Sachs MadAss 125cc

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by Nurburgringer, Jul 18, 2009.

1. africlawed

africlawed n00b

Oddometer:
    getting a black one saterday, cant wait:clap
  2. evilwerkz

evilwerkz Time to ride....

Oddometer:
    2007 50cc Madass....

upgraded to Zongshen 155z engine
    oil cooler
    shorter handlebars mounts
    no handlebars controls
    LED bulbs & tail light
    stretched swingarm
    BIGGER and better rear shock
    modified front shock springs and oil
    two brothers exhaust

yadda yadda yadda etc etc etc = LOTSA grins :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    I saw a Madass on the road Sunday.

1st time that I have ever seen one.

Pretty cool.:clap
  4. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's to bad the MadAss is not a 2 stroke. It would be a tuners dream. I think most 2 stroke scooter and moped builders would definitely go for it. The aftermarket could be huge.
  5. ihatemybike

ihatemybike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Based on my research from when I was thinking about getting one, the aftermarket for them is doing pretty good. Lots of mods available.
  6. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    Hey Everybody,

I'm trying to determine the value of a 2006 Sachs Madass with a 150cc (non-electric start) lifan conversion. The owner says there is 953 miles on the bike, and about 500 on the lifan. It looks to be in good shape with 2 year old tires.

I am trying to determine the value, because I am interested in trading something of mine for it. I value my item at $1500 and I want to make sure that I have an even trade, otherwise, I would need to ask for some money along with it.

Here's some pics.

He mentioned that he took the air filter off to replace because of a torn boot and he said the battery cover was off, but he has it.

[​IMG]P_20140916_163156_HDR

[​IMG]P_20140916_163223_HDR

[​IMG]P_20140916_163233_HDR (1)

[​IMG]P_20140916_163242_HDR

My biggest concern is that as is, in my state of Michigan, it's seen as a 50cc "moped" and only requires the sticker for a moped (50cc/auto trans/30mph limit). This now has a 150cc manual shift engine on it. So I'm nervous about the issue of having problems with riding it as a moped while shifting/going faster or trying to get a plate for it with no title, since it was originally a non-titled "moped".
  7. JerryH

Oddometer:
    I have a Chevy S10 that came with 165 Hp, and now has close to 400 Hp. Of course the insurance idiot doesn't know this, and it's none of his business. He goes by the VIN. The problem with that bike is that there is likely a ridiculously low speed limit for 50cc mopeds, and if you got caught going faster, you could get into a lot of trouble. It is the same way here with 50cc pedal mopeds. 30 mph top speed. I had a couple that could hit 60. 80cc Metrakit and a lot of other expensive parts. You just had to be careful where you went that fast. If that is an issue, it would probably have to be titled as special construction, which means a roadworthiness inspection, which it probably would not pass because the frame, brakes, wheels, etc. were designed for 50cc. That is one good reason to start out with a 125, as it already has to be registered as a motorcycle, so it doesn't matter how fast you make it.
  8. YamaGeek

YamaGeek Skeletor sparklemuffin.

Oddometer:
    So you couldn't post smaller images?..

No air-cleaner... originally a 50 cc bike, how does it qualify for a Moped designator if it had gears prior with the little engine? This is a motorcycle and should be licensed, and insured as one.
  9. JerryH

Oddometer:
    If it was a manual shift bike to begin with, then the VIN will show that. Just register and insure it as a 50cc motorcycle. No law against modifying. As long as the VIN on the frame matches the title everything is fine. There is a local chopper/bobber builder here who buys Japanese bikes and frames with titles. He cuts the steering head (where the VIN is) off, and welds it to his custom frame. He then uses the title to register it as whatever the steering head came off of. No inspections here. Perfectly legal.
  10. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  11. Birdmove

Birdmove Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wade Liu? Is he bringing in the 125 also?

12. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is Wade. I spoke with Alan yesterday. I did think of you, and shipping bikes to Hawaii, and for whatever reason, Alan told me that they have to air ship bikes to you which makes the cost prohibitive. Maybe they only use one shipper and have some sort of contract? Anyway, getting off topic--I don't think the Madass, at least in 50cc form, would be a good bike for you, unless you are riding around town like any other scooter.
  13. JerryH

Oddometer:
    If the 50cc Madass weren't so uncomfortable, I wouldn't mind having one. Even with a manual transmission it would be to slow to ride around town, but it would be great for 200-300 mile trips up into the mountains, riding on the shoulders of non interstate highways. It would spend a lot of those miles in first gear, barely moving along, so it would be a long trip.
  14. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Personally, I would prefer, and wait for, a 125cc version, although those 140cc Lifan crate engines for $250-300 might wake up the 50cc chassis quite nicely :evil
  15. Stalky Tracker

Stalky Tracker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They also have an ad for the 50cc which are probably coming via Excalibur. My guess is Excalibur is bringing both bikes into the US because I couldn't imagine two different distributors bringing both Madasses in.

The 50cc is on moto-scoots site at $2295 http://www.moto-scoot.net/sachs_madass_50.php so the big difference would be in driver's licensing because why would someone spend only a few hundred dollars less for a 50 when they can get a 125?
  17. Vertical C

Vertical C Long timer

Oddometer:
    No insurer will care until they have to pay out. Then they will make you care.
  18. Culcune

Culcune Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  19. mikesova

mikesova Michigander

Oddometer:
    yeah, i decided against it.
  20. Rhinorear

Rhinorear Member Team Tarded

Oddometer:
    subscribed. never to late