2014 Giant Loop

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 21, 2014.

1. RoninMoto

RoninMoto Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Sounds just about right. I'm glad I'm a part of it. Ride on! :clap
  2. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Justin, will the Siskiyou panniers fit a GS with the passenger seat removed or will they sit too low?

Thanks
  3. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    Hope everyone had a safe and fun Independence day celebration!

The Siskiyou panniers can be fitted without the passenger seat.
    Here is a blog post showing the bags fitted to one with the passenger seat. It also shows there is a bunch of adjustment in the center harness, to tighten up the bags to fit with no seat.

http://giantloopmoto.blogspot.com/2013/02/giant-loop-siskiyou-panniers.html

[​IMG]
  4. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Snowhawk, do you know who in south-central or Southeast Pennsylvania has your products in stock to look at? The closest dealer listed on your site to me was Velocity Cycles in Mechanicsburg, PA, but they kind of gave me a strange look when I asked about Giant Loop products. I'm thinking about a fandango or diablo but would like to see it in person. I'm guessing Revzilla maybe but I hate cities.

Thanks for any information you might have.
  5. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Velocity is a special order only dealer, they don't stock much. The guys at Matto Cycle, Pottsville are checking stock to see if they have both tank bags. I will know in a bit and post up!

Thanks for check-in!
  6. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Tolga Basol continues to adventure across Russia on his KTM 1190 Adventure R. He had a stop over in Omsk, where the guys at KTM Omsk worked to replace Tolga’s front hub and he got to hang out with the Siberian Bears motorcycle club.

[​IMG]

I don’t know the particulars, but the job got done, thanks to KTM Russia and KTM Omsk, so Tolga had the time to share pics of his tools and how he carries them. I share this posting from his FB page.
    Tubes and first aid kit in the Pannier Pockets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tire repair tools bagged and mounted to his pannier frame. His wrenches are in a tool roll under his seat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. murdock84

murdock84 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks!
  8. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
  9. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    I have been digging through our photo archive trying to find the shots of Jeff Camacho running the Siskiyou Panniers on a spring 2013 Baja Trip. He had them mounted on the bike with no passenger seat. Wish I could locate the great pics he shared with us...
    Looks like his photobucket account isn't active anymore.:shog

10. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Just got this press Release from Baja Rally organizer Scotty Bloom!
    Fuel range Extended for Baja Rally

11. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    GIANT LOOP RIDER: APPLE JAM AND I MAKE GPX TRACKS IN HOOD RIVER COUNTY FOR RALLY IN THE GORGE
    [​IMG]

Getting the Giant Loop Dual Sport route sorted for Rally in the Gorge took the help of inmate, Apple Jam. An avid KTM 990 Adventure rider, he has rolled every piece of two track in the area and knows how to link up some excitement for our ride.
    Arriving in Parkdale at 3pm, I was anxious to get on the motos and get some tracks tucked into the bike’s Trail Tech Voyager. The weather was perfect, maybe a bit hot, and the air was clear. I was staging at Apple Jam’s and he was gracious enough to have me camp there. His KTM was getting fork service work so I brought the Honda XR650R and KTM 500EXC, for us to ride. He hadn’t ridden a new EXC so I rode the Honda and he happily climbed onto the KTM. I hadn’t been riding on this side of Mt Hood, so I was looking forward to following Apple Jam’s experienced lead and getting a taste of what kind of terrain was available. Needless to say, there was not a drop of disappointment until 9:08 pm and we hit the Sawtooth Roadhouse after closing, missing dinner. We made up for it with a drink or two when we finally made it back home…

There were several huge vista views.
    [​IMG]
    We were headed right over yonder.
    [​IMG]
    Had a few rocks to roll over, on the way.
    [​IMG]
  12. advEd

advEd Adventurer

Oddometer:

Olaf,

Im trying to find a GO LIGHT. GO FAST. GO FAR. sticker or two. Can you point me in the right direction. Are they available to buy on the Giant Loop website?

Thanks, Ed
  13. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Stickers on the website, now added to the web updates list. In the mean time, PM me your addy! Thanks for riding Giant Loop.
  14. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Alex Martins of Konflict Suspension is riding the WABDR with the Heavyweights. Pic and comment:
    [​IMG]
  15. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Latest pics from Tolga Basol, who is rolling through Altai, Russia. Giant Loop Pronghorn straps easily subdued the replacement TKC-80s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Giant Loop needs a late model BMW GS to use as a display bike in our vendor booth at the BMW MOA Rally next week (July 24-27) in St. Paul, Minnesota.

Bike owner gets into the rally for free - and gets to keep display luggage ($1000+ worth of gear).:deal

Please PM me right away with a pic of your bike. Thanks!
  17. Johnf3

Johnf3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I melted a strap on my Mojavi and sent an email into the contact email on the Giant Loop website a week ago with no reply. I don't need to buy a complete repair kit but rather a few feet of strap. Is this available for purchase from GL?
  18. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    John, Thanks for the heads up and sorry that I missed your contact! I am looking in that email account and see that your message was missed, along with a couple of others from the holiday weekend. You now have a reply.:deal

Here is a pic of the right side strapping position that I see the Husaberg 70* riders using:
    [​IMG]
  19. Johnf3

Johnf3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thank you Justin. Once I get my strap and get my bag repaired I will tie it down like the picture shows.
  20. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    GIANT LOOP TECH TIP: SADDLEBAG STRAPPING LOCATION FOR NEWER KTM’S
    [​IMG]
    As I rig up and ride different Giant Loop packing systems on our 2012 KTM 500 EXC, I am always looking for a different solutions to strapping the right side. There is a factory heat shield covering the subframe, at the point I like to thread the strap mount. There are several types of bolt-on hardware solutions submitted by riders, to handle mounting the strap on that side, but I was looking for a simpler method. Now, my method isn’t perfect and it does require an 8mm wrench for the initial install, but I didn’t have to add any parts to the bike!
    This has been tested for about 100 miles of rough and there appears to be no ill effects to the bodywork, other than the usual dusty strap wear.
    Method:
    Loosen the lower mounting bolt on the orange side panel, at the bottom of the subframe
    [​IMG]

Thread the mounting strap through the molded slot in the white side panel
    [​IMG]

Wrap it around the subframe and pull to the front of the orange side panel
    [​IMG]

Carefully replace the orange panel’s tab, into its slot in the white panel, so the tab and strap can both fit smoothly
    [​IMG]

Replace the bolt/bushing, finish threading the strap through the buckle and tension, stowing the strap end so it doesn’t catch on something or burn
    [​IMG]