Arkansas Ride to Eat Restaurant Ratings

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by TRZ Charlie, Apr 23, 2010.

1. arraflipper

arraflipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great review, and heck that name should of been a real give away. Sounds like she has come up with a good eats place.
  2. Gabby1951

Gabby1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Surprise!!! :eek1

I discovered this website by accident and have thoroughly enjoyed reading hundreds of posts, so far. It's always good to be communicating with others who enjoy getting their knees in the breeze. :wink

I've been riding for 7 years. DB (the hubby) and I bought Honda Reflexes for each other for our 25th wedding anniversary...one of those wild hairs, yanno? If we'd known we'd have so much fun, we certainly wouldn't have waited so long...lol We graduated to Silver Wings and, after putting 38K miles on a 2003 model, I bought a new one is 2009. I've been a member of the Patriot Guard Riders since 2006 and am a USAF veteran.

Have a great day, y'all...keep outta the heat and hydrated if you're out in it!!
  3. ozarkrider

ozarkrider Discombobulated Sociopath

Oddometer:
    Good on you. I'm involved with Patriot Guard Riders here and am a USAF vet. We'll to arrange meet & eat sometime.
  4. Gabby1951

Gabby1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sounds great to me! :deal I tried to break my right foot a couple of month ago, and ended up with massively swollen foot that wouldn't fit into riding boot...but I'm ready to get back in the saddle. Was hoping the heat wave would end, but it looks like that's not going to happen any time soon...lol Yeah, I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to temps in excess of 100.
  5. arraflipper

arraflipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You aren't the only wuss, this heat makes for a long day, and shortened rides, Gabby.

I don't have riding boot, but wear a size 16 Buster Brown's so if the foot swells up let me know which shoe you need. When I was in high school rode with a full cast on my right leg. That is till my mother caught me. The bike's kick starter was stripped so I would let it roll down a hill to start the bike at home. Sounds like you have been around a little so can probably take it and give it right back so you should do fine on this place.
  6. Gabby1951

Gabby1951 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can't imagine riding with a full cast! When I was in high school, I had moved up from two-wheeled bike by Schwinn to four wheels...lol My next two-wheeled transportation wasn't until 2005. If I'd known how much fun it would be, I wouldn't have waited 40 years.

Yeah, I've been around the block a time or two...just not this particular block...lol I took some ribbing about my scoot, until the ribbers realized that I could keep up with the big boys. Now I'm just one of the guys, with a few mods. :D
  7. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    Food is fantastic! The ride to get there is also awesome. The little town of Low Gap is on 74 between Jasper and Ponca. This is a good thing because it means even another place to eat so we can avoid that dung hole the Ozark Cafe. :rofl

Their homemade soups are awesome! They have a pretty big menu with everything from Italian, steaks, seafood, and southern. I've had both the eggplant and chicken parm there and both were off the hook!
  8. The Toyman

The Toyman Handy not Handsome Supporter

Oddometer:
    Casa Agave. Kansas City,Kansas

Estofado Shrimp
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn!!!
  10. devrodirt

devrodirt devro

Oddometer:
    Blue Mountain Bakery was set up in Hankin's General Store in Sand Gap (Pelsor) for a couple years.
    Last year she moved to downtown Jasper.

You will find there some of the finest muffins in the WORLD!!!

They also smoke brisket and have a sandwich lunch menue.
    The sandwiches are GREAT too! Homemade bread!

For breakfeast ask her to make you a brisket and egg and cheese sandwich. You will NOT regret it.
    Wash it down with some juice and coffee and finish up with a muffin.
    OH DAWG!

http://www.facebook.com/BlueMountainBakeryDeli
  11. wfopete

wfopete Suffer Fools; Gladly! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Last I check they close on Saturday. Something about Seventh-day Adventist church.
  12. jgas

jgas Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer:
    Porters steak house in Perryville Ar. Slow service, small place, one block off the main drag, which is the ONLY drag. They don't have a sign, don't need one. Get enough business from locals. Not a biker hangout, nice linen tablecloths, candles, real and expensive antiques everywhere. Kinda weird for Perryville, the place is just too damn nice, but the steaks are huge and great.

The BBQ truck that parks next to Weiss Lumber Co. and the Farmers Co-Op is excellent. Not like you'd expect from a BBQ truck at all.

The Mexican place in Perryville is also fantastic. Can't remember the name, but it's the only one. It's on Main St. 1/2 block from the courthouse.

ANY PERRY COUNTY VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPT BFAST, LUNCH, OR DINNER! I ain't kidding folks. Perry Co. is a low income county. Lots of farming, ranching, logging, etc. Folks really support the Volunteer FDs and country folks can really cook. The wives of the firefighters usually go to church together, and church ladies fellowship ends at the kitchen door!. It's a serious competition to see who can make the best of everything. A donation is requested. Usually around 5.00 for breakfast, 7 for lunch, 10 for supper, per person. You will not beat the home cooking including desserts of all kinds. Check out the Cherry Hill Volunteer FD. The Cheif is an old friend and riding buddy of mine. People drive to little Cherry Hill Ar. from Hot Springs, Russelville, Danville, Plainview, China, Mars, Atlantis, even the Mariannas Trench. I heard Cyril Depres once rode straight from Dakar to Cherry Hill to get some homeade fried chicken and blackberry cobbler. Didn't even stop to get his trophy or prize money!
  13. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    When do they have the VFD meals?
  14. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    I've been riding by this place for awhile. When riding in Newton County, we usually eat a Ozark Cafe or Cliff House, saying, "we really ought to stop and try them sometime" as we ride by.

Well, yesterday we were discussing lunch destinations, and decided to make Low Gap Cafe the object of our lunch ride. Red called ahead to make sure they would be open. "Until 2pm", they said. We hopped on the trusty old Sport 1100 at about 11:30 and 68 miles, and about an hour later, we arrived at Low Gap.

They were having a buffet, and man! It was something! Steak & Mushrooms, fish, pasta salad, mashed potatoes, rice, bisquits. All good!

Talked to the owners for a bit after dinner. They mentioned they have music on Saturday Nights. The hillbilly kind, just like we like! We'll be going back soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Low-Gap-Cafe/331015646912397

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/75/1659932/restaurant/Arkansas/Low-Gap-Cafe-Jasper

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...191-Reviews-Low_Gap_Cafe-Jasper_Arkansas.html

:ricky
  15. mouthfulloflake

mouthfulloflake Not afraid

Oddometer:
    craving a california burrito today

Las Palmas, on 412 between Springdale and Tontitown.

on the menu " 2002 California Burrito"

its GOOD, and its 2 meals ( for most folks, I do eat alot, its tough to finish one of these) ..for $6.95 or so

[​IMG]
  16. bigdon

bigdon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another one for Hatfield,Ar.
    Simple Simon Pizza
    [​IMG]

The Pizza is Excellent but on Sunday they have a Buffet that's like Sunday Dinner at Grandma's House. Very Good!

[​IMG]

This Guy is the owner and said that He was the Cook. I dunno!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's a killer Peach Cobbler on top and some of the best Sweet Potatoes that I have ever had ,on the bottom!

[​IMG]

This place earned the Bigdon Seal of Approval!
  17. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    Surely those hockey pucks with a little cinnamon are not what you are referring to. Please, please. :wink:
  18. therockmantex

therockmantex Geezer

Oddometer:
    Any good places around Mena to eat? I am going to be at the Rich Mountain Rendevous rally this month at Queen Wilamenia state park.

Steve
  19. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    We ate at the Branding Iron twice when we did the Camp and Ride trip in July. It was good. All you can eat Steak and Shrimp on Sat night for $19.50 If I remember. And all you can eat Steak and Fish on Friday for less than that.
  20. mdawg12

mdawg12 Old and Slow

Oddometer:
    ^^^ Plus you can get beer and mixed drinks there since they have it set up as a private club (Dry County)