Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    :1drink'
    Brett

You spent the money to buy that new bike, now spend a few more $ and call Bob Riker. He will completely set up your bike with the proper springs and all.

It's really cheap enough to not have to deal with it.

Tell him Rick sent you.......lol....ok Wayne and Rick....

:deal
  2. reidinitaly

reidinitaly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I changed both front and rear springs on mine. I also reset the oil level in the forks (they weren't even and they were both on the low side). I left in the 5mm spacer but ended up backing off the top pre-load adjustment to 1 turn from full soft (standard is two turns). Ask Vic, Ian, Bruce, or anyone else who's ridden my bike, it's perfectly ballanced and rides where it needs to in the stroke. It takes a little playing around on getting the rear sag set just right, it's not really "find the correct numbers" and your done, mine needed a bit more pre-load to keep the forks working properly. Yes, I did say the rear needed more preload to help the forks operate smoothly...

Long story short, I'm willing to help if you can make it to Crestview...

BTW, I'm 195lbs and ride at the faster side the spectrum. I went with a PDS4 in the rear and 4.6kg up front.
  3. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:
    [FONT=arial, sans-serif]From Wayne Briske Regarding the Whiting Field OHV Park:

[/FONT]"Thank you to all the volunteers that have gone out and trimmed and "ridden in" the trails. There is still more trails to trim and ride in so please try to plan on getting out there and helping. We got a report of a large nest of ground hornets South of access road 8 around trail section A, B, C of our existing trails. We have a couple of brave members that have some experience in eradicating these pests and will be handling it soon. In the meantime please be careful in that area of the property. The middle eastern section of the trails (by the road 6 spur and north of road 7) still need a lot of attention. Those were the last trails put in and they never really got ridden much. ATV's seem to have the most impact when riding the trails but we need the bikes to ride these trails as well to develop good lines. Remember to bring a cutting tool with you for anything you come across. Anyone that goes to the property to work please let me know and give a report after you leave.

Please plan on attending our meeting on August 15th 6:30pm at The OVAL OFFICE restaurant 4241 Avalon Blvd Milton, FL.

For those of you that need directions take I-10 to Avalon Blvd then go North. The Oval Office will be on your left almost to Hwy 90 (next door to the Bingo Place and just north of the big curve in Avalon Blvd). From Hwy 90, go south on Avalon and the restaurant will be on your right (next to the Bingo place) Remember to review the proposed operating agreement for the next meeting and bring your additions, deletions and corrections. We also will be talking about club officers, social media/web sites and a bunch more. The restaurant is giving us tables to have our meeting. Although they are not requiring each person to buy a meal we certainly hope you will consider supporting them since they are giving us a meeting space!

Now a couple other house keeping items. 1) When going to the site please either park in our "old" parking area or stay completely on the gravel. The construction company has seeded the soil so that grass will grow and help stabilize the ground. 2) I would ask that you not ride your bikes on these areas and certainly not in the retention ponds as well. Keep all vehicles on the gravel portions of the parking areas. 3) Stay off of the silt fences. 4) The trails have gotten cleaned up pretty good but there is still work to be done. When you go out to the site ride your machine on the different sections; when you find a spot that needs attention please stop and take care of it. PLEASE REMEMBER WE DON'T CUT DOWN LIVE TREE'S. Cutting dead fallen trees or underbrush is acceptable. There is always a way to move the trail around tree's. We want the property to be as wooded as possible to stay cool and enhance the experience.

Unfortunately a disturbing thing happened this weekend at the riding area. Someone on a motorcycle rode down Red Bird Trail and purposely knocked over everyone of the "construction site" signs. It was very evident that this person intentionally did this. You could see the tire tracks along the road, they would turn off, knock down the sign and then go back onto the road. The really sad thing is that this happened on Sunday when our big group of riders was out there. The signs were up when we arrived and down when Ben was leaving. He put the signs back up.
    To the person who has done this; this is totally unacceptable and you are not welcome back at the property! Anyone who is caught doing something stupid like this or vandalizing the property in any way will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. This riding area has taken YEARS to get approved and under construction and we don't need some one ruining it. I would urge all of you "regulars" to help us police what goes on at the property. We will be implementing a "Trail Marshall" program soon and will be discussing at the meeting.

We are starting to get a lot of interest in the park (which is a good thing) but along with this increase in visitors we all need to work to make this a safe and responsible place to ride. Everyone please "think" and help us so we don't have problems. Remember the park is NOT open to the public yet. Everyone that visits the property must sign up as a volunteer and get a volunteer badge. "

--

Wayne Briske Senior Vice President
    Commercial Loans
  4. Hatch

Hatch Perpetually lost

Oddometer:
    dude, hate to hear it. I'll ask around.

we just so happen to have a serious suspension guru local - his name is Riker. all his recommendations are spot on.

man, I have a terrible time remembering who's who on here these days but I reckon i'll see you at the meeting tomorrow. btw, I did open a new thread that is dedicated to the Whiting Field OHV, that way the PAR thread doesn't get too congested with "205" information.. plus, I don't think that many on here are interested.. :(:
  5. Dr. Philgood

Dr. Philgood Living The Dream!!

Oddometer:

Set-up perfectly! I rode it and it was bad-ass! BY the way, are you ready to sell it:lol3
  6. reidinitaly

Oddometer:
    Just 'cause I haven't ridden her much doesn't mean she's up for sale :D!!! ZERO intentions of selling.... but thanks for the inquiry though... BTW, I do have an '07 Honda CRF-150F for sale - asking $1498 - that may fit your in-seam a bit better :lol3
  7. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:

When I had my susp overhauled i contacted Bob Riker a few times to no avail. Even spoke with the Mrs. and he never returned my calls. Oh well. Must have been busy.. Anyhow I just sent all my suspension parts (front and rear) to Ktm World up by Atlanta. They hooked me up. Bike felt great after they did it.

Now I am going to get a new rear shock spring by factory connection. My stock is maxed out on preload, to soft..
  8. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

I truely love understatement!

Mr. Reidinitaly you are a class act and I would love to see you "unleashed" but then you would just disappear...

Let me know when you are ready to rock and roll....:clap:clap:clap

BTW - I beleave the PAR has riders adventuring in the rocks as we speek. How are you guys doing. Dont you FF's at least check you ipones....

Ride Report!:evil
  9. HonMudDog

HonMudDog "ORIGINAL" LowBudgetRider

Oddometer:
    Good day ADV mongrels,
    Few and far between Johnny P in P'cola here, I don't know your weight but I have a couple used rear shock springs for KTM's.
    One factory connection rear spring, orange w/stamped factory connection & part # 145621 FCW 3 (this is a 8.0 kg- 10.3 kg spring)
    I also have a white rear spring KTM PDS #71-907260 (260), I recently had to re-spring my 03 KTM & needed/bought a PDS 250 for my light arss & ride.
    Make me an offer for either one as they are not needed on my end, I will be at Whiting Feild ORV (NWFSA M/C) meeting tommorow night at 6:30 pm if you want me to bring along for a look see to verify stamped #'s or you can PM me to set a meet-up or possible ride this weekend.
    Please save me some time digging back thru pages & word-up on Cheaha & Turkey trot dates ? lazy inept computer idiot.
    Appreciate you fellows,
    JP
  10. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Johnny,
    Trot IV is November 2/3/4 at Spec Pond like last year. Madhouse will confirm Cheaha ride (I think Oct 26/27/28 but confirm with him).
  11. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    No dam violin needed mang. At 51, almost 52, and w/3 adult kids, I understand.

Man - I wish I knew of someone right off the bat. We aren't (or haven't been) that far away at all. Ticks me off no solution or answer is at hand for you bro.

Spurz Dude is MY riding bud! :D !
  12. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    JP Honmudog too!

:clap
  13. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes JP,,,what Vic said.
    Gonna be great ridin with you again!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xjwZroeuQ5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. reidinitaly

Oddometer:
    Vic - You sure know how to make this FF blush :rofl, I'll keep you posted as to when the next ride for me will be... I have to plan things nearly day by day right now... Damn my SLUG is dumb...:cry

BT

Boats,

Check your messages brother, need to know how you want contact made...
  15. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ok. Some MSgt was riding a KTM 525 EXC on hwy 85 from Crestview this morning like a madman. On full knobby tires. Anybody know who this cat is? Was not me.
  16. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Its funny but I tend to think that all MC riders are aware of ADV and should be on the PAR... not so...

Lots of riders out there who dont know and dont care about group gropes...

Haveing said that - any riding plans for this weekend... or even Friday morning?

Several want to go Sunday to BW again!

What happened to all those n00bs out there? Would there be any interest in a n00b ride this weekend?

Im riding somewhere....
  17. bzrider

bzrider Long timer

Oddometer:
    I jusg to ride t got back home ,I am going o ride on sat. The plan is a good trip around blackwater ,no particular area or route . Some nOObs posted ,they wanted a beginner ride ,Inept said he was in so it looks like a ride ..:lol3
  18. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Friday morning might be good. PM me Vic to work details.
  19. Rob Dirt

Rob Dirt Riding my blues away

Oddometer:
  20. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Barbers Vintage Days will be here soon.
    Oct 12-13-14

http://www.barbervintagefestival.org/

Usually stay at Drury Inn 459 and 280.
    Suggest reservations.
    There is a cool back route to Barbers.

Looking forward to Barbers, Cheaha, and Trot coming up back to back to back! :clap