Southwest Dual Sport Riders Club - Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by Chick4KLRs, Nov 22, 2008.

1. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    Nicely said... U start with this :roflMetaphorically speaking.
    [​IMG]__________________

and continue with that. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    When done u do this: [​IMG] Then repeat for the rest of ur life. [​IMG] ...
  2. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:
    When done u do this: [​IMG] Then repeat for the rest of ur life. [​IMG] ...[/QUOTE]

so true eddy, oh so true
  3. Newview

Newview Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Holy cow, Montekand, Dod and Charlie and other guys,
    You have just described the last 8 weeks of my life to a tee, with emphasis on the drop it, pick it up, repair it and repeat part. I honestly can't remember another time in my life when I have been more obsessed. Riding and becoming a more competent rider are all I think about.:clap:clap It has been all consuming including, thought, time, day dreaming, money, pain, joy ,etc,etc. I am really having a great, great time with it.:rofl

I got a Honda 250 and have to get up in the middle of the night to go and check on it, to see if it needs anything.:raabia When I first got it home of course the first thing I did was ride it to the wash by my house and crash within 3 minutes. Now I have a nice scar on my left elbow to remind me to always wear safety gear. I had ordered all my safety gear on line but had not received it yet. I just could not wait. I have it all now and have thoroughly tested every piece especially my Fly elbow and forearm guards and Gaerne Boots. Anyway, I am glad I found this site and I enjoy reading it daily. Thanks for all the helpful tips and insight.
  4. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The good part of this is we have self help groups for this, the bad part is they all ride motorcycles:wink:
  5. cyberdos

cyberdos Easy Bonus Loop ♦♦

Oddometer:
    I've never dropped a bike in my life.

:nah
  6. Newview

Newview Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Tom, As long as my motorcycle can attend with me I will go. Is it a couples thing?
  7. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    If u say so... [​IMG], U da man Julio. [​IMG]
  8. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    All those pictures of my bike on its side have been photochopped to try and incriminate me.

:nod
  9. DOD

DOD rider #5

Oddometer:

May be true. In the two crashes I observed, the bike clearly dropped him.

-dod
  10. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    There ya go. Eyewitness proof.
  11. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:
  12. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:

I know whatcha talkin bout. Evil lurks behind the jealous rider-always sabotaging the trails right in front of me, knocking me off my bike when nobody is looking, flattening my tires on the trail!! It just never stops. I never had an off till i moved out here and met the wrong group:lol3
    Monte
  13. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's Glenn up to these days?:ear
    That SOB basically taught me to ride a KLR through hell and back.

We rode 600 miles to West Fest 2007 in Sipapu, NM.
    [​IMG]

It rained like clockwork at about 3pm every day. One morning, we struck out on our own and found a gnarly trail (muddy too) that just climbed and climbed for miles. IIRC, it was called Osa/Osha Trail, or something similar. Took us half a day to get up to a flat spot for a rest. Glenn had to ride my bike through some of it. I had hard bags and 50/50 tires. Stock tupperware skidplate. Just whipped my ass.

While we're taking a break, a whole gaggle of orange dirtbikes comes roaring up behind us. Their jaws dropped when they realized who was making tracks ahead of them on the trail. "You rode fucking KLRs with bags up here??!!" We felt like men.

They smoked cigarettes and had granola bars before roaring off on the trail ahead of us. One of these badasses (inmate Mountain Eagle, or something like that?) had broken his right thumb on the trail (pictured below bending over to dig into his pack). Before they took off, he asked me to tape his hand to the throttle, which I did with electrical tape. The once virgin trail was now a slobbery mess and the next 1/4 mile uphill was an utter nightmare for those two KLR-riding idiots. I recall laying on the side of the trail, winded.
    [​IMG]
  14. cyberdos

Oddometer:
    I don't think he loves us anymore. :cry

Last I heard he's found a new home with the M2W folks.
  15. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I called him few months back and left a message, same on ADV but no answer :dunno, hope he's doing ok or I thought he might have moved dunno??
  16. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    I guess I was right I just hang up the phone with him, he's in N. Dakota for business (job obliged) he's doing good, he'll be back to Phx periodically to visit. He still riding, not as much (not when u live in snow country). Best of luck to him and hopefully the job market is better up there than here. Glenn I hope to see u soon on AZ trails ripping it ferociously :D:D.
  17. Newview

Newview Dusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
  18. jtwest

jtwest Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer:
    Hows it going DD? Doing good in OK? I still tell myself somedays "Ill always have SLAP"
  19. Montek

Montek Eternal Noob

Oddometer:
    Whats a 990?? I know I have some MD 20/20.[/QUOTE]

Let me deal you in:clap poker mate:rofl.
    Its orange,(blue, black, grey are also colors) fast, capable, and expensive. I'll just have one here and you can cash it out for me:lol3
    Monte
  20. jtwest

jtwest Redneck Adventererer

Oddometer:
    Let me deal you in:clap poker mate:rofl.
    Its orange,(blue, black, grey are also colors) fast, capable, and expensive. I'll just have one here and you can cash it out for me:lol3
    Monte[/QUOTE]

I want one too but only if its green.
    Its the KTM boss hogg of DPs. Twin cyl. In between the 950 and 1100(?).
    Not going to make them anymore after the 1100 comes out(?) (or has come out)
    Sorry I dont keep up enough to know details.
    I offered to trade my cat for one, the dealer said no. So I gave up on having one.