The CRF250L Owners thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by joec63, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Very!!...far nicer than the factory.... IMHO
  2. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    My eyes are not what they used to be. But gol darn I thought the factory "red" seat was PINK. I hated it

I asked mxbundy of Seat Concepts to send me both of his red seat covers for our CRF250L. Told him I would pick the color I wanted then send the other back to him. He agreed. I have yet to send the unused cover back to him just yet so here are a couple crap pics of his "other" red. I just laid it on my seat so you guys and gals could compare. It is a very smooth fabric.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    I cant really tell just sitting on it in the basement if it feels lower. But I will say 100% it is softer and wider. And the seating bowl might be just a tiny bit further back. I need to put about 500 miles on this seat to give one an honest review

if this goldarn snow would just melt

and it spose to be below zero tonite

arggggg
  4. toddol1971

toddol1971 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    There was no ignorance towards you Lost.

I think the main problem is there is no specific spot for the different bikes. There all jumbled up in the thumpers forum.
    I have no idea how hard it would be to have a specific spot for these or not, but that would stop all the problems of which you speak. Then sticky's would be all our best friends.
  5. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd say ya made the right choice, more of a "richer" look to the carbon fiber ...miles on the seat before an honest review=understandable..BTW...You can keep that snow and cold down there....:D...Thanks
  6. Charleston

Charleston Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm a noob/owner and agree that it’s hard to pick out useful info from this thread. If a picture is worth a thousand words we need more pictures and a lot less words.

Here are pictures of a mounting spot for a 12v outlet. The outlet was on sale a Cycle Gear for $10. It's pretty stout, includes wires with lugs and a handlebar mount. I cut the mount to fit the space on the right side fairing and used Velcro to hold it in place (double sided tape would be more secure). There is a ground block a couple inches away but I ran both wires to the battery zip tied to the existing wire harness. I use the outlet to power a GPS in my tank bag map pocket and to charge the battery.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG]</o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Now if I understand correctly I shouldn’t say that I use Battery Minders instead of a Battery Tenders because they have a desulphate cycle and have kept my batteries good for years because that could lead to pages of cussing and discussing battery chargers so I won’t say it here.<o:p></o:p>
  7. Lost Roadie

Lost Roadie High-Tech Meets Low Class Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lake Isabella, CA USA / Mai Chau, Vietnam

Please add your post and anyone else who's already posted with things like this join us in the The Honda CRF250L Adventure Traveler Thread. :clap
    My contribution to try and sort out all the info into one place for setting up your bike for ADVentures. A thread to try and splinter off things so they don't get lost in a matter of days in this fast moving thread. :freaky

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20614931#post20614931
  8. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Great steps in getting these new threads rolling. I am not very computer/forum intelligent, but am learning

This link is brilliant: however the hell ya did it? (doesn't matter...:lol3)

http://www.advrider.com/forums/searc...rchid=22408482

I just bookmarked it, and then I can go where I want to from there, instead of the round-a-bout, foolish way I was doing my navigating threw the different threads...Would it make any sense to add your thread (Lost) to that list also, so we have all the CRF250L info. on that page?
  9. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:
    Not sure why it doesn't work, I'm at the mercy of the ADV search tool.

Here's how I got there.

click search while in the forum topic list.

click on the . under the search text entry box.

In that advanced search page type in crf250l in the keywords box, then select Thumpers forum to search in.

Click Search now on bottom right of the page.

There you go.

I updated my thread with the new link, it's different so maybe that search is only good for a period of time.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/search.php?searchid=22410821

In order for my thread to work I need help, so if you've posted up your methods to make the LRP yours, please help us all and repost it over there where it can be indexed and not LOST. ;)We like photos.
    Soon enough we'll have a good resource with all the various options to setup a LRP for Adventuring!
  11. Krono

Krono Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We need a CRF250L sub-forum now :D

L
  12. SAPB

SAPB Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes! An amphibious CRFL.
  13. Telemarktumalo

Telemarktumalo Go Red Sox!

Oddometer:
    It seems the link expires and leads to a dead end. Bummer.
  14. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes..bummer indeed, I liked the way it looked, sort of a main menu type deal, you could could go to that screen and see what was new in all the different threads, also great for IPhones and such as a bookmark. Even following your new method that you posted, I still get about 4 pages of everything else mixed in.

As I mentioned before, my forum skills are pretty slack,but something like the menu screen you had would be great. Like Krono said, a sub-forum or something.

It's hard to blame Noobs and new buyers for coming here and wanting to know more about the CRFL, lots of fantastic everything here, and it's the hottest thread that I've found about the CRFL...but,it will be good to get everything more orginized and get all the great info. and great members posting in the appropriate threads, and accomplish this by the easiest means possible for everyone.....( I think that made sense...:D)

"What??"......Do they make these in Thailand yet???......:rofl
  15. Lost Roadie

Oddometer:

There's updated instruction in the CRF Adventure thread to get that list you like. :deal

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=20614931#post20614931
  16. Bob80

Bob80 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  17. DQook

DQook Hawaii NX125

Oddometer:
    anyone hear of an oversize front rotor in the works for the lrp??? ive seen where others have used an oversize 250r rotor with a custom bracket but it would be nice to get something that fits out of the box....

or if theres a master fab dude out there... and i know there is:D
    maybe making a couple of brackets for a certain rotor that a couple of us can go in toghether to make it worth your while...
    anyone???
    -DQ
  18. topping

topping Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket back brake pedal available for the LRP yet ?

Mine has bent in half a couple of times now :cry

Phil
  19. gaw777

gaw777 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So who has done the airbox mod like BDSB? I have drilled the holes in the side cover to allow more air, but they also removed a portion of the top. Necessary?
    Maybe just remove the snorkel?
    A little reluctant to cut the top of the box off.

Feedback from anyone who has done this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
  20. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Lots of holes in the air box was a very popular modification of the Yamaha WR250R and it helped a lot.Removing the snorkel from other motorcycles I have had (XR400R & KLR650) seemed inconclusive. From a fluid mechanics standpoint, removing the snorkel seems to trade a smooth tube with a reduced cross section with a sharp edged hole with a larger cross section for a net gain of possibly nothing. For sure removing the snorkel you'll make more noise. Having said that I bought a spare CRF airbox lid, and airbox. They are 8 and 18 dollars respectively so I can hack them up...If I don't like it, I can go back. Perforating the lid does work on XR400's, but of course it makes fording deep streams dangerous. Also, removing the backfire screen and the aluminum sheet with the larger perforations from the stock filter may be troublesome also. The large perforation sheet probably acts as a stop to keep the folded paper filter from turning itself inside out. For those who have done this modification, I'd suggest they check the filter very frequently looking for rips...just hold it up to a bright light. Since a single cylinder engine has lots of pulsing in the flow, that folded fabric is constantly beaten back and forth. I'm hoping Twin Air or other knowledgeable aftermarket filter folks come up with a foam filter for the CRF. Twin Air already makes one for the CRF250R.