SW Motech Panniers for Tenere 660

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by samueleuk, Nov 30, 2012.

1. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    Hi guys

does anybody have any experience with the SW Motech Trax Evo Panniers with quick lock removable pannier racks?

Are the panniers and racks strong enough for off-road use? I like the look and the ability to detach the racks when I dont need them, but I am a bit concerned about robustness.

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

Sam
  2. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    While some N. Americans want the Tenere, we don't get them here, so responses may be limited. Perhaps you should also post this in the Regional Forum?
  3. jon_l

jon_l Long timer

Oddometer:
    While some N. Americans want the Tenere, we don't get them here, so responses may be limited. Perhaps you should also post this in the Regional Forum?
  4. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    thanks
  5. hebbo

hebbo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi samueleuk,

did you finally got these panniers? If so, do you like them?

Cheers!
  6. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    Hi Hebbo

I bought the SW Motech removable pannier racks but in the end I opted for soft panniers (Wolfman). The pannier racks are there only to stabilize the soft panniers and keep them away from the exhausts.

However, I have recently completed a London to Beijing Expedition and one of the fellow riders had Trax Panniers. In the tough conditions we were riding, they did not last long. In fact, he finished the trip without any pannier :-)

The Trax look great and they are well made. For road trips I am sure they would be OK. However, if you are planning some off-road riding (i.e. if you are planning to fall off a lot!), then I suggest Metal Mule or Soft Luggage.

Cheers

Sam
  7. hebbo

hebbo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Sam,

Thanks for your comments. I will have as look to these Wolfman panniers.

Is there any blog where I can check out your trip to Beijing?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
  8. samueleuk

samueleuk Sam

Oddometer:
    I have a blog but it is on the scientific aspects of the expedition as I was doing a research on the physiological and psychological demands of adventure motorcycling. Here is the address:

http://adventure-motorcycling.blogspot.it/

For more information about the actual trip, I suggest you visit the Globebuster website and the blog kept by my roommate. It is very good. Read the post about the Tajikistan border.... it is tragicomic :D Here is the address:

http://mezzomilione.blogspot.it/

I am sure you will enjoy reading it

Cheers

Sam