The 2012 CRF250L thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by dfhmotor, Nov 10, 2011.

1. nbrooks

nbrooks Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

My latest Plasti Dip mods. I have ridden a lot in the desert and mountain trails since the dip was done. It has held up much better that I expected. I did about 6 coats to make it more durable. Cheap mod and I like the look. Several stock CRF250Ls running around town now, so this makes mine....... well mine.
  2. mototifosi

mototifosi What does this one do?

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys... just what I was hoping to hear. Was the clear you used also a "Plasti-dip" product?

Sorry, didn't mean for the mini hi-jack... "you can go on about your business...nothing to see here" :1drink
  3. Bwondzuki

Bwondzuki n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know if the Kijima luggage rack and Plot bash plate are available in the US yet? I picked up my 250L last August and would like to start bolting on some essentials.
  4. Bwondzuki

Bwondzuki n00b

Oddometer:
    Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these? See page 37 of this thread for photo.
  5. zoldar

zoldar Adventurer

Oddometer:
  6. dirtdevil8

dirtdevil8 n00b

Oddometer:
  7. trainman

trainman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I had the DRC LED Tail Lamp on my DRZ, was waiting for one for the CRF250L. Is that a kit you show a pic of, or is that the DRC Tail Lamp with the 12OCLOCK LED conservation two separate items. Looks great, I got to get one of those.

John
  8. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    Just got a Chrome MALWARE AHEAD warning coming to this thread....anyone else???
  9. rockinrog

rockinrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I am using chrome on a MAC-no problems or alerts.
  10. dirtdevil8

dirtdevil8 n00b

Oddometer:
    It comes as a kit with the light, 12 labs board, and a custom bracket for the CRFL.
  11. dirtdevil8

dirtdevil8 n00b

Oddometer:
  12. SugarDust

SugarDust Kulia i ka nu'u

Oddometer:

I got one too for xmas - will have to get the time to install it and a Q4 too!
  13. cat

cat Long timer

Oddometer:
    DRC Edge tail lights are too dim, they use crappy old LEDs, cheap LEDs. They should be SMD / surface mount LED.
  14. goondock

goondock Adventurer

Oddometer:

i guess i would have to do some local research but do you have to have blinkers sticking out to pass inspection? i live in PA not sure if someone knew off hand.. if not no worries i will do some research.
  15. cat

cat Long timer

Oddometer:
    i just watched the vid.
    In most places, turn signals must be amber. Unless i'm mistaken, that board flashes the red tail light / brake light LEDs for turn signals. (Or they are white LEDs through a red lens.)

Yes, in some places, regulations specify minimum distance between turn signals.
  16. goondock

goondock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That is kinda what I heard as well. when i find out i will know.. I love the look and tidyness of this tail light but some joker sitting at a desk writing the rules is going to ruin it for me. oh well. i understand rules but back in the day when the rules were written they didnt have led's I am sure this turn signal/ tail light is way brighter than the stock bulbs..

oh well
  17. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    me too...

FWIW, you will probably fail PA state vehicle inspection without separate turn lenses.
  18. trainman

trainman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In Texas you do not have to have turn signals on a bike for a state inspection, but if they are on the bike they have to work. The LED tail lamp that you have will pass state inspection in Texas, no requirement for what type or style it has to be, just needs to flash. We probably have the most lenient laws for making a dirt bike street legal in Texas, very easy to do.

John
  19. strongbad

strongbad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. Ed@Ford

Ed@Ford Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting the motard is rated at 23 horse...like CBR...unlike our 20 horse CRF...but wait & see