Pre-Event/lead up Dakar 2014 thread (moto & quad)!!!!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by fimp, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattomoto

mattomoto 2 wheels rule

Oddometer:
    Is that RPM cylinder there a camera?
  2. 640 Armageddon

640 Armageddon Xplorer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Question: Do water carriers have to be declared before the race? I mean, I though Viladoms would be the watercarrier for Coma. Now they say they will race their own race. Is that to mix up the competitors? If you know that somebody is somebody else's watercarrier (that is a weird sentence...) then you can at least predict that the water carrier will stay a little bit behind the leader. Otherwise you are in the dark....
  3. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
  4. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:

I have a feeling its simply intra-team strategy who is who. Certainly the team members know which is which, but I couldnt believe its required to inform anyone what the pecking order of a particular team is.

I think they dont necessarily know what their own order is, having had it so unfortunately shaken up so recently. Thats why Coma says they'll run a few days, and see how it shakes down.

Its certainly kind of interesting though, that if a front runner has a bad wheel, the guy a few lengths back need not necessarily stop.

I think its interesting that for maybe the first time in a long time, KTM dont already know whats going to happen :D
  5. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    $ sent. Thanks for your work.
  6. misc

misc Dakar Tracker

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot for your support! And of course everybody else who did or will do. I should really go to bed now! My Dakar started a few days ago already and I really need some rest now ;)
  7. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    € sent.

Keep up the good work man :clap

Caption ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The answer is

Only those running with red blood. :lol3

As a matter of fact the regulations do say this:

11P 5) The name of the Rider and his blood type must feature on the right and left sides of the front of the Machine fairing, on the left and right sides of the helmet, on pain of being refused a start.

So that's two F5 penalties before the start, and a bonus point for Brimstone!! :rofl You may avoid the F5 penlty by paying an admission of guilt donation to misca. :deal [​IMG]

Seriously, no need but I'm sure he wouldn't mind !

MISC thank you so very much for your tracker!!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :freaky
  9. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:

I said ''I think'' :huh

dammit! :D , I paid my contribution to misc, indeed the load on the server will be googlious this year :deal

In return I will also post the 2014 teaser

<IFRAME height=270 src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x19159n" frameBorder=0 width=480></IFRAME>
    OFFICIAL TEASER DAKAR 2014 &#945;&#960;&#972; Dakar
  10. NoExit

NoExit NoProblem

Oddometer:
    I don't believe it. KTM's made it pretty clear in all the pre-event press releases that Coma and Chaleco are the leaders, and Faria and and Jordi are water carriers.

From a Jan. 1 press release: "Jordi Villadoms, a late entry to the team, will be Coma’s support rider." And: "KTM Team Manager Alex Doringer says that while going for the overall Dakar win is a given, when competitors cross the finish line in Valparaiso, he would like to see Lopez on the podium in front of his home crowd."

Though it does sound like Jordi's chafing at the water carrier role already.

I've always wondered why the excellent Faria doesn't demand a lead spot, or move to a team where he'll be top dog.
  11. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Prelimanary Qualifying results:

<table class="tborder" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" width="100%">User Name</td> <td class="thead">Oddometer</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1"> Bluebull2007 </td> <td class="alt1">155</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> troy safari carpente </td> <td class="alt2">132</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> Myway </td> <td class="alt1">131</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> too old </td> <td class="alt2">120</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> 640 Armageddon </td> <td class="alt1">111</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> beechum1 </td> <td class="alt2">88</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> Deadly99 </td> <td class="alt1">61</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> Carlos M </td> <td class="alt2">39</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> rmhrc628 </td> <td class="alt1">38</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> Balkan Boy </td> <td class="alt2">35</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> tserts </td> <td class="alt1">35</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> Dread Pendragon </td> <td class="alt2">29</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> wilkinsonk </td> <td class="alt1">28</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt2"> Aussie66 </td> <td class="alt2">28</td> </tr><tr> <td class="alt1"> Flood </td> <td class="alt1">26</td></tr></tbody></table>
  12. nry

nry .

Oddometer:
    Did anyone get a screen shot of #165 Allan Roberts going over the podium ?
  13. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I always had the impression that Faria was free to ride as fast and free as he likes, so long as he does well, and the Viladoms had been relegated to help Coma specifically. I have not seen anywhere apart from your quote that Chaleco would be up front.

Chalco has always been a free spirit himself so I reckon that Faria will give it horns. We shall see soon enough.
  14. Stagehand

Oddometer:
    I'll take the penalty! I didnt know it was required, but I still put mine on there. I am a SLAve to fashion, after all :D
  15. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just joking brother :thumb

We could probably overlook it all after your exceptional performance in the ozzie safari. ;D
  16. Stagehand

Oddometer:
    I was only allowed to carry that number plate for calendar year 2013. Slates wiped clean as of four days ago :lol
  17. 640 Armageddon

Oddometer:
    Have to go and get some sleep people... F5 hours left....

See you in a bit then :D
  18. NoExit

NoExit NoProblem

Oddometer:
    I guess we'll find out when we see who stops a few kilometres into a stage with an unexplained problem that resolves as soon as their teammate catches up. :rofl
  19. Stagehand

Oddometer:
    Brett Cummings #59: Via FB

Hey all. This will be my last post until I manage to hack into someone's wifi in the bivouac. Today was filled with lots of excitement and I think we are all overwhelmed with the hype of the event and the spectators. The Argentinians are crazy about this race! Roadbooks are marked, 3am rise for an early start. First bike at 4:30. Last bit of comfort in my hotel bed for the next 2 weeks.

A huge big thanks to Trevor from Strocam Mining for making this possible. Thanks to Barry and Ray Ogilvie from Wewa for their contribution, A big thanks to all my other sponsors for all the help. Without these guys, it would never be possible.
    Lets get this show on the road.
  20. ArthDuro

ArthDuro quarantined

Oddometer:

And is this called "holding hands with the Orga" ???
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.