PDM60 - Power Distribution Questions

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Z1000RYDR, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Z1000RYDR

Z1000RYDR Z1000RYDR

Oddometer:
    Hello All,
    Just wanted to touch base. I've seen a lot of questions an inquiries regarding the PDM60 Power Distribution Module. I work for Rowe Electronics, the company that builds it. I'm a motorcycle enthusiast myself, as is the owner of the company.
    Anyway, we're getting a lot of great feed back on the product, and the units in the field are performing great. If any of you have any questions on spec, or capability, or availability, you can shoot me an e-mail and I'll give you all the info you need. We currently have a few key distributors of the product, some of which have our dashboard software for custom programming the circuit ratings, trigger behavior, time delays, etc. -- The units are rock solid. I've submerged PDM60 units in buckets of water with 45+ Amps of power piping through them, I've intentionally shorted circuits, left high amperage running through them for days and days, and they just keep right on working.
    If you have any questions at all, just shoot me an e-mail or check out our web site for more info.
    www.rowe-electronics.com.

Thanks,
    Blake
  2. SantaRosa

SantaRosa I'd rather be lost

Oddometer:
    What is the warranty? Sealed, water tight, up to 60 amps total and circuit indicator lights built in. You've moved the bar up a rung on power blocks. What about heat dissipation?
  3. Phoenix65420

Phoenix65420 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Looks like a good start to a neat product!

Speaking as someone that is rather intimate with electronics, if you have dashboard programming software to adjust the function and operation of the unit. I would want access to that as an owner. I'm not a fan of taking the beast in to a tech just to change how long it takes my GPS to shut down after I turn off the bike.

Are you planning on providing that as well?
  4. ov1

ov1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    How much is it?
  5. Looksgoodinblack

Looksgoodinblack Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1
  6. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    I think this might be in the wrong forum.
  7. THogland

THogland Back in Alaska!

Oddometer:
    It's listed in the FAQ at the website - $149. Unfortunately, what's not listed is how to actually get one, other than e-mailing them... My V-Star 1300 is VERY cramped for room to add stuff, so replacing my current fuse block with something the size of a CoffeeMate packet sounds wonderful.
  8. SantaRosa

SantaRosa I'd rather be lost

Oddometer:
    RocketMoto around 149

http://www.rocketmoto.com/index.php...ion-module-digital-circuit-breaker-panel.html

I think being waterproof is a key feature and size is sweet.
  9. RocketMoto

RocketMoto 2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer:
    CoffeeMate packet? Way too big - these are the size of a Chiclet.... Yeah, right. :rofl

Seriously, though. We have the PDM60's in stock, ready to ship, along with our accessory wiring kit that'll simplify your install. Best of all... your awesome ADV Discount applies to your online purchase. PM us for your code.

The PDM60 is one helluva product, and we think these guys have hit the sweet spot for just the right sort of power distribution that ADV'ers have been looking for.
  10. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    There is Dashboard software, but it also requires a hardware interface, so it's not really practical for an end-user on account of the cost involved. We can program these up for you if the factory programming isn't just right for your needs.
  11. DDT Rider

DDT Rider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's a real shame, because needs evolve and change. A real strength to this unit could have been a mini USB port to interface with a PC for owner configuration at will (while still in the bike).

Hopefully, that's in the near future...
  12. Jiro

Jiro Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer:
    oh god.... I wish I saw this first before I bought Fuzeblock 2 weeks ago... this sounds like a sweet product. possibly exactly what I'm looking for.
  13. Jiro

Jiro Watch Out for Squirrel!

Oddometer:
    that would be nice to be able to program/adjust it via bluetooth and iPhone
  14. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    James:

Agreed. I have put in the suggestion and I would hope this will make it into a future version, as well.

I will email you to get your specifics so that I can program yours. Thanks for the repeat business!
  15. DDT Rider

Oddometer:
    Cheers...
  16. DDT Rider

Oddometer:
    Mine just shipped...
  17. kimokk

kimokk Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Any feedback on the product? I'm about to order one myself.
  18. DDT Rider

Oddometer:
    Like the system so far...I hear the newest versions will be user programmable.

Challenge for me is finding grounding points...
  19. RocketMoto

Oddometer:
    James:

You have our PDM60 Wiring Kit, right? The ground bus cable will accommodate 8 ring lugs for ground connections, without having a mess on the negative battery terminal. We started including the ring lugs after you purchased the kit, I think.

Is there something we can help with?
  20. DDT Rider

Oddometer:
    I do have that, thanks...waiting on that part of the install and thinking about where to locate that...toward the front or back...I find myself wishing I had two convenient frame grounding points; one up in the beak area, one mid-bike or further back.

Perhaps something for RocketMoto to consider for future R+D continuing to make the PDM60 a turn key setup would be to locate a couple of frame-based ground locations and include two shorter grounding posts to connect to those frame points...perhaps even replacement bolts for those grounding points, if needed. That would take the battery out of the equation, reducing clutter there.

Just thinking out of the box...what helps you helps us ;>