Drz400 Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Britmick, May 4, 2007.

1. RichardU

RichardU Let's Ride

Oddometer:
    If you push them hard on the street, the DRZ will leave a 350 so far behind you will wonder if it died (actual results). If you're tall enough, go for the DRZ.
  2. Carter O

Carter O KLR Carter

Oddometer:
    Hi, I'm new to ADVrider & a DRZ that needs new plastic. Can anyone point me where to look, needing blue. Thanks Carter
  3. DRTT

DRTT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Try Eblag,
    loads for sale on your side of the pond,
    cheers,
    Paddy:freaky
  4. redirt

redirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  5. Xylx

Xylx Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  6. Carter O

Carter O KLR Carter

Oddometer:
    Acerbis @ rocky mtn only has RM sets
  7. AtlasExp

AtlasExp beer me

Oddometer:
    I am sure I will get answer here! What is widest tires that can be installed on DRZ! May be link to some existing treads? Thanks DRZers!:happay
  8. 150ron

150ron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got a quick oil question, i know i know, just want to make sure is all, please dont shoot. :D

ive always used the super expensive full synthetic oils such as, royal purple, redline, motul, lucas and mobil one, with this bike needing 2 quarts, thats gonna be $20+ bucks in just the oil every change, my walmart has the non synthetic valvoline oil 20w-50 or 10w-40 (motorcycle specific, wet clutch approved, air or liquid cooled oil)" for only $3.99 a quart, im thinking that oil should be fine in there for a 1000 miles, seems ok?

anyone here ever use that one?
  9. Chris41483

Chris41483 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I run Rotella t6 synthetic. Available at Walmart. Not too much more money. But seriously, at 2 qts per change, is the couple bucks a big deal?
  10. Muddler

Muddler Long timer

Oddometer:
  11. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

Bel-Ray Thumper is well worth the to $20 oil change. I mean it last for 3000 mile oils and being confident knowing the motor is protected is worth a few extra bucks........................
  12. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    They sell blue plastic for the DRZ, except the headlight shroud, no idea where you would get that.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/3/4/index.shtml
  13. toadl

toadl Long timer

Oddometer:
    I used that Valvoline in my Kawasaki 500 ninja. I really liked it. Seemed to wheelie better, I think it worked well with the clutch and transmission, of course this was before synthetic was a reasonable price. I know use use Mobil One synthetic. I wonder if it would be better to just go back to the valvoline and change oil more often.
  14. The Recycled Teenager

The Recycled Teenager Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sensational stuff :wink:
    Will you be posting pictures anyplace :ear
    Glad you still use film but I switched to digital years ago and have the best of both world now with an adapter so all my original film lens work in manual mode.

You other inmates use your DR's for getting a camera into normally inaccessible places ?
    Or any other fun thing you can carry on the bike to enhance the trip, yes including SWSBO :lol3
  15. 150ron

150ron Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well its a $3.99 a quart vs $11.99+ a quart, so 8 dollar oil change vs a 25 dollar oil change, but yeah i see your point for sure.

I hear lots of good things about Bel-Ray, just have never seen it anywhere around here, but even when i used full synthetics i would never go longer then 1500 miles max.

Right, cheap oil and change it often, or expenisve stuff and keep it in there longer, that is the question :D

Im pretty sure for the next oil change ill spend the $25 bucks on the good stuff tho, cause i do love my bike, and if you actually think about, thats all they really need, good clean oil, a clean air filter and some gas, and :ricky

Right now running the 10w-40 Lucas semi synthetic oil i got at oriely's auto parts for 7 bucks a quart (motorcycle specific tho), great stuff, really like it.
  16. jordan p

jordan p projects > time alloted

Oddometer:
    Well the project 900 dollar drz was sold before I called the guy....so I went to the dealer and bought a new black 2012 drz400s...... I'll pick it up tomorrow :) already have a jet kit en route...gonna see if I can get the dealer to knock a good chunk off a full system...most likely the yoshi. Excited to own another drz...yippppppeeeeeeeee
  17. Carter O

Carter O KLR Carter

Oddometer:
    Does UFO make make headlight shrouds and where can I find one ? I'm also needing a GPS that I can down load tracks.......I'm not a comp whizz .:rofl
  18. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:

Easy peasy, does tracks and routes

Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx Handheld GPS Navigator

google is your friend............................

[​IMG]
  19. Chris41483

Chris41483 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. DR650SEDDY

DR650SEDDY ride2discover

Oddometer:
    From a ride past summer in Northern AZ, mixed terrains. Bit more rocky but it got rockier [​IMG] [​IMG] later that day [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

230 MILES OFF-RD/DAY/3