2013 gsa lost

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by DSTEVENS, Nov 16, 2012.

1. BMW JEEP

BMW JEEP Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Whoops, just remembered the 13 GSA would be the current generation. But still, waiting out the new generation could net you a better bike, as well as an increase in future resale or trade in value in the end.

Apologies, but sill just another take on being a future GSA owner for who knows how long?

Best wishes either way, Curt
  2. wario

wario still a good bike cleaner...

Oddometer:
    You should be a Zen Monk... :bow
  3. catweasel67

catweasel67 RD04

Oddometer:
    Am wondering what inmates thinks those differences are?
  4. BigDaveSr

BigDaveSr It’s All Good

Oddometer:

I'm not really, I just play one on TV! :eek2:eek2:eek2:eek2:eek2:eek2:eek2:eek2
  5. DSTEVENS

DSTEVENS Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Curt, Yes I figured the 2013 GSA oil cooled should be the last and best of that model, one reason I chose to jump in. I have been burned on first year bikes before, one reason the Yamaha is NOT a priority, as it is a 2012. I may have to breakdown and hunt my salesman down to find out what is happening lol D.
  6. BMW JEEP

BMW JEEP Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure, D. Your situation just reminds me of several ideas/ aquisitions or adventiures my wife and I have set our minds to and initialy seem sraight forward in its process. So, you start down a path only to keep running into obstacles. At some point, we declare that it 'just wasn't meant to be'. So, we wait, watch and try again later and then everything just seems to come together and we end up glad that the first attempt never came about.

But then, 'they' also say that nothing good ever comes easy.

Best wishes for the best outcome. And please let us know how it works out.
  7. k woo

k woo 308Master

Oddometer:
    I too had saved for a GSA that I dearly wanted and was a few weeks away from pulling the trigger on my dream bike. A 1200 shaft drive with some off road capability fit my riding style but the "look at me I ride a BMW and that makes me so superior to you attitude" had absolutely nothing to do with my wanting a GSA. Then Yamaha announced the Tenere would be available in the US, I had read about it and was intrigued. To make a long story short I'm 30k + miles into my Tenere including a cross country and back ride in Aug. More long distance rides are being planned with no worry of final drive failures. The Tenere has been flawless and I have never looked back. Give it an honest look.

k woo
  8. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:
    I am not a high mileage rider, and I take extremely good care of all of my vehicles, so I would probably get tired of any machine before I wore it out. I have owned plenty of different kinds of bikes, but a dual sport style bike is the only type I want at this stage in my life. And as I said earlier the GSA fits me like a glove, even though I only rode it 10 or 15 miles, I was so comfortable on it out of the box that I have craved one for several years. I road a dl1k a couple years and a KLR 21k miles and my latest and to me greatest was a 08 dl650, I sold it at 30k miles. So minus any crash, or theft it would probably last me as long as I would want it. I certainly will test ride the Tenere since I have done business with this dealer since he opened and know the owner personally. Thanks for everything.
    D.
  9. brenter

brenter Brenter

Oddometer:
    I am 6'8" tall a ride a 12 GSA. As you said the GSA fits me like no other bike does. That being said, I have never ridden a Tenere, but have sat on one and it really feels pretty good. I would bet it would be one great machine. I am VERY happy with my 12 coming from a 07. The motor is much better along with other fix ups BMW has done. I think the 12-13 would be the best run of this model and did not want to wait for a GSA in the new waterhead and then have the potential to fight new problems. I would stay away from the first two model years. Good luck with your decision.
  10. Willie B

Willie B Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I tried purchasing my last GS locally, but wound up phoning Max BMW and giving them a deposit over the phone, arranging a flight using Sky Miles and flying in and riding my new bike home. The guys at Max did me right, picked me up at the airport and got me on my way promptly. I think my local dealer thinks my bike came from them and they never followed up after trying to purchase from them for over several months.
  11. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    I once put $1K down on an orange bike in late Jan hoping I would get it sometime that spring. (the dealer was 50 miles from me) Five months later, after a phone call or 50, he still had no idea when he would get the bike.

A dealer 200 miles away got one in stock and I went and got it. The dealer did give me my deposit back, but never really gave me a reason as to why he couldn't put his hands on the bike.

I think the 13 GSs are going to be hot. At least they were not charging you $4K+ "market value adjustment" like the HD dealers were for 20+ years. It was either pay extra at the Taj Mahal dealers or get on the waiting list at the regular dealers.
  12. fabiox

fabiox Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    you will have fun anyway with a Tenere or GSA.

just ride

:ricky
  13. Poway

Poway SHED (Shit Head)

Oddometer:
    Test drive the Tenere. I did. It's not in the same league as my 1999 GS1100. The current GSA is the finest dual sport available.. The Tenere is a nice bike like the Kia, is a nice car.
  14. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:
    My problem exactly, Fabiox I havent been riding so a freind loaned me an 08 Scrambler and other than a little small for me its actually fun to ride. All this talk about GSAs is making me want one even more. I am calling about my deposit tomorrow AM . D.
  15. PNWRR

PNWRR A study in Mopishness

Oddometer:
    it's still 2012 FFS
  16. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:
    OK I rode Tenere and after about 30 miles I was dissapointed in seat,bars and it seemed underpowered off the line, otherwise a good all around bike. My 2008 DL650 was a good all around bike relatively comfortable and economical and a good on gravel roads and trails. That being said, I still want a GSA, so I told my salesman I was moving and tired of waiting, and they could not give me a delivery date on my replacement bike, so I no longer wanted the bike.
    I called Lone Star BMW in Austin Texas just to see what they had and they have my exact bike, options and all on the floor, priced less with first service free to boot. Next week I should be picking it up. I am ashamed of my local dealer and the way they have ignored me for 3 months and the loss of a deposit just rubs it in. I really enjoy this forum. D.
  17. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    the Tenere is restricted in the first three gears... a 50 cent mod takes 10 seconds to unleash it! It's remarkable how the bike comes on strong off the line once you do that.. :D Good luck with your new bike :thumb
  18. DSTEVENS

Oddometer:

Thank you GB, I have read alot on the Super Tenere forum and I am sure the Yamaha will be a wonderful bike, Its just that I have wanted a GSA ( for better or worse) for years, and after selling all my bikes, I am gonna get one come hell or high water. Looking forward to many trouble free miles. To all the guys and gals on here, I hope you all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! D.
  19. BluByU

BluByU Long timer

Oddometer:
    make sure to take a ride by your local stealer, park it out front, say high to the salesman, look around and leave
  20. fastgpfred

fastgpfred Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Absolutely the right decision & you're going to LOVE your bike. That said, we're all hoping you're not letting the "local dealer" get away with not refunding your deposit!