riding around on bitumen circles.

Oddometer:
    looking for a smaller house & bigger shed.
    Just back from Adelaide. Spent new years with Mr & Mrs H, annoying Leigh whilst he tinkered some more on 'Trek II'.

Happy New year everyone. Hope to spend some time putting in some miles with all of you, at some point or other.

To that end.....

Australia Day weekend - Numeralla Folk Festival :ear

Easter - Honda Broadford Bike Bonanza - Broadford. I've already paid.

July - 24 Hr Reliability Trial. Should be 21st & 22nd.

September school hols - 2 weeks (+?) NSW tour. Plan is that this will be Leigh's first proper tour on Trek II, with the first objective being the Sidecar Rally - Bridle Track on the first weekend of the hols. Then heading east & south on as many unsealed roads through to Omeo & Dargo as we can find. Including the 'stone garden' or whatever it's called north west of Sinny.

Straight in to the serious stuff

who's on for the Numeralla ride again?:ear:ear:ear

Not holding him to anything, but Donks has suggested that he may guide some rides on the Saturday/Sunday, like last year.

Do I waste my time by starting another thread, like the coast ride which attracted no one? (hey, maybe it was the way I typed it.:lol3?) (okay, there is no 'maybe' about it.)
  11. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    I actually forgot he was there.

:lol3
  12. tripodtiger

Oddometer:

Not at all mate.

TDMs have been known as Tediums since they were released. I thought it was a universal response for anyone who spoke English. I seriously think it put people off them.

Of course, it may have been the weird styling, or the price comparison.

Give us an XTZ900, I say. With the TRX engine, apparently that's the one.

Give us another TRX whilst they are at it.
  13. tripodtiger

Oddometer:
    It's all good, mate.
    I've got another camera - Sony this time. I have to work out how to use it. First thing I've discovered is that the auto-off is set at 10 seconds. which is not long enough to get in into the case, let alone have it mounted anywhere. I bought it knowing that it's a turn on / leave running set up. That gives me the option of turning one on & off or, mixing stills & videos or, two simultaneous different angles etc. I'd like to get a separate audio recorder too - mic close to the exhaust sort of thing. One for 'ron.

One thing to remember about these videos is that they have some meaning to the people in them, or on the ride, or whom have some connection to the participants. Not very entertaining to others. That's fine with me.

Maybe I'm just making a catalogue of every rider's road in the country? Yes, one can work out speeds without needing the speedo visible.
  14. MarkWAau

MarkWAau I like roast chicken

Oddometer:
    Yes at this stage...
  15. fayeslane

Oddometer:
    Hey Trichromatic (look it up Unc :D) how's your shoulder going?

Just back from a from a 700km ride - up through Jindabyne nearly to Adaminaby, met some mates coming from Tumut, came back down through Corryong. The others are heading to Anglers Rest tonight, I came home via Granya. I discovered today that my DR has heated grips, heated seat, heated screen, in fact heated bloody everything :lol3 Might head up Hotham tomorrow and meet them as they head back (if I get the feeling back in my arse by then :eek1)

Saw what looked suspiciously like a Bergdonk near the Buckenderra Road turn off ????
  16. fayeslane

Oddometer:
  17. UncleGra

UncleGra Road Grime

Oddometer:

[​IMG]
  18. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Not I, been playing in the shed in between resting my still dodgy knee fine tuning and servicing my mighty DR. The recent story starts here at #371 FWIW:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646076&page=25

GP tomorrow and surgeon on Monday are booked in. I hope to get a ride in on Sat, the first since Mimosa with you bolkes, but dunno, gotta work through the pain barrier.

As far as FF weekend is concerned, I'm hoping to ride then too. I'll know more as it gets closer. If I can't, I can still give you maps, or something.......
  19. trokel

Oddometer:
    After the Mimosa ride I was keen to take the XJ up there for a spin :evil

:cry But Unfortunately I will be on call that weekend. So I am out
  20. trokel

Oddometer:
    This one interests me.
    Was thinking of taking some time off about then. Will have to look into it further to see if I can make it.