2013 ama supercross

Discussion in 'Racing' started by ADK, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Look at Dean Wilson's issues this year. Had a 450....didn't have a 450. Still eligible for lites, so he does that to keep current and viable for sponsors. If he hadn't been eligible, then what? Buy a stocker and try to make the main?

Not quite as bad as in motogp, but it does boil down to few competitive rides available.
  2. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:

This is the same way RC got his 125 record...!!!...
    Someone pulling over..!!!!!!!
  3. shocker4her

shocker4her When I am King

Oddometer:
  4. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    Barnett titled on 125's outdoors 1980/81/82 and the 1981 250 SX title and still has a respectable status.

If Barcia ends up with nothing but 2 Lites titles his career will be one of underachievement. Barcia had the potential to have a run on 250's that might have been quite substantial. The way the 250's are viewed in SX bleeds over to the outdoors as well. It's all about the 450's. The 250's become a cherry picking smorgasbord for those lucky/good enough to get one of the fast bikes. It's all out of whack and it needs to be fixed. Gordy was right I thought only Musquin was a world champ Roczen is too. We've got world champs riding the hot bikes against "local" kids with an aftermarket pipe and a prayer. Tomac is the perfect example of why the system is totally unbalanced possibly to the systems own harm. He shouldn't be allowed to ride the 450's.
  5. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So what about Dungey last year? He was out for a quite a few races when he broke his collar bone or whatever in a practice crash. He comes back and podiums the last few races and wins Las Vegas. I'd say he effected the final points for a few guys a little. Title was already decided though. :D
  6. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    $$$$$ wins races. It always has since the dawn of time. :nod
  7. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    Having someone who was in the series and then goes out with injury and then returns is not an unreasonable scenario.

Promoting a two platform (3 really) series with 2 minor and one major platform to run simultaneously and then letting a rider switch from one minor platform to the major almost halfway through because his platform is taking a prolonged intermission is unreasonable given he has no chance to win the major platform and can have a significant impact on the standings of the riders who are in the major platform he is infiltrating.
  8. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If the top tier riders get their championship hopes derailed because they can't beat a kid from the 250's, then maybe they don't deserve the championship. To be the best, you have to beat the best.
  9. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    if a "kid from the 250's" can beat the top tier riders maybe he shouldn't be in the series that the promoting/governing body treats as the minor leagues.
  10. Lappeman

Lappeman He's Down Again!

Oddometer:

We've been on this topic for days :baldy I don't think anyone is listing anymore :snore Tomac's racing, doesn't matter what you say...time to move onto Atlanta!

Looking for a good race tomorrow! Villipoto's gotta get his shit together and podium tomorrow or his bid for the title will be in a hole. Milsaps will podium again and I'm hoping for dungey to be there also but I don't think he'll have a good night. Stewart will be back with a vengance and Reed has to make something happen. So what does this all mean for saturday...one hell of a race :clap

450's
    Villipoto
    Stewart
    Milsaps
    Tomac
    Dungey

250's
    Musquin
    Wilson
    Wharton
  11. SigPig

SigPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You sir, are too much.
  12. PTRadam

PTRadam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I remember Jeremy Mcgrath and Brian Swink riding Peak Antifreze/Pro Circuit 250's on the opposite coast in like 1990 when they were on 125's. This has been going on for 20+ years. Just something to talk about until the next race.
  13. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:
    Kyle Chisholm will fill in for Josh Grant at JGRMX.
    I'm sure "Coach" is real happy to have him and he is looking forward to running some "one off" parts.
    Great news!!

Good thing they didn't put a West Lights rider in there.
  14. ct-ktm

ct-ktm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wonder why guys like Wilson don't try the west coast 450's.??.
    Probably the $$$
  15. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    A lot of you guys are off the rails here.
    If a guy gets injured and then comes back to race?? Really???? :loco

What I think Flug is saying is, he doesn't want the "series" to be f@$ked up by someone.....anyone......coming into the series and taking one of the top guys out. It's a series championship and maybe it should be pure and maybe not. I have been in State Championship series type stuff and have had ringers come in and we raced them. They didn't do the whole series, so it didn't matter much, I guess. :dunno
    We have guys show up all the time in Trials that are not in our club and they can win the day, they just don't get season points. Lots of ways to do this.

I think everyone has their panties in a wad because it's Tomac. He is damn good and could easily be top three tomorrow night. :nod What if some flunky shows up, qualifies and takes RV out.....I mean....OUT. What then? Would you still think it is OK to let anyone ride in the premier series that can qualify? You can watch Danica Patrick to get your answer to that this weekend as well? :lol3
  16. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer:

and this has happened how many times?

A tornado could hit tomorrow and one of the display boats could hit RV and take him out.

I too have raced many championship series and had points taken and i've also taken some points.

Wah.
    :baby

Its racing for petes sake.
  17. mdubya

mdubya Right Brigade

Oddometer:
    None of the riders are crying about it. :rofl
  18. agmoto

agmoto Gôremā

Oddometer:
    The issue is that everyone complains about these "problems" with the current race series, but does NOTHING to help solve their problems.

Do you guys forget that guys used to race multiple series, of multiple disciplines of racing all in one weekend? (The guys that are more hardcore and more faster than anyone these days on their new fangled high strung expensive 4-stroke machines that the privateer can't afford.)

[​IMG]

Get over it. Go start your own series. Get your own sponsors. And heck, make it so a 250cc 2-stroke can race against a 250cc 4-stroke, and allow 700cc 2-stroke fire breathing monsters if you want. Make your own rules & enjoy your spectacle.

Until then.......
    [​IMG]

Let's enjoy more of the great racing we've already gotten to see this year.

Andrew
  19. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    :flip

That does it. I'm hoping Alessi takes out Milsaps and Villapoto in a ginormous pile-up and gives Dungey the crown.:lol3

...that is unless he is in it too. Canard deserves the top spot for the comeback of the year!!! Stay away from Alessi. :deal
  20. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Too late. That is the MonsterCross rules.