Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. His Pistolship

His Pistolship Kp calm, shoot alfas

Oddometer:

$700 ?! Gees man. I would love that tank but not for that price. Wow. Thanks Huzar.
  2. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Don't ferget he got's a Rekluse in there too. Bastard!:deal

I think Huzar's still got a regular clutch, but only because he has been traveling around Europe so much and hasn't had the time to add the only farkle that bike ain't got yet.

Man, I really gotta get me a more betterer job.:cry
  3. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey Marcin, (or anyone) can you see the fuel level in the White Safari like you can in natural?
  4. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    Wouldn't know -- mine's red.

In other news, looks like shipping the TE610 over to South America for two months is still an option, so I'm going to have to hold off on the Rekluse for now. I got a quote for $1900 from Vancouver to Lima, air freight, one way.

I did order a set of the Indy Unlimited clutch spring cups, and I think I'll have time for Tasky's to do some work on the bike before I crate her. I'll bring a spare water temp sensor and a spare set of wheel bearings. If Tasky's doesn't get around to doing the timing chain and chain follower rollers, I'll bring them with me and do them in SA. Plus a couple of spare, extended clutch cables.
  5. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    Wait, you're employed these days? :clap

Last I'd heard, you and West Marine had parted ways...
  6. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:

Sorta kinda, I took a leave. Now I'm back, but Thinking real hard about Baja :)

Where are you gonna get your clutch pressed back together? I have those cups I need to install too. Does the Rekluse use the stock basket? Mine's lurching again so I think I've probably trashed a second one.
  7. huzar

huzar Pastor of Muppets

Oddometer:
    If my girlfriend weren't in South America on her bike right now, I too would be looking at a month in Baja :deal

Looking at the writeup on cafehusky that StolenFant posted, looks like the Rekluse is using the stock clutch basket.

I'd love to get the easy clutch pull of the Rekluse, but for now larryboy thinks if I replace the clutch spring cups plus the clutch bushing, it will make the clutch pull more manageable.
  8. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. StolenFant

StolenFant Life is good on this side of the grass Supporter

Oddometer:
    ADV's Indy Unlimited, Dan, did mine, fast, very reasonable. He makes the washers too if you don't have the harder ones. He also said Barnett cable had the least friction, but nothing else lightens the feel. Admittedly all I ever tried was three cups, and didn't notice any improvement in feel.
  10. xymotic

xymotic Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks I'll probably just send the cups back to him and have him do it. I haven;t ridden in like two months, If I had half a brain I woulda already done it :)
  11. HuskyDan3

HuskyDan3 n00b

Oddometer:
    :cry Hello Everyone --- I'm new to this even though I have been reviewing and checking out all the good information you have to offer for all of us cool 2006' Husky TE610 owners. Well I am starting off with a dilemma. Not trying to be a drama person but have a beautiful bike with a fresh motor: rings, upper gaskets, timing chain, tensioner. Pretty much a new clean sealer upper end, well riding it back in late September a San Diego Cop pulled me over at night with no tail light plus out of date registration of one month. (Police Suck) They impounded the bike which I had to get registration and sticker. The impound was a huge joke of an amount $1450, well I didn't have that kind of money so had the shop that sold me the bike float me the money to get it out with the order that I pay them back in two months. The two month is up and I paid them $300 but still owe $1150 to recover the bike. In order to make this arrangement they wanted the title and sign an agreement that if I didn't pay by said date they would keep it. Well December 25th is the date and I can't come up with all the cash. It sickens me that the very shop that sold me the bike and all the add-ons will possibly be getting it back for pennies on the dollar and it is in perfect condition. Well does anyone out there have a heart for a fellow rider in need. I have been on a streak of back luck with employment and collecting money I have due to me. Hopefully someone can help me out till I get the $$ together and don't lose my pride and joy. Please get back to me for December 25th is next week and I'm getting pretty damn nervous. Contact information for me is dantnicholas@gmail.com or 619.846.0870. I try to post a picture. Thank you everyone.......:cry
  12. motopreserve

motopreserve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    wow
  13. tlking6

tlking6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Interesting first post,,,,,

What Shop are you dealing with?
  14. Indy Unlimited

Indy Unlimited Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone need the heat treated thicker clutch cups PM me.
    I also do the service on the outer clutch hub to install and re-rivet with a quick turn around if needed.
    At around 10,000 miles every Husky on the planet needs to replace these. I stock 1,000s and ship worldwide.

[​IMG]

These have held up for over 40,000 miles in a few bikes and the guys are ordering another set when they replace the outer clutch basket due to grooved fingers.

[​IMG]
  15. drrags

drrags Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer:
    I don't need them today, but I will soon. Thanks for the reminder. I was just thinking of how I was going to find the original thread and here you are!. :deal
  16. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Sorry to be the guy to say it, but it's a bit fishy that your 1st post is so sorry/sad looking for $$ just before Xmas when good people on here are in the giving spirit. If this is all true, them I'll be the 1st to say sorry and send you a $20 bill, but I will need a lot of proof! Happy holidays! Hope it gets better!
  17. drrags

drrags Dorkus Malorkus

Oddometer:
    I agree with you. Typical panhandler story - complex and way too much detail. Sorry if I seem crass, but I've seen this too many times.
  18. singletrak

singletrak Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yeap, I agree
  19. motopreserve

motopreserve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Honestly, I thought the most interesting thing (after the fact that it was a first post) is that there was fault found with the cop (who loves 'em when you are getting pulled over - but no tail light AND out of date reg equals quotas AND safety), and seemingly he has issue with the shop that required that the money be repaid, which seems to be agreed to by the OP, or that they get the bike if the guy goes deadbeat. I am shocked that a shop was cool enough to get the bike out of impound to begin with!

Move to Brooklyn, they would have laughed when you asked them to get the bike out of lock-up, and broken your knee caps for asking.

hmmmm. Trying to see where the charity case is here....
  20. 1 lunger

1 lunger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Stay tuned for some cool videos of me atop my mighty 610! My wife just got me these for my B-day [​IMG]