Pennsylvania Tag-o-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by Skyclad, Aug 12, 2008.

1. mike21b

mike21b Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Main worry about dropping a KLR is if it falls ON you. Downhill. With a full tank of gas.

I gave up trying to get the durn thing off of me, and finally just wiggled and pulled the leg out from underneath.

The KLR and I were not hurt. Actually, I think the KLR liked it.
  2. GS750T

GS750T GS750T

Oddometer:
    Dennis hope you are OK after the down rat, did the same last winter tagging with the Uly. Was the first ride with the carabous!!

[​IMG]

I have an 06 KLR for sale if youre interested.

[​IMG]
  3. Mark5PA

Mark5PA Long timer

Oddometer:
    Funny you should mention it, I just bought a '99 KLR650, off Craig's List. Come to find out, he was one of my flight students years ago, lives in Centermoreland. Asking $1500, got it for $1200, without even asking! Nice shape, 20k+ miles. Like you, wanted something I could beat, and still find parts for (unlike my 2 NX's).
    I've been busy at the store, but after the holiday's, I'll be a taggin'. Thinkin' about spikes.

Take care Dennis. Stop in if you're up this way.
  4. markcap

markcap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dennis, I hope you are ok. Really hurts, those pesky slips on ice. Been there myself. Good way to tear some ligaments or more.....
    Just traded my KLR for the BMW in my tag. KLR's can easily be found in PA. You shouldn't have any trouble locating a decent machine.

Ok, back to TOR.

New tag, check my earlier post for the clue. Closer to center of town.

Weather Report for this location:

Tonight: A slight chance of showers after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 36. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: A slight chance of showers before 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 49. West wind between 5 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday Night: A slight chance of snow showers after 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind between 13 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday: A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. West wind between 13 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://static.pbsrc.com/flash/input.swf" style="" id="IMGTag-code" bgcolor="transparent" quality="high" name="IMGTag-code" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" swliveconnect="true" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="ipt=%5BIMG%5Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fi497.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Frr335%2Fcapozzm%2FCopyofMorejunk010.jpg%5B%2FIMG%5D&trk=image_code_click_FULLVIEW_IMG&width=175&height=21&color=#000000&border=#BDBDBD&cont=IMGTagContainer" width="175" height="21">
  5. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer:
    Go get it Dennis! It's not that far away...
  6. pfuey

pfuey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Markcap if I didn't have this annoying job cramping my style, I'd be all over that tag!
  7. NachoRoto

NachoRoto Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer:
    I am pretty sure this tag is in his back yard. And I think I know where it is. But I cannot be 100% I have the correct location. But I am 99%. The body of water seems to have only one sport were there are houses. And on that spot, there is only a small section were the cars can park that way near teh water. But my street view is not good enough to see the houses in the background. They are different.
  8. NachoRoto

Oddometer:
    Got it. Now I am 100%. I found the houses in the water reflection in teh shot where he adv'd in the dirt.
  9. markcap

markcap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about the mallards... can't you find the ducks too....:rofl

Take some bread crust for the ducks...
  10. modgethanc

modgethanc spray and pray

Oddometer:
    Looks like fun...! I've been keeping an eye on this thread for about a month now; would any of you tagging vets like to take a noob out to get one if it ever comes out west again? I got my bike just in time to winterize it, but if it's not wet or icy out I'm not adverse to riding in the cold. I am pretty good at finding the tags on a map, I just don't have any riding experience outside of short local treks under my belt.
  11. NachoRoto

Oddometer:
    After I pick it up today I will be bringing it to your area. You can help find someplace remote to hide it........:evil
  12. wizze

wizze Wizze = Wise

Oddometer:
    WTF? Back to Pittsburgh?? What about us southern folks (Philly doesn't count)? The south will rise again!! :nod
  13. dirtymartini

Oddometer:
    I think Dennis just likes to stir the pot :pot
  14. Snowfreak

Snowfreak Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just a little........:lurk
  15. NachoRoto

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

One pot about to be stirred.
  16. NachoRoto

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This man made channal was used to float coal to Allentown. I will post more when I get to Pittsburg.
  17. Snowfreak

Snowfreak Long timer

Oddometer:
    One day you're sliding on your ass in a parking lot and the next you're heading to Pittsburg.................:huh

Ride safe :beer
  18. dirtymartini

Oddometer:
    Code:
    I will post more when I get to Pittsburg.
    Turncoat!!!:rofl
  19. modgethanc

modgethanc spray and pray

Oddometer:
    There are like ten awesome spots in Pittsburgh that I've been dying to drop a tag! I am planning to ditch work sometime between now and the weekend to go for a ride :D
  20. cyclejohn

cyclejohn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sounds like the makings of a future tag-a holic. :evil :evil