KTM 690 Enduro Scotts Steering Stabilizer Submount and Framebracket

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Rbott, Oct 17, 2008.

1. mezcal

mezcal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got it thanks, im a short ass at 5'8", 2" rise should be fine as when I am up on the pegs the bars seem a little low.
  2. dep411

dep411 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice stuff
  3. mezcal

mezcal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All fitted up but throttle cable seems a little tight with 2 " risers. Can't remember if this was the case before, catches on radiator overflow cap.
    Awesome bit of kit, credit to you rbott
  4. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    Are the throttle cables routed BEHIND the bars :ear
  5. mezcal

mezcal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yep, they seem ok its just me :D.
    Feels so much better than before, 1 hand off the bars and not even a slight wobble. Yet to hit the rougher trails, thats weekend stuff
  6. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer:
    hi Rbott

do you sell just the pin mount without the handlebar/triple mount?
    if yes - how much?

thx
  7. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes, the frame bracket is $124.95 plus shipping. Email or PM if you would like to place an order.

Ryan
  8. sdd04

sdd04 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Ozarks....SW MO, NW AR-great place to play!
    Does the steering lock still work with your frame bracket?

Thanks
  9. gen

gen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Rbott,

Your setup looks the cleanest out of all of the options out there.

Have you had anyone set up with Fasstco Flexx bars? I'm trying to figure out whether to add more rise on the frame bracket or add more rise from the bars.

Thanks in advance,
  10. Renazco

Renazco Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer:
    Newly designed system with built in handlebar cradle.
    Optional risers should one want to use 1" or 2" rise increments, threaded for 1" Ram ball/ GPS, roadbook, smartphone, etc
    Ryan does a great job :thumb

We have a few left in stock and more being manufactured, let us know if we can help.

690 with Flexx bars,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Tug Boat

Tug Boat Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Top bit of gear Ryan fitted perfect and looks great this is the one to buy .
    Fitting took a bit over an hour.

KTM 690 R 2013 New Zealand :clap
  12. vegemanNZ

vegemanNZ Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi,
    I have standard bar clamps with rox anti-vibe risers. the height above standard must be at least 2" which works well for me and also works with the cables etc.

With the risers there is plenty of room for the scott damper to fit underneath but I would need a very thin triple mount/bracket so as not add extra height to the bars.

BAsically, I don't want to get rid of the rox units yet...so am looking for a real low profile plate. Rbott's nicely machine block seems like the one, and the lowest height is 1"...but as mentioned, that would still add too much height overall.

I was wondering if I could use the rbott 1" mount, and then cut down the standard bar clamps by 1" meaning the overall heught remains the same OR perhaps recess the mount to accept the standard risers.

The other option I guess is to get rid of the rox risers...but I like them.

Thoughts?
  13. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A 1" submount and the stock height bar clamp is the shortest you can go without the handlebar hitting the top of the steering damper. I would recommend getting rid of the Rox risers and using my 2" submount with the KTM PHDS bar mounts. It will be a much better set-up than the Rox risers......

I can supply the whole set-up. PM or email me if you have any questions or would like to place an order.

Ryan
  14. Brown Dog

Brown Dog North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer:
    +1 :nod

Listen to this Wise Man :thumb

The Rox are VERY WEAK & will Bend Easily when bike is dropped.
  15. vegemanNZ

Oddometer:
    I'm sure you will be right, let me get home tonight and measure things up...as I don't want to go lower than the current height as I've finally got everything in the right position for standing.

Let me know the pricing for a complete set...you can PM me if that is better than posting to forum

Ship to New Zealand (ps did Marty from NZ get one?)
  16. vegemanNZ

Oddometer:
    ok...I've measured the bar height and its 3.5" from the triple clamp to the bottom of the handle bar. The other thing that is important to me is that the rox rises allow the bars to go up and forward. With all these fixed setups the taller the bar mounts, the further backwards they go.

there are a couple of pictures here on my flickr photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32677691@N07/10451856514/

[​IMG]
    I may have consider a mount that has the clamps in them, like the renazco one, or maybe Rbott can engineer something similar...I'm sure it can happen. If it's possible to make all that, surely making a top clamp is possible.
  17. Tbone675

Tbone675 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Got this mount for my 690 and it is awesome! 2in rise is perfect and the quality is second to none.
  18. vegemanNZ

Oddometer:
    Hey,
    After some delay due to the craziness of Xmas and trying to ship stuff to me here at the bottom of the world, Ryan's bracket and mounting kit complete with KTM PHDS bar mounts, and scott damper arrived.

First thing I noticed besides the decent packaging was the quality of all the bits...shiney, polished and professional...they all looked so pretty :-D

So, once I finished my dinner...I skulked out to the garage and fitted all the bits. Considering there are no instructions, you do have to have half a brain to work out all the screws but this really wasn't too hard. I did however not want to use the KTM Torx head bolts and opted for hex head as it just makes any adjustment or repair in the field easier...but thats a personal preference and I happen to have them in my workshop.

The precision of the alignment and holes etc, was truly precise and sometimes things that are of such high accuracy can cause issue with bikes and equipment that has had a few years if wear and tear...but again, no issue.

The only step in the installation that caused a bit of thinking and some extra work was trying to fit the pin bracket around the key switch unit ,as the frame and key assembly wouldn't easily allow the bracket to slip over due to binding against the top part of the trellis frame. All that was required was to remove one of the two bolts that hold the radiator overflow bottle to the frame. This allowed more room for the key assembly to slide down, which meant the bracket now slips over the key unit and fit through the frame. Ryans kit supplies the now longer screws to reattach the key assembly and pin bracket...nice!

I trimmed the plastic shroud that surrounds the key with side cutters, as it now has a supporting bracket sticking through . As a side note that even with the bracket around the key assembly... it still allowed room from my 12V accesory port that is also tapped into the plastic shroud right next to the key..so again very cool.

All in all the unit is awesome and works perfectly.

Thanks everyone for you help.

V
  19. The Griz

The Griz Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hi Ryan. I want to purchase your Scott's submount through either you or Renazco. However, being it is $225 and I'll need to also buy the tower pin from Scott's I'd like to get some answers from you prior to purchasing. I'm sensing a level of secrecy about your product after reading some of your earlier posts. If I buy it I want to know it'll be supported and that the person who is making it is willing to be transparent and answer questions and help out if necessary.

So,

1) What size tower pin do I need to buy from Scott's to use with your submount? I already have the stabilizer.

2) Is the one that is on Renazco's website the 1" rise?

3) Can I buy directly from you? If so, is your pricing the same as Renazco? $225?

4) Are you including instructions with your kit? Not that I'd need them, but it's nice to have nonetheless.

5) Will your kit work with the 2014 690 Enduro R?

Thanks.
  20. Rbott

Rbott Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The pin is included with my kit. You can buy diect from me or thru Renazco. I can email you the instructions. Feel free to call me at 413-441-6847.

Ryan