What Did You Do To Your KTM Today?

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by DeeGee, Apr 12, 2010.

1. petdav

petdav Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/2

Am very curious what failed to let the gps mount adapter separate from your dashboard. I have just ordered the same unit from Touratech along with mount for 276c and don't want to see this happen on the washboards and stuff I ride.
  2. dirtybikefrank

dirtybikefrank Beast wrestler

Oddometer:
    Took the old girls out and flogged em proper. Ethanol free gas and seafoam cocktail and put em to bed wet. Damn I love these bikes...
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Dropped my front wheel off at Woody's for an A60 1.6 hoop & modified-super lacing. :thumb

Pick it up on Thursday. :ricky
  4. SCflyer

SCflyer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interested as well. Read this happening to another and scratched up his guages. Another I talked to didn't have a failure but also hardmounted the front holes vs just having them "ride" on the bodywork. He was using a 376 type GPS. Considering a Montana to avoid all the weight as far out as it is with the locking mount. The first guy didn't mention asking Touratech about this...have you?
  5. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    Sounds like a mistake, but that's just my opinion. Unless, of course, you are selling the SE to fund his & hers bikes.
  6. gozirra

gozirra Spam?

Oddometer:
    Picked up my new 950 adv s, had given it a once over and decided it was acceptable, so purchased and brought it home the next day.

I will try to get some photos up soon, pulled the seat/glovebox/tanks and checked the airbox, fixed a vac leak on the front carb, found a relocated battery, and cleaned the grungy motor, still trying to sort everything on this bike and where I need to step in for service.

Well by step in I mean I will be doing all service from here on out, and first plans are Water pump rebuild/upgrade, Facet fuel pump, oil system/service, fab a composite belly plate and maybe some tank guards, give the carbs a once over (eeeeek), send the front wheel out for a relace with a double rotor setup, and get the right caliper back on it, oh and send the boingers to superplush.

If anyone knows the first owner of this KTM I would love to hear what they did to this beast, It appears to be a 2005 adv in ktm orange, converted to S suspension? (have to measure, stands have been extended and welded), but with a custom 06 dakar style blue/touareg paintjob. running d.i.d dirtstar wheels front and rear, full floating rotors, drycell batt in the underseat box and Carmichael handlebars. So. Cal bike from what i gather but the 2nd owner I bought it from had very little info.

I have 2 (or less) years to strip/clean/build/ride before the Alcan. woo hoo?:1drink
  7. Bonsai Elephant

Bonsai Elephant Banned

Oddometer:
    Definitely keep the bike.

The honeymoon period is shortlived but resentment lasts forever!

:lol3
  8. petdav

petdav Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    re:Quote:
    Originally Posted by petdav
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/11/2

Am very curious what failed to let the gps mount adapter separate from your dashboard. I have just ordered the same unit from Touratech along with mount for 276c and don't want to see this happen on the washboards and stuff I ride.

Interested as well. Read this happening to another and scratched up his guages. Another I talked to didn't have a failure but also hardmounted the front holes vs just having them "ride" on the bodywork. He was using a 376 type GPS. Considering a Montana to avoid all the weight as far out as it is with the locking mount. The first guy didn't mention asking Touratech about this...have you?

I have ordered TT mount 065-0087 and TT adapter 040-0659 for 276c on new '12 990. The folks at Touratech assured me they had no knowledge of problems with the adapter for the 990. But like you, I have seen other posts on here showing broken or loose adapter brackets, and I will be very careful to mount this thing very securely to the dash.

Reason for new mounting system and bike here:
    [​IMG]
  9. FakeName

FakeName Wile E Coyote SuperGenius Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hey, how do you like the Great Basin? Noticed you're using one..

*that's irony, folks- glad you're OK, looks like a nasty fall*
  10. catalina38

catalina38 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw this for sale, looked like a great deal.
  11. skclarey

skclarey Tempe trail rider

Oddometer:
    Big day for my new to me 990. Added R suspension, Rekluse clutch and Rottweiler air intake with stacks
  12. FakeName

Oddometer:
    Did you convert your existing, or get a different setup?
  13. HDen

HDen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It's unfortunatly the end of the season here.
    Winter is coming !
    So today, I cleaned the bike and I put a little Orange color on the sled :D
    [​IMG]
    HDen
  14. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    One of my pet peeves... out riding, get a flat, fix the flat, now tire is out of balance and the bike shakes when at speed - especially annoying if the tire is relatively new as it is a PITA to take the wheel off the bike and to the shop just for a re-balance.

...or you throw some knobs
    ...or the tire changes balance as it wears

Finally got around to picking up a balancer/truing stand :clap

[​IMG]
  15. rubRsidedown

rubRsidedown Long timer

Oddometer:

NICE SuperSproX sprocket.
    I certainly love mine. :D
  16. FakeName

Oddometer:
    You can mark (index) the tire to the rim before dismounting, and then return it to the same place after repair.

Might dodge the rebalance.
  17. lukeinlondon

lukeinlondon LC GSA/Helix

Oddometer:
    was leaning :wink:

[​IMG]

after changing the seat and the tank..the bike feels SOOOOO much better on the corners :norton
  18. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    You are certainly more OCD than I am, and I'm pretty bad, but if the knobs are still on the tire and the tire on the bike I'm happy. I can't tell the difference between a balanced 908 and an unbalanced 908.
  19. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Picked up my wheel from Woody's. No more wobble-wobble :clap

[​IMG]
  20. Narsisco Lopez

Narsisco Lopez Addlepated

Oddometer:
    :ricky

Ordered me up some K&N oil filters from CJ... then did a little 120 mile loop with a little pit stop to check out the Hayman Burn area near Cheesman Lake...

[​IMG]

Then did about 20 some-odd miles of "noob dirt" on CO 67 (between Deckers, CO and US-285)... having too much fun to stop and take pix.