Any Rally Interest in Mid TN?

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by assquatch20, May 21, 2013.

1. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    So I've been playing with this idea for a couple years now, and I think I could pull it together. I'd like to maybe give it a go next summer if there's an appeal.

Anyway, would anybody be down for a few days on the lake somewhere between June-August 2014?

Dale Hollow Lake, specifically. Not sure on which campground as I've got to get the recreation folks to work with me if I'm gonna secure one of theirs. There are other campgrounds, though.

If you're not familiar with the area, it's got good offroading sites (Alpine Mtn. WMA is a favorite) and decent highway. Nothing like further east, but fun and not nearly as crowded.

Anyhow, any advice on this is also greatly appreciated, but I'm wondering if anybody would really turn up. Reply and let me know!
  2. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nothing?
  3. graygoat657

graygoat657 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Try the Mid DN Dualsport ride thread. A post in there might get some folks.
  4. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  5. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    I'm probably game, a bit far out right now, but I am interested.

What the D/S riding like in the area? I'm not particularly interested in single track stuff, and I've not ridden in that area yet, so I'm not sure what is around.
  6. jake71

jake71 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm interested if you want to do something big bike KLR 650 friendly.
  7. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I would consider it, live SE of Crossville :ear
  8. graygoat657

graygoat657 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Can you tell us more about the terrain? Some single track is fine, but not looking to spend the day bench pressing my bike.
  9. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    Hmmmmmmmmm
  10. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm all for it. There's plenty of good roads in that area and a lot to explore.
  11. ADV13TL

ADV13TL Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Interested!
  12. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Honestly I've only covered a very small portion of the trails here in the past few years, so I'll have to brush up to know what's what again. Alpine is good for all comers, most trails up there will accommodate 4 wheels, as ATV's and RZR's are really popular here. Getting landowners to be nice on some spots I like would be nice, as it would open up some of my old spots that are pretty intense at times.

I'll have to ask around about the more technical stuff, but there shouldn't be a shortage of it. I'm really gonna need more ADV-friendly help to get all the potential rides together. Not a ton of members in my area, but I'll ask those I know. That's been by biggest hypothetical hurdle so far, getting the help together. I've also asked Cuttle for some pointers, but she's a busy woman.
  13. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't comment on the DS stuff down there but, there is a LOT of good roads in that area of Ky and Tenn. Only other suggestion I can make is to be careful about the time of year...it gets really hot and muggy during the summers around there.
  14. assquatch20

assquatch20 Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 I would definitely say everybody needs to stay hydrated on rides, but my thinking is you can dress light around the campsite, get by just fine with a cheapie sleeping bag at night, and there's an awesome lake to hop in for a swim if you ain't skeered of being half naked with a bunch of people from the internet. If the RDV can get men in dresses, I think I can get folks to relax enough to enjoy the setting I have in mind.

It's all for nothing if I can't come up with a fun trip, anyhow. I'll say it again, though, I'm definitely gonna need some folks that are up to leading rides and scouting out some spots I may not have on the radar yet. I've got some decent 50/50 rides figured out, and Alpine for mostly mellow but almost entirely offroad, as well as the state roads around here for street stuff, but I'm still needing to put together some more.
  15. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll "lead" a street ride.

I have no idea about dirt down there though.
  16. Fboldcrow

Fboldcrow Take time to smell the roses. ATGATT!

Oddometer:
    Yes keep posting more. How about Land Between the Lakes also?
  17. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
    We had a rally at LBL earlier this month, hopefully the first of many spring events there. We have talked about doing one spring and one fall event there each year.
  18. Wallachian Spikes

Wallachian Spikes Long timer

Oddometer:
    Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
    I'm always looking for opportunities to ride. If you put it together, I will come & ride. :D
  19. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hiway 85 from Gainsboro thru Livingston has to be one of my favorite roads in TN.
  20. iyaoyas98

iyaoyas98 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :nod

135 is a hoot too.