XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    I`ll pm you tonight..:wink:

B
  2. Hazman27

Hazman27 The Haz

Oddometer:
    Thanks to all who jumped in on the CDI request. Thinking I'm gonna jump the wires first on the switch, then order a new CDI, rebuild the old and throw it in my tool kit for the dreaded on trail repair. Thanks again to all!
  3. ADVCoop

ADVCoop Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haha. You know at 5'10" I never felt tall, but I never felt short either. Until I bought a WR250R last year and was on tippy toes. I put a Seat Concepts low seat and that was great. Then I bought this bike and it is even taller. I have to finally admit, I'm short, :D .
  4. ADVCoop

ADVCoop Long timer

Oddometer:
    I read your post about it searching this thread for lowering links and that is how I ended up buying one.
  5. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey techforlife, how much horsepower is your engine making? What are the specs on that cam and what did you get out of it, more midrange and top end ? Loose much bottom end? Whats the minimum octane fuel you can run? Does your starter turn that much compression over good? How many miles you got on it since it was built ? Looking at your motor mods, that thing ought to run like a scalded ape ! will it pull the front end up with fourth gear roll ons? :dunnoAnything you would of done different? Hope you don't mind so many questions.
  6. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ricky carmical is short and Ryan villipolo is not tall !:ricky
  7. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    Holy smokes:lol3

No idea on horsepower.......more than stock...less than 1000:wink:

The cam i got from CW it is a HRC clone grind..more bottom end,,still trying to get top end back..

I have to run toluene in my fuel or it detonates..if you can get higher than 91 octane you would be fine..

She`ll pull easily at low speeds...but into third you have to try harder:lol3

I would not go any higher than 10.5-1 and probably put an FCR on it..

The second gear mod and fifth gear mod are a must have...you can run 14/48 or lower gearing and still fly down the highway...tons of bottom end,,,finding traction is my problem now.

I`m working on getting more midrange and top end.......this cam gives me too much low end for what i want....i have a plan on this....

B
  8. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a bitch being tall. You are never comfortable in a sports car. It's tough to buy clothes that fit right. And the chicks are always checking out your package! It's ain't easey being tall!!!
  9. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    :lol3 short wouldn`t be fun either....i`m 6 feet and still have a hard time on these bikes......but,you want 11 inchs+ suspension,,you gotta suck it up:lol3

B
  10. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holly smokes ! Lmao!!! Yea i was wandering how you was going to take that haha. Thanks for the info. Soon as i get my money right im going to rebuild the engin on my 07 that i bought used with 40000 hard miles on it. Going to set it up as an adv bike. My 08 that i bought new im keeping it light and in dirt bike form. Going to make it pull pretty hard since i don't get too far off on it. If you do it just right you can do a third gear roll on wheelie with it.15-48 gearing. Have you opened up your airbox or helped the air get to it ?
    Im still laughing at that, Holly smokes !:rofl
  11. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    O fritz, you keep this place upbeat and interesting. Always can count on you to throw a positive angle on things, even when in a negative way ! Im short and have small feet. I don't catch too many women checking out my package !:1drink
  12. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    I have another new FMF exhaust here,,and cera coated header coming,i`m going to open the air box more..and re jet..

B
  13. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:

Thank you so much for the offer.

But I know it's the kill switch. The other day I ran up to Wally World and on the way back I left the light, 1st, 2nd 3rd, 4th, half way up the on ramp, dead engine. Since I have the reflexes of a wild Puma, without even releasiong the throttle I cycled the kill switch and she EXPLODED back to life. I think I blew out my fresh muffler re-pack in that one shot.
  14. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I haven't been in the motor yet but have my bike running pretty hard for a stock motor. I'v took a lot of weight off it as well. I run the xrs only header and pipe and have polished the exhaust side of my head, as far as my finger could reach with sandpaper, haha. With the exhaust opened up these bikes need more air. Was drinking beer one day, messing with my bike, and was putting the seat on and realized how close it sat on the air box. Thought damn, can't much air get to it. Trimmed down the part of air box thats raised. Went up couple sizes on main and needle. Big results. Thought damn, so i started giving more air then more fuel as i went. Ran better and better each time. I'v went as far as i can go. Im running the factory pro jet kit with needle shimmed 15 thousands between 4th and fith position and 190 main.
  15. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wild puma huh ? Lmao!! :rofl Fritz, one day i want to ride down there and drink couple beers with you, couldn't be nothing but fun !:freaky
  16. ONandOFF

ONandOFF more off than on

Oddometer:
    What kind of figures are you getting for gas mileage?
  17. Ray Paul

Ray Paul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Between 35 and 45 depending how hard im running it. If im late for work about 35. If i leave early about 45
  18. GPrairie_Rider

GPrairie_Rider Dirt Junkie

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

Need a little help. My XR came with a Cycle Racks rear luggage rack. The Dims on it is 12"x18". What soft luggage bag can i use?? The PO had a Nelson-Rigg something or another bag on it, but it was worn completley out and it looks weird with no bag on it. Thoughts???????? :D

Chris
  19. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    Mine did that too......cycling the kill switch seemed to wake up the CDI...repaired the CDI and it was fixed..

B
  20. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:
    190:eek1 Please post top speed.