Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Wayne probably won't be bad this time of year, especially if we go where Ron and I rode last time - the loop over off by itself was utterly deserted and it was a nice busy weekend. I'm fine with riding there, if you wanna check it out.

It's still archery season, hunters are a possibility anywhere we go but bow guys will likely be deep in the woods away from where we will be riding. I'd rather deal with arrows than slugs anyway.

Whatever suits ya, I'm easy.
  2. invisible monster

invisible monster Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That area of Wayne was super-fun by the way. I would be tempted to ride the 690 if we go there.

I'm not as concerned about hunting season now as I will be when the shotgunfest starts.
  3. R.P.

R.P. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I ride the Wayne trails a few times each year and really enjoy it when it's not too crowded. This weekend is likely to be fairly busy because the trail fees have been waived by the Forest Service for Veterans Day Weekend (Nov. 10, 11, 12). Having said that, I'll be part of the crowd since I promised to take my 14 year-old there for a weekend of riding. Last year I rode several times on weekends from mid Nov. - mid Dec. and didn't have any issues with hunters or crowds.
  4. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I'm still down for Wayne, even if it's a busy weekend I'm still pretty confident the loop we rode last time will be deserted...so we'd just have the run down from New Straitsville to deal with any traffic, but in the morning that won't be much of an issue. It was a nice way to go last time, ride down to Nelsonville and get some lunch, ride back up and hit the other loop....made for a good ride.

Plus, free is right up my alley.
  5. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Free Wayne sounds excellent! New Straightsville looks to be about an hour and a half for me.

BTW, I did my tar hallow loop today and found a shit ton of people; might be the last time I head down there till after the initial surge of hunting season.
  6. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    Cool, let's plan on the New Straitsville trailhead Sunday at 10am then.

Oh, that reminds me I gotta get a new batt. for the KTM...and pack wet-wipes in case I demonstrate my 1-man mud rasslin again. Ron appreciated it, I know.

[​IMG]

:lol3
  7. Sp4Mike

Sp4Mike Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  8. Moparmanpete

Moparmanpete The Cracken has risen!...maybe? NOPE

Oddometer:
    There's so many times I wanted to but haven't :lol3
    I have yet to see anyone in my town do it.
  9. swingset

swingset Got the knack.

Oddometer:
    I've split lanes several times in heavy traffic, mostly when I'm ass-end-charlie I'll just go to the right around the stopped traffic.

I never figured it was legal or even gray area, was just prepared to get a ticket but I'd rather split than get crushed when someone doesn't see me.
  10. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    I've seen it more than once. Regrettably at 70+ mph speeds too. I just avoid the traffic on the bike. Zero tickets that I've seen or heard of from it.
  11. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I have filtered a time or two here, but it really pisses people off. Standard practice in Asia. it gets you out of their way & them out of your way. Win-Win.

I'm pretty sure they would have the death penalty in OH for lane splitting. I'm certain it is still in effect for 25 MPH+ speeding.
  12. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    BTW my WR came with a lowering link I do not want. Since there are so many people on here I thought I would offer it up.

= swap for a stock one & we can do the exchange at my place.

Not certain of the brand, but it is a nice, billet aluminum, anodized black.
  13. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I saw it earlier this year when I was held captive in California. I thought it weird considering the state is so uptight, but the tree huggers must think lane splitting is less evil than idling in traffic and burning gas.
  14. BOB RAMSAY

BOB RAMSAY Not in the Clique -

Oddometer:
    Just checked the Wayne website - everyone gets a free ride courtesy of our Veterans.

Thanks Vets!

BR
  15. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Very tempting. :evil
  16. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the tip. I tried it today and it was much easier.
  17. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    I`m going to check with Jim Stilwagon and see what he thinks of lane splitting:D
  18. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Ride on! :D
  19. BigOhio

BigOhio Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not up to full strength but I might be up for attempting it. Any other gimps out there that are willing to bring up the rear with me? :freaky
  20. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    Chicago actually actually advertises on the electronic freeway information signs to "dial 911 for any erratic riding or lane splitting by motorcycles"