The rarest, most unusual bike you've ever OWNED

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by Al Goodwin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. 996DL

996DL Dunning-Kruger PHD

Oddometer:
    For a low production oddity, probably a 1987 CanAm / Armstrong 300AT trials bike, I had some years back.

But presently, I've got to lose the tech dinosaur status next year and learn how to post / transfer digital photos online. :gerg

It's finally time, to sell the minty black and white 86 RG500, I've had oiled up and tucked aside since 2001.

996DL
  2. Bill_Z

Bill_Z Dude! chill,...

Oddometer:
    I owned this bike, in this color, when I was stationed in Hawaii while in the Navy. I crashed it and lived, jumping a curb at about 70mph. Cracked the block so it sat on the front porch for a year while I tried to figure out how to repair it. Eventually sold it just before being discharged. Never had a picture...thanks for the memories.
  3. zeeede

zeeede Long timer

Oddometer:
    want.
  4. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    Both in my garage:

On the right, a 1991 Lemans 1000 CI. One of seventeen imported to the USA that year, the final one for that model.

On the left, a 2004 V11 Lemans Nero Corsa. One of fifty imported to the USA that year, the final one for that model.

[​IMG]
    crk and Steve G. like this.
  5. JRP

JRP Old guy Supporter

Oddometer:
    80 cc Sachs "Boondocker" 4 1/2 HP

I rode this in the late 60's early 70's in more than a few enduros. Even took a first place in one of them.

[​IMG]
  6. corndog67

corndog67 Banned

Oddometer:
    76 Bultaco 360 Astro. Bultaco bought a Champion flattrack frame and copied it. It even had all the original Bultaco thumbs-up bolts. Never finished a race on that bike. Might have been my lack of mechanical prowess at the time, but that bike was a shorttrack weapon. Bought it cheap. Sold it cheap.
  7. Rcrx21

Rcrx21 06 KTM 950SM, 04 WR250F

Oddometer:
    I never knew that and I owned one for almost 20 years!

[​IMG]
  8. GI_JO_NATHAN

GI_JO_NATHAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Interesting. Never heard of it till today.
    Then this pops up.
  9. stussels

stussels chupacabra!

Oddometer:
    looks like an easy fixer upper. its a great all around econo bike. great fuel range. tall gearing. good motor. its a keeper for the money ive got in it:D
    airheadDan likes this.
  10. presto88

presto88 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A BMW R65LS. My first BMW and just a great little bike. I got more positive comments about that old BMW than any other vehicle I've ever owned. Kind of regret selling it, but you can only keep so much stuff, right?

I'd include a picture, but I can't figure out how!
  11. espacef1fan

espacef1fan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not the rarest bikes, BUT everyone always wants to talk to me about them..or they run away...not knowing if their similar looking Hayabusa has enough in it to take it out.... Sounds does alot for a motorcycle.:D

The gray bike is a 99...traded it away. Missed it a week later. That was over a year ago. I fixed that isse..got the yellow one last week;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Walterxr650l

Walterxr650l Long timer

Oddometer:
    1982 Honda CX500TC

Pictures taken in the fall of 83.

On top of Paulina Peak in central OR.
    [​IMG]

The Maine coast.
    [​IMG]
    Near Ashville NC. Heading home to OR. with a Battery in the box on the rear seat because of a failing alternator.
    [​IMG]

Walter
  13. espacef1fan

espacef1fan Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want one of these...
  14. Moronic

Moronic Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Maico MD 250 roadster.

Not sure how many they made. Rotary-valve six-speed premix two-stroke. Great to ride, surfed along on the torque at about 70mph.

Now a restoration job for "one day". (When I'll probably be appalled by how slow it is.)
  15. Rcrx21

Rcrx21 06 KTM 950SM, 04 WR250F

Oddometer:
    Keep in mind it is a single cylinder 600 that is kick start only! This thing has almost sent me over the handle bars more than once trying to start it! It also has a certain "routine" you have to follow to get it start.
    :rofl
    Quote:
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>Originally Posted by fatalerror [​IMG]
    exhaust and seat looks like shit but it can be replaced...

************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************
    http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/3394907645.html

Bought this bike yesterday and love it, but its a little more Dual Sport than I want. I cleaned the carbs, changed the oil and set valve lash. Muzzy pipe sounds awesome!! Petcock needs to be rebuilt ( 5.00 part and 30 minutes of your time) Comes with a brand new rear tire and the black Thor Motorcross helmet in the picture. This thing pulls like a tractor. Shoot me an offer. Also will entertain trades for a smaller dual sport. At least a 350 cc, no off-brands made in South East Asia somewhere. Text ok. 7274817191

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  16. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    I had an R65, semicopy of an RLS.

[​IMG]

Cool Airhead!

Jim :cool:
  17. GI_JO_NATHAN

GI_JO_NATHAN Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh damn!
  18. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    That's a great contrast. Like an iron fist and a Swiss watch.
  19. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    A rickman-matisse framed Harley flat tracker.
    It was all beat up and whatnot from racing, and I didn't know anything about flat track except that all the guys my dad's age used to cut the end off car bumpers to make steel shoes when they did it. It's was just "old man" stuff.

What I really wanted was a Honda Hurricane. So, I sold it to a guy my dad's age who practically soiled himself when he came to pick it up.
  20. motomike14

motomike14 Thumper Crusader Supporter

Oddometer:
    My dad had a 75 Moto Morini 350 for a short period of time about 10 years back. I was in high school and was doing a newspaper pickup for a school organization. While picking up a big load from a hoader's house, I found it under a tarp. Owner had no need or passion for it, so my dad and I came back 2 hours later with $300 in hand. Took it home, got a new battery, cleaned the carbs and it run like a sewing machine. Neat ride; light, but with just enough power. Sold it a year later to a Moto Morini fanatic out of NJ for $1,800. I miss that thing.

[​IMG]