New Desert/Enduro Gas Tank for the SE950R

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by PowerCell, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    Yep, just fitting so far. I like the feel of the tank when sitting on the bike. I need to decide where/how to mount the fuel pump. Mounting it to the frame of the bike makes sense and would make tank removal easier. Especially with the new fuel taps!
  2. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    So there is NO instruction/suggestion on fuel pump mounting? PLEASE let me know what you come up with. I'll pm ken as well & sea what his thoughts/suggestions are. Thanks

RIDE ON!
  3. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    The instructions are really good. There are mounting points on the tank in the stock location too. I'm just thinking about doing something different.
  4. unaweep

unaweep Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer:
    Yardstick: Your garage looks a lot like mine with an SE and a 990R penned up in there!:lol3

What's going on with your center stand?
  5. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    There's a 530 on the other side. The pics of the tank caps were taken on the 530's seat. :lol3

The SE's center stand came off my old 2005.5 950 Adv S that had the travel extended 245mm to 265mm. The Adv got a new, long center stand and the SE got the hand-me-down. The shorter center stand on the SE is stable enough to park it but both wheels still contact the ground. It needs a boost for cleaning/lubing the chain or changing the tire.
  6. unaweep

Oddometer:
    :clap

I just sold 2 530s last year and bought 2 500s to replace them!:lol3

I figgered the center stand was probably off a shorter Adv, but was curious if perhaps you'd lengthened the travel. Cheers! :beer
  7. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    Nice! I have been thinking about adding a 500. PM incoming.
  8. PowerCell

PowerCell Manufacture Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

9. PowerCell

Oddometer:

It's not the best picture, but it's the only one I have on my network here in the office. Here's where and how I mounted mine:

It's located in the exact spot as the stock pump, only mounted to a custom bracket that supports my radiator. Of course mine's fuel injected, but the pump sizes are pretty similar. As you can see, the pump is rubber mounted so I don't have to listen to it as I ride...

[​IMG]

10. Yardstick

Yardstick Hydrophobic

Oddometer:
    I'm appreciating your SE's setup more and more. I would like EFI (love it on the 990!) and I have some pretty serious dings in the front of my skid plate since it sticks out so far because that oil tank. :lol3 One of these days... Maybe.

The stock pump should work in any orientation. They are mounted horizontal on the 950 Adventures. I'll see what I can come up with later today.
  11. DavidKXF

DavidKXF Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will it possible for me in South Africa to order a tank from you?
  12. PowerCell

Oddometer:
    Yes it is, but shipping could be very high due to the size of shipping box this tank requires.

13. PowerCell

Oddometer:

You're welcome! :thumb

14. Dan950ser

Dan950ser Two Wheeled Addict

Oddometer:
    Man seeing pictures makes me so excited to get my black tank. Can't wait looks great man.
  15. B50Paul

B50Paul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any pictures of black tanks , while waiting for mine ? :clap:clap:clap
  16. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    So finally some time to strip the bike down & start checking things out connection & mounting wise. First issue i have is the tank hitting my EMIG post hardware, which keeps it from going full forward & not being able to install the rear mount sercure screw. Got to figure out something there. Next up is the fuel line routing, keeping the STOCK routing & installing inline fuel filters will be trickey. Last of all is the connections for the pump & sensor level, previously the connections were accessible from the front of the tank & then had the cover plate, not the case now. Hopefully Ken will chime in with his knowledge & expertise.

Fuel filters inline, will there possible be an issue with flow volume?
  17. PowerCell

Oddometer:

Hey Shawn, can you post some pictures of your Emig setup so we can see the interference. The tank clears both the Scott/Ohlins and RTT. You'll probably need to remove some material off your Emig, but let's have a look first.

As for the fuel line routing and connecting your fuel pump/fuel level sender, you can refer to the SM950, as they are the same as for this tank. Nothing too hair raising here...

If you still can't get her sorted, give me a call. I PM'd my number to you...

Regards ~ Ken

18. unaweep

Oddometer:
    Ken- I'm just now getting to the installation of my tank. WOW!

The fit is perfect and it is going to be able to be removed in half the time of the stock tank. It is securely fastened to the bike- no slop whatsover. NONE. It looks phenomenol. Install was a breeze.

Bravo!:clap

Thank you for taking on this project and obviously devoting a lot of time and attention to detail in this production. :thumb
  19. dzrtracin

dzrtracin возьми

Oddometer:
    :clapSo, go the NEW tank installed & did some putting around at the NEW & unimproved rowher flats:lol3 (sorry couldn't resist) Having the emig dampner set up on my bike I needed to do a little material removal on the post hardware, piece of cake really, just filed some away & bingo, were in business. Routed the plumbing with same basic stock setup and added a nice 2 piece machined inline filter with replaceable core. Until I do my motoholligan mod this works out perfect.

All I can say is WOW as to how incrediable the ergos are & the overall feel with SM seat conversion as well. This tank is SLIM & a beautiful fit on the SE & really transforms the bike into a REAL motocross feeling machine. Peter the GRINCH will even attest to it himself:D

Again, THANK YOU Ken for your time effort on this project & being a true professional. Anybody here going to DVnr will get a chance to check it out themselves in person. Until then boys

RIDE ON!
  20. Xmoto

Xmoto Death Race

Oddometer:
    +1

I need some eye candy to help me pull the trigger.