Rings for sale - Scrap Gold Services to AdvRiders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Lobby, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Sure. PM sent.
  2. infoatnmmoto

infoatnmmoto I knoews I be bad.

Oddometer:
    Do you need to update your site?
    Send form plus your items to our P.O. Box; insured, with signature confirmation.

Mail overnight or 2nd day delivery via U.S. Postal Service as UPS and FedEx will not deliver to a P.O. Box!
  3. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Ah. Good point about the website. I need to change the Shipping us your Material page.

I'll do so tomorrow (or the next).

:wave
  4. rawdog

rawdog Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Was reading another JM thread (can't find it) about how to sell your gold... that's where I learned about Lobby's service. Contacted him by email and got around to sending in a gold band that I wanted to ditch. PROMPT reply from Lobby, a thorough breakdown of the value he offered (more money than I expected), and done is done. EASY and well worth it. And, better than my experience at a gold place a couple years ago where the guy looked at the gold and pulled a number out of his ass.

Thank you Leo.

RECOMMEND. :thumb

-Damien
  5. MacG

MacG Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I stumbled on this thread and decided to give Leo a try with some pieces I had no use for. He gave me a decent price and was very professional to deal with. I would recommend his services without hesitation . Thanks Leo :beer
  6. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    I wanna see a pic of Leo, in a chicken suit, with this "we buy Gold" sign:rofl

I plan on putting together a package of scrap silver to send to Lobby over the holidays:clap
  7. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    :flip :flip :flip

Oh, sorry. I mean, your most humble servant awaits, Mr. Moose.

:D

Hey, I'm serious about the humility. It amazes me how folks I've not met will send me their precious stuff. Thanks to all for your trust in me.

:shog
  8. YBViking

YBViking Bedroom Adventurer

Oddometer:
    YOU?

I'm always amazed by the kindness and willingness to share amongst the ADV community. LOBBY-YOU- are a fine example of that: quick, courteous and more than generous.:deal:freaky:clap

Very happy to put an end to a bad romance (see sig line) and add the farkle fund- Lobby made it happen.

Thanks Again!

(now where's that woman's number from Columbia......)
  9. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    We've made a significant investment in technology at my company, and I'd like to inform the AdvRider community about it. Particularly as it means higher payouts for your gold.

EDXRF - Energy Dispersive X-Ray Fluorescence

[​IMG]

It's sorta like an MRI for your gold. The machine directs a beam of xrays at the gold, which bounce off; a detector measures how the xrays have been changed by the metal, which can be related to the composition of the alloy.

Note the gold content in this alloy. It's not your typical 14 karat gold; it's actually 62% gold, which corresponds to 14.9 karat.

[​IMG]

Why is this important? The biggest fear all gold buyers have is paying a bunch of $ for a piece of worthless base metal due to some mistake in their analysis. This particularly impacts inexperienced buyers who use lower tech analytical. Therefore many of them sandbag their payouts to cover for the inevitable errors.

With this technology, we no longer fear misidentifying gold. Which means we can afford to payout more.

Send me a PM here, or an email through my website if you have any questions.

Leo
    www.graciesgold.com
  10. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    I normally melt the gold I buy, as it makes assaying a lot simpler when I sell it to the gold market.

But sometimes I buy some things that it just hurts to melt.

These rings came from an estate sale. A sheriffs deputy was the executor of the will, and he came to see us, since the word at the sheriff's office is that we're honest. (Ain't that cool?) :shogs

These rings are all 18 karat gold, custom made at Turgeon Raine jewelers in Seattle, WA.

18k Rose Gold with Tiger's Eye
    20 g, Size 10, Original Price $3350
    $1200

[​IMG]

18k white gold with rough stone from Mt. Everest

20 g, Size 10, Original Price $3950
    $1200

[​IMG]

18k yellow gold with Botswana Agate
    18.5 g, Size 10, Original Price $2875
    $1100

[​IMG]

18k yellow gold with Turritella Agate
    19.5 g, Size 10, Original Price $2875
    $1150

[​IMG]

18k yellow gold with 2.4 ct Cats Eye Green Tourmaline
    13.5 g, Size 6.5, Original Price $3400
    $900

[​IMG]

18k yellow gold with 2.69ct Moonstone

13.9 g, Size 6.5, Original Price $2300
    $900

[​IMG]

Note the difference in sizes. The guy who had these made made some for his ring fingers, and the small ones for his pinkie fingers. They can be resized, but these rings are so massive, that it will take some cutting and welding to do so. Cost unknown at this time.

If no interest, I melt them on Sunday, Sept 2.
  11. ADW

ADW 'tard bike restos

Oddometer:
    Sent Leo a gold dental crown I had to have replaced. Super quick communications and service, got nearly a Ben Franklin for my used toofus! Great service, nice guy, fast...excellent! Highly recommended.
  12. Juanjo_NY

Juanjo_NY Made in Argentina

Oddometer:
    I sent him almost 2k worth of God and the transaction was pleasant and friendly start to finish.

HIGHLY recommended.

Gracias amigo!
  13. Mugwest

Mugwest "You mean this is the REAL world!?"

Oddometer:
    Worked with Leo recently. The material was kind of emotional and I feel privileged to have had Leo helping me. Heart and trustworthiness at a level that doesn't really exist anymore-- except on ADV :nod

I consider Leo a friend

Highest recommendation.

ADV Trust indeed
  14. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    Thanks, Mugs. You have no idea how much your kind words mean to my wife and I.

But since I'm here in this thread, let me warn y'all about Spam Alert! I haven't posted an update here, but I suppose it's a reasonable time to do so.

:spam

:lol3

Y'all know that I'm a retired chemical engineer. Well, one who failed at retirement. :cry I rode my motorcycles all over the U.S. and over half of Mexico, thinking that checking off that bucket list would be fulfilling. It was, but when it was over, I found myself wondering what was next.

So I started the Gold buying biz.

And last year we expanded in high end, Computer Aided Design of jewelry. You know the feeling of seeing something really cool and wanting to make it yourself? No, not copy it, but just to create something of beauty? That happened to me as I saw so many gorgeous things come through my shop these past few years.

This engineer has worked with mathy, techy, geeky stuff all his life, and has decided to apply this technology to design jewelry items.

Yep.

Here's an example:

A customer came to us this past month with a jewelry problem. She had a beautiful marquise diamond ring in platinum, but as she regularly wore gloves at work, was always snagging the ring on the gloves. She wanted a new ring design.

We changed the orientation of the diamond from “north-south” (along the finger), to “east-west” (across the finger). We placed the diamond in a bezel setting and set it low on her hand so that the diamond would not snag.

The pictures show the steps in the design. She was, uh, happy. :shogs

Step 1, the dual ring shanks

[​IMG]

2, placing the marquise diamond with bezel (the metal "skirt" around the ring) on the shanks

[​IMG]

3, rotating the diamond to east - west

[​IMG]

4, tweaking bezel size

[​IMG]

5, smoothing out the shanks

[​IMG]

6, final design

[​IMG]

7, 3d printed resin model

[​IMG]

8, final ring, in platinum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, I skipped a lot of steps in the CAD design explanation, but ya'll get the picture. Right now we're using someone else's 3d printer, but we'll probably have our own in a few months. We're making rings pretty regularly now. And our customers have been quite happy.

I'll yak some more a bit later. I'm headed out on a bike ride so I won't be on the computer for several days...
  15. Ironwood

Ironwood Friday Harbor, WA

Oddometer:
    Lobby, this looks like a great service to provide for ADV'ers. Thanks. I am considering buying bulk silver coin as a hedge against inflation. Is there a good way to do this? I live in Washington state.
  16. Lobby

Lobby Viel Spass, Vato!

Oddometer:
    I sometimes have some quantities of U.S. silver coins on hand, but I sold them all just this past Saturday. Right now, I'm out.

The silver coin market is changing a bit. The large corporations (say, Apmex) have discovered that they can squeeze a few more dollars out of the silver coins by "grading" them. Jeez, what ever happened to junk coins? :baldy

So while you used to be able to buy $10 face value of silver coins, containing 7.15 oz of silver, for about 10% over spot, now if you contact Apmex, you'll get this bewildering menu, sorted by coin grade (condition), of course, the higher the grade the higher the price.

When I have silver coins to sell, I typically sell them at 10% over spot, using 0.715 oz of silver per dollar of face value (for dimes, quarters, and halves - silver dollars are different).

I'd recommend checking with a local coin shop. They should have some on hand. Make sure they tell you how much above spot their price is. They may say something like "$2 over," which means 2/19 or a little over 10%.

Feel free to call me if you have questions.

PM sent

Leo

PS, here's a recent gold wedding band we designed. I call it the "Yellow Brick Road" band. :D

[​IMG]
  17. boxermoose

boxermoose Regressive airhead Supporter

Oddometer:
    Leo's custom stuff is top notch

I feel real bad as Lobby busted his ass way back in April to get this done for my wife and I never posted pics & Leo is to modest to post the ones he took (and I told him to)

Working with Leo's wife Elsa was great - Leo is Leo...what can I say:smooch

Anyway Leo re-worked my wifes wedding and engagement rings to a new design & also repaired the band on her Grandmothers 3 stone ring

My crappy pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  18. AppFan

AppFan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I stumbled across this post while poking around the Vendors section and remembered a few things gathering dust in a drawer.
    I sent them off to Leo and was pleasantly surprised at what I was offered. He took the time to answer all my questions and I wouldn't hesitate to work with him again.
    Thanks!
  19. SDIZZY

SDIZZY Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I did just the same, what a top notch, fast turn around, solid deal.
    I turned my old high school ring into bike parts!:clap:clap:clap
  20. Adam E

Adam E OK

Oddometer:
    Just wanted to take a moment to thank Leo for his advice and education! You won't regret getting in touch with him for your jewelry and precious metal needs!:deal