Lean Angle Jeans - Finally protective jeans I would wear!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Domiken, Apr 29, 2013.

1. mattsz

mattsz moto-gurdyist

Oddometer:
    Perfect. I think what I was calling "velcro hooks", you call the "harder scratchy velcro"...
  2. thistle66

thistle66 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They look the business.

Any chance of black?
  3. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    How do the hip pads affect the sizing? The jeans I'm wearing today have plenty of room in the knees for armor, but with my wallet and phone in the pockets they definitely become tighter.

Is the hip armor just as easily removed as the knee armor?

**itchy trigger finger**
  4. trapperj

trapperj Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Plus 1... Really would like a dark/ black option
  5. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks. We will introduce more options soon, tasteful options of course.

The hip pads do not affect sizing, the denim has a slight stretch factor thanks to the 2% spandex, so the fabric relieves the pressures of the pads perfectly. The hip armor thickness is the same as my iPhone 5 in its case, but very flexible and breathable.

Yes, the hip armor is easily removed. The pocket is held by a stitch on the bottom so it does not move, and the pocket has a flap style system so the velcro does not rub up against your skin.

This is great to know, we will offer black in the near future. The good thing about our company is that we are riders, and we will continue to listen, adapt, and enhance our protective jeans with the feedback of fellow riders.
  6. Usk Coastie

Usk Coastie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Too bad you don't make them for short FF's like me a 54 waist x 28 inseam. Finally found some from the UK in that size but keep in mind that not everyone is in the "standard" size ranges.
    I applaud your efforts and wish you every success.
  7. DazRSV

DazRSV Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What kind of riding / crash testing have you done in your 1 yr old pair of jeans, can we see a pic of the ones you've worn for a year pls?.
    What kind of care/washing instructions are required?
    what would postage to Oz cost us?
    Cheers
    daz
  8. HeatXfer

HeatXfer Bad knees

Oddometer:
    You've done your homework: looks to be well thoughtout. Is there a cargo pant style in the future?
  9. Y E T I

Y E T I Unpossible

Oddometer:
    Dude, cargo pants are so 2004.

:hide
  10. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:

Wow. Impressive. Don't listen to the whiners about the price. These are a steal at your asking. $75 MSRP in Armor alone. Good luck with your venture.:clap
  11. HeatXfer

HeatXfer Bad knees

Oddometer:
    Good! Cause I'm feelin' 1978! :gerg
  12. HeatXfer

HeatXfer Bad knees

Oddometer:
    Good! Cause I'm feeling 1978! :gerg
  13. trapperj

trapperj Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I got a pair on the way...I'll review them after a ride or two. Hopefully I won't test them out completely! :eek1
  14. obnoxious2

obnoxious2 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested in hearing your review! How do the armor in the jeans stay in place if one were to crash? Not to be a negative nancy but one of the reasons people wear the knee armor straps directly on the knee (though quite uncomfortable after awhile) is that if they fell the armor wouldn't move or shift.
  15. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    These look awesome. Adding to my wish list. If only I had unlimited funds :rofl

You should get in touch with the folks over at webbikeworld.com and have them do a review for you. Assuming they like 'em, it'll be some pretty good press for ya.
  16. Sckill

Sckill Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome job Domiken. These definitely look promising. Any future plans to offer these in shorter inseam sizes like 30" for vertically challenged individuals like myself?
  17. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Completely understand, in the near future, we will be offering custom orders. I have a friend who is almost 7 feet tall and it's very hard for him to find riding gear. After seeing the trouble he goes through I want to make sure consumers have options, but for now we have to launch with standard sizes.
  18. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Last year I rode with them everywhere, in the north east (local streets and mountains in the area) and occasionally in the flat state of Florida. I wore them for more than just riding, they became my favorite pair of jeans (very comfortable).

I wanted to be able to ride to a local restaurant, lock my helmet to the bike, walk in holding my leather riding jacket, set it aside and blend in with the rest of the crowd. No one suspected I came on a motorcycle. No weird stitching, no fancy logos, no baggy look, no weird pockets, no extreme washes, and with the armor in place you still don't look like a famous tire mascot.

Before sending the jeans for real testing to Germany, my father and I performed our own testing. The typical creative testing you see online. We filled the jeans with sand and dragged them behind our truck, we threw them in the air from a moving vehicle, we hit them with a belt sander, etc... We also have a friend that works for an American defense company do his own testing, and we were happy with the results. But we wanted a third party testing facility with no affiliation prove what we creatively tested ourselves, and that's what we did. The second the EU body approves us for the mark we will let you all know, but with 100% certainty, we passed the impact, abrasion, and burst tests with favorable results.

Washing instructions are on the care label:
    Machine wash cold with like colors, tumble dry low, warm iron if needed, do not dry clean, do not bleach.

PM me for postage.

Ill post up a picture this evening of the year old riding pants.
  19. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks, glad to hear your feedback. We are currently solely focused with protective jeans at the moment. As we grow, we will be expanding the line.

Thank You!

We cannot wait to hear your feedback :ear

Very simple. I myself wore knee/shin guards under my regular jeans when I went on casual rides, it was hot, uncomfortable, and the straps hurt after a few hours. The armor was also made of hard plastic, and I would look funny walking with it while off the motorcycle. It was some type of protection even though I had no abrasion protection.

We took a close examination at our competitors, our own protective riding pants, overpants etc.. we tested a few different options and we finally came up with our knee armor pocket carefully. Our knee armor pocket is made for the Forcefield armor. The armor clamps on to the velcro tightly to prevent vertical movement, and the pocket is just wide enough so there is no horizontal movement. The main problem we witnessed through research on knee armor placement, is that it moves within the pocket and the odd shapes do not help. It also does not sit correctly on the knee when you are sitting compared to when you are standing. The Forcefield armor is flat, and molds to your body as you move. So taking that into consideration, along with the straight leg fit of the jeans (no looseness or tightness) and you have a solid placement of the armor that will not move.
  20. Domiken

Domiken Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback, makes us happy.

We will be contacting them soon so they could do a review for us.

Thank You. Yes, we will offer them in a 30" inseam in the near future.