Gold Point nevada Dual Sport & Adventure Rally April 19-22, 2013

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by jrozar, Mar 12, 2013.

1. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its official...the 2013 April 19 - 22nd Gold Point Dual Sport and Adventure Rally! Stay in a real Ghost Town for the weekend, visit Death Valley and the surrounding areas...Join us for daily rides that are 150 miles of some of the best terrain Nevada & Cailifornia has to offer......

Gold Point NV - Vacation In The Old West - Gold Point Ghost Town

[​IMG]

2012 Ride Report- The Offical Gold Point Nevada 2012 Ride Report - my2wheels.com

2011 ride report - The Official 2011 Gold Point Thread - my2wheels.com

Several riders each year get together on either saturday or sunday and ride a loop about 180 miles through Death Valley seeing the crater, race track, down to saline valley and back there are some attached previous years ride reports. Other do road rides to death valley...there is just so much to see....if you like to ride you will love this trip.

Herb serves Breakfast and Dinner for all riders and families, the cost is $10 for breakfast & $15 for dinner please rsvp meals, camp sites, cabin rentals through

Herb@reservations@goldpointghosttown.com

He will also cook for those who arrive earlier in the week we just have to let him know when you rsvp your camping spot.
    It will be a weekend of riding for all bikes, road, adventure, dual sport, ATV's, 4wheelers, 4X4's etc...

Looking forward to another excellent year of riding and for those who have never ridden there before you can ride 100 plus miles in any direction and see some amazing scenery. Trails from a rating of 0 to 10....

Rv Spots $15.00 a night / 11 Spots available
    Call or email Herb to RSVP here E-Mail: reservations@goldpointghosttown.com
    Or Call 775-482-4653.

Cabin rentals - Vary in price see below link
    http://www.goldpointghosttown.com/HT...servations.htm

Camping - There is plenty of open area to camp for tenters just pull up a spot with one of the RV's and call it yours. We are asked to give a donation for RV's and Tents. Tents are not expected to pay as much as the RV's.
    RV Spots - Herb has 11 RV spots with electricty one with 50 amp, sewer, no water but a water tank for refills can be brought to the RV when needed.

For those of you who have never been there or have been there before please use this thread to ask questions or share your experiences.

We will be having daily rides, miles upon miles of trails and things to see. Gold Point is at the North end of death valley and you can gain access to death valley after just a few miles of dirt road.

Some riders will be riding through Death Valley to go sight seeing on during the weekend.
  2. BIG-E

BIG-E AKA; Mongo-E, Sexy Grande Supporter

Oddometer:
    This will be so cool! I have spoken with Sherrif Herb a few times and he is a good cat!

Does anyone now just how rough the road from crankshaft to Goldpoint is? We where just at crankshaft and wanted to go North into Goldpoint, but the map says "deep sand" and after coming thru warm springs to steel pass and into the "death march" across the valley and the really deep silt, that I was skeered to attempt it on a 950se.

I hope I can make this this year??

Take care Everyone, Eric.
  3. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oh less than 15 miles away and the sand isnt that bad...Leave crankshaft going south then left on oriental wash to Gold Point..

Come join us this year...no I hope I can...make it happen.
  4. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few pictures from last years Bishop ride out of Gold Point... This will be one of the weekend rides...
    [​IMG]
    [img width=900 height=675]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/L/Lm3up_806F36FA-6424-49F1-BC92-D24B41652CB4-12274-000017993C877A80.jpg[/img]

Many splashy crossings.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [img width=675 height=900]https://www.advrider.com/advrider-photobucket-images/images/L/Lm3up_45CB847E-C42C-4233-A086-376804D4FB44-12274-000017992CFCA232.jpg[/img]
    [​IMG]
    Hard Luck Mine Castle
    [​IMG]

Got up on Friday to breakfast at Herb's.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. MJS

MJS Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you planning on having the same "entertainment" as last fall? :kat :sweeti :viking
  6. Bonnie & Clyde

Bonnie & Clyde Wishing I was riding RTW

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  7. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The three naked strippers doing the photo shoot...... Um.....I don't remember that part.......But on the other hand we will be doing three big rides in three days..

Friday we are planning the Bishop loop starting out of Gold Point as seen in Photo's above.

Saturday we will be doing the Death Valley ride, GP to ubhebe, race track, lipponcot mine rd, saline, to crank shaft back to GP

Sunday we are planning a loop to Tonapah and back.

You joining us this April?

8. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    subscribed... :clap
  9. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just heard from Washington guys, they are renting a uhaul and trucking down. This will be their third year making the trek.

It's either the food or the riding....or maybe both. Sheriff Stone cooks up a hell of a breakfast and dinner for the riders each day..the only time I've ridden close to 200 miles in a day and gained weight.
  10. 3 up

3 up Razz

Oddometer:
    My third year can't wait.:1drink
  11. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bring your monkey 50 and I will bring the B2V ttr and we can have our mini's to run around town..

12. MountainGoatMyke

MountainGoatMyke Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see this view again ;) herb is great and the cooking and riding and all that. I love these rides and town .
  13. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent pic... See ya in GP Mykee
  14. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A few teaser pics from the saturdays ride...

Me & HHH a rare picture of us together....(discussion...so HHH should we make it harder next year?)

[​IMG][/URL]

A few of my favorite shots from the Saturday DV Ride

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another GREAT Dinner

[​IMG]

View from Racetrack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Dunes

[​IMG]
  15. shasta650

shasta650 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there a formal sign up? I might be passing thru about then can someone just show up and join in on the rides? thanks !
  16. MountainGoatMyke

MountainGoatMyke Been here awhile

Oddometer:

:clap Yeah Man .. I won't miss this. Last year was a blast :)
  17. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Its not much longer....I hope my 640 is ready in time..
  18. heta öknen vind

heta öknen vind n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm really looking forward to this ride. See ya'all on Friday around dinner time.
  19. jrozar

jrozar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Excellent we will see ya then!
  20. Cannabinoid

Cannabinoid Banned

Oddometer:
    this message is self destructing...