KTM 1190 problems?

Discussion in 'Hard. Core. (1090/1190/1290)' started by AdvStrider, Jul 25, 2013.

1. RobZorba

RobZorba Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is the rear rotor scratched at all? If so there could be a small stone embedded in the rear pads. If that is OK, then water or air contamination in the rear brake fluid circuit could cause the symptoms you describe. Get the dealer to drain, replace and bleed the rear brake fluid following the procedure in the service manual.
  2. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check that the pedal return spring is not broken
  3. tagentry

tagentry Northwest Silverback

Oddometer:
    My headset has loosened after only 1500 miles. I understand it's a common issue, but I'm wondering if I will have to check it every 1K miles or was it just too loose from the factory and an annual/semi-annual inspection will do?
    :ear
  4. umitc

umitc Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Mine loosened too; now I am travelling, loosened again. By the way, when I started the trip, resetted the Trip 2, last week at roughly 7500 km, suddenly Trip 2 resetted itself.
  5. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__YGDMDZXoo

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

What GREAT advertising for KTM and their fully tested Adventure....having to be pulled started your entire trip cause your new bike is foobar from, dust....that guy must be riding a new GSA by now...:lol3..I know my attorney is.
  6. scudrunner82

scudrunner82 combustion addict

Oddometer:

Pretty common thing to happen on new motorcycles. My 1190 did it, as well as a Super Tenere I used to have. Just remove the nut and dab a little loc-tite and torque to spec. It should stay tight from there out. :thumb
  7. PS-RagE

PS-RagE Long timer

Oddometer:
    It must suck to hate your bike so much? Does it make you angry every time you look at it in your garage?
  8. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Been here a little too long

Oddometer:
    How many pages ago was that video posted ?? old news Y a w n
  9. scudrunner82

Oddometer:
    People, please stop feeding the troll. :cob
  10. motomuppet

motomuppet Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My headset has come loose for the fifth time now. First three times I took it too the dealer, as I figured they should be aware of it, and they should figure it out eventually. I was wrong. Forth time it came loose I did it myself...loosened the top fork bolts and the top triple clamp nut then tried to figure out how to tighten the wierd headset nut....and I snapped the wee tool I found in the standard tool kit that sort of fit! How are you guys torquing this thing down...what tool are you using? Anyone have a picture of the tool?
  11. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=919

I'm no good at pictures, but this is similar to what I used. These used to be common in factory tool kits. I used the one from my Ural tool kit.:clap
  12. motomuppet

motomuppet Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Ahh...I tried a ring spanner, but had a hard time getting it to fit correctly, and was worried it would gouge the soft alu ring nut! thanks for that!
  13. mlyamkaw

mlyamkaw Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer:
    I cranked it down tight! Better would have been to take it apart and put some loctite in there. That will be next time if it comes loose again.
  14. Bluesilver

Bluesilver Long timer

Oddometer:
    There are plenty of posts on this.

Dealers are thread locking the nut and it works....shyte KTM should share this information globally...:huh..then more than HALF the crap they having can be sorted quick and we can enjoy the bikes not spend sooo much time at their workshops.
  15. CHRIS_D

CHRIS_D Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually I heard BMW has this problem all sorted out, you may want to sell the 1190 and consider buying one. :deal
  16. Leboost

Leboost Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Have a MY14 so far with 5000+ km; ambient air sensor failure,(snapped 'cause of the tie wrap was too tight holding it at the ABS sensor & brake hose junction below cowl @ horn under plate support) triple 3 clamp bearing loosening (fixed with higer torque being applied twice), spark plug gasket o ring head gasket sprayin' oil through the weep hole below the SAS plate of the rear cylinder (pending fixin')...Minor to the Whoot factor it provides...:1drink
  17. car94

car94 What's this Box for?

Oddometer:
    My High beam switch will not stay on! I changed the DRL position to on and was sitting in front of a window and tried the Switch and if push it forward it goes back to low and same if I pull it in. This and the Speedometer being off by 8 mph is enough for me to get online and whine!:D
    [​IMG]
  18. Taka JPN

Taka JPN Adventurer

Oddometer:
    2013 Adv R, 4300km, 4 months riding
    During highway 4 hours riding under heavy rain, both winkers stopped working
    And the message showed up "General Failure"
    I did nothing for 1 week and brought it to my dealer for fixing, and on the way to there
    It suddenly came back.

My dealers computer did not find any error log and no cause for this error found.
    I will keep riding until second same problem happen.
  19. scudrunner82

Oddometer:

:poser
  20. 1190ADV

1190ADV Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When tightening the loosening steering head nut, is there a specific torque you are trying to achieve? The best I could find in the manual was 8.4 Ft lbs, not sure if I'm looking at the correct thing or not. I tightened mine the other day but don't think I got it tight enough, so I wanted to recheck it and put some thread locker on.