1. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    You maybe right I don't have access to the finacial statments to know for sure however I think your off on cash donations verses goods. Giving clothing, food and other resources gets 100% to the people who need it however cash does not work this way as the cost of running this organization is high. I am greatful the Red Cross is what it is and they do incredible things but my support for them is always material and not finacial.

I don't want to get into who's right or wrong I was simply trying to point out that when I am donating cash to those that need it I try to make sure as much of it as possible goes to the people that need it. This is a time for us to help where we can and being sure someone isn't taking of advantage of the situation was my only real point.
  2. AZ TOM

AZ TOM Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully we can keep this thread just about the Prescott 19 & getting & displaying a $5 decal on our bikes to show our support & take who's right or wrong down below to another place. Just my 2 cents?
  3. John E

John E Long timer

Oddometer:
    Decals are in the mail and a donation to The Arizona 100 club has already been made. I'd urge anyone that has ever enjoyed the forest to donate as much as they're comfortable with to help the families and survivors of this terrible tragedy. A fire crew saved my life once upon a time, the value of their service, their dedication and their courage can't be overstated.

My comments about the Red Cross were simply meant to correct a rather glaring error about how they spend donations.
  4. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Thanks John E for your support:clap
  5. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    Just got back from Eric Marsh's funeral and I was fortunate to attend the memorial yesterday at Tim's Toyota Center. I have never seen such a well organized heartfelt tribute in my life. Makes me proud to be from Prescott and gives me a new appreciation for what the Forest service, firefighters and land management does so we have a place to enjoy.
    I hope people don't get so worried of being ripped off that they're afraid to help.
  6. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Thanks Bob. Paranoia/fear will also shorten your life:D Also very proud of all people, here & elsewhere, & their support since this tragedy. PS decals looking great on my bikes.
  7. Reidy008

Reidy008 I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer:
    Bob, I think you know me a little bit so hopefully you know it's not my goal to scare people away from helping nor am I worried about being ripped off. I do worry that others maybe taken advantage of though.

I am very fortunate to be working with others and we have committed to not only raise a minimum of $25,000.00 but we are also going to match what ever funds are raised with another $25,000.00 as well.

This money will be going to the Arizona 100 club and distributed to the families of the brave 19. If anyone wants to be involved in this please let me know.
  8. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap
  9. rattlecan

rattlecan Caffeine Driven

Oddometer:
    Awesome Reidy! Too bad there's a bunch of creeps out there that we need to watch out for. Good on ya mate!
  10. refokus

refokus Hmmmmmm Supporter

Oddometer:
    Drew, that is awesome................count me in to help. :clap
  11. Kevinsterner

Kevinsterner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Tom. Just ordered 5 stickers.
    God Bless their families and Friends.
  12. Kevinsterner

Oddometer:
    Well said Tom. These guys love what they do and we love them for for what they do.
  13. Kevinsterner

Oddometer:
    I agree
  14. sealsam

sealsam Sam...I am. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Our Seal Beach hero is home!

Kevin Woyjeck RIP!

Stickers ordered.
  15. sandwash

sandwash Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am not a fire fighter,this has nothing to do with me
    .That's the the job they wanted to do,they know what can happen.Every Birthday,holiday or some type of family get together, they will not be there and will be reminded for who they are/where and what they did.It's the friends and family that have to live with it because they are the living not the dead and that's who I feel for the most.
    My two stickers that I bought will be placed where they can be seen the most.
    It was a hell of a day for AZ and Fire Fighter's all over the world.
  16. utefan

utefan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    AZ-TOM thanks for putting this together - stickers ordered!
  17. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Thank you. It seems like a small amount but with ADV Rider it will add up. I have heard the donations totaling over $1,000,000 but when you think how many kids, their education, Wives with mortgages & being sole provider for their Family it will go quickly.
  18. utefan

utefan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I cannot even imagine how fast the donations will go for 19 families. All we can do is our part and pray for them!
  19. AZJOE

AZJOE n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Tom, Long time no see! Thanks for the link, I just ordered a set for my cars and truck. See ya on the trail.

Joe
  20. AZ TOM

Oddometer:
    Joe T is that you? How are you?