Trials Teacher Needed In Phoenix, Az

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Garthe, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    :bow :bow :bow :pope I'm trying to learn Trials riding. Can anyone refer me to a teacher of the sport around the Phoenix-State of Arizona area ?

Wax on, wax off...

Thanks for the help. Jim
  2. Just Plain Bill

Just Plain Bill Geezer

Oddometer:
    Jim,

Found this on www.trialsXchange.com :

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] Central Arizona Trials Motorcycle Club
    4827 E Indian School Road
    Phoenix , AZ 85018 USA
    Phone: (602) 840-3640
    Fax: (602) 808-9839
    Email: info@centralarizonatrials.org

When I did observed trials, we had trials schools where a noobie could learn the rudiments. Then they were pressed into service setting up the course for club events and officiating (called "checking") at those events to learn by, that's right observing. The sport is a great way to improve your general riding skills.

Or, you can read a book. Search Amazon for "observed trials", they have several titles, including one by Bernie Schreiber -- the most notable member of the club I rode with.

Bill
    [/FONT]
  3. Garthe

Garthe ROCKS ARE YOUR FRIENDS...

Oddometer:
    Hi Bill, thanks for the info. I've gone to a couple of CAT events to "Observe" and I agree with what you have to say.

Have a great day. Jim
  4. noshoes

noshoes soñando con México

Oddometer:
    Hi BR,
    I've got a couple hundred hours of trials on vidio tape, (includes 4 or 6 schools), that you can have for free. Also got a couple trials bikes that need some work that you can have for cheap. My knees gave out on me a few years back and I had to give up trials. I live out in Tonopah, but can drop the tapes off in Phx if you want them. I'm driving OTR right now, so can't always get to ADV to check mail...let me know if you want the tapes, I'll PM my cell.
    Neil
  5. Eurobiker

Eurobiker Vintage Cat Herder

Oddometer:
  6. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:
    Call Mike at Spitfire Auto (602.840.3640). He's active in Arizona Trials and sells trials bikes and Shercos. He's a good guy and will probably be able to answer your trials related questions.

I just realized that his shop number is the same as the CAT number so I guess he more than just active.

-dod
  7. rhino105

rhino105 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. hilslamer

hilslamer 2XRedheadedstepchild

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reference, rhino105.

I've got some considerable demand for this type of thing, anyone who's interested should PM me and I'll create a mailing list...we can't do a whole lot for a couple of months unless people are willing to drive a few hours each way to head up north.

Locations and times will only be disclosed via email.