North American Tag-O-Rama!

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Blinkerfluid, Feb 1, 2009.

1. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Great drop/tag
  2. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    222 miles...very tempting if it makes it to the weekend.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
  3. gmsnowball

gmsnowball Black Bear Pass

Oddometer:
    Oklahoma Some Where, just east of spoobooty
    Only 994 miles for me, be my luck someone would snatch eggy just before I got there.:D
  4. motomac

motomac Mac

Oddometer:
    I got the SO talked into a visit with my son in Elizabeth City, better get it soon!!!
  5. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    If he's there in the morning I am going to pick him up and take him home to Kitty Hawk for a Thanksgiving reunion next week. I'll leave it up to him as to whether he wants to stay awhile or just visit. I don't think he has been home in quiet a few years, I'm sure his family would like to see him. It's only a short ride from where he now,(450 or so miles) be a shame to not at least stop in for some Turkey and fixin's.
  6. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    I know eggy didn't start traveling till later in the tag but I think it is about time he found out where his journey began. I am sure he would enjoy seeing where it all started. Oh!!!! Boy!!! home for Thanksgiving.
  7. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    picked him up in sumpter national forest today. we stopped at the upstate ride to eat in greenville sc and met some really nice adv riders for pizza. going to meet some adv riders in charlotte nc tomorrow afternoon and will be heading for kitty hawk early next week. He is looking forward to being back on the east coast for the holidays.here are a few pictures from today.[​IMG][/IMG]
  8. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG] this is opa from upstate sc. we rode up to the meet and eat together. meet a lot of other nice folks at tonys pizza in greenville sc.
  9. KingJarhead

KingJarhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alright Augie
    Great to hear eggy is return "home for the Holiday"
  10. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Me and eggy went to the charlotte nc adv ride to eat tonight. he was a big hit. several of the rider there have been following his travels for a while and were very excited to meet him.here are a few pictures I took with some of the other riders. we are going to take a couple days off and hope to be on the outer banks of nc by midweek next week. there I am going to place him somewhere around the kitty hawk monument area.[​IMG]
  11. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] taken at charlotte nc ride and eat
  12. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    [​IMG] Here is close up of mr egg and his nest.
  13. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    I'm waiting to see the bottom of the container, is my ajayhawkfan coin still attached?
  14. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    It is still traveling with eggy. when did you attach it. where did you pick him up and drop him off.here is photo for you.[​IMG]
  15. ajayhawkfan

ajayhawkfan Rock Chalk

Oddometer:
    I picked it up on 2-5-12 in Texas (Page 200). He road with me all over Texas and Lousinia and then up to KC and released into the Wild on 2-26-12 in Linn County, KS (Page 203)
  16. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
  17. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Ridingdonkeys a buddy called down to the outer banks today and found out about what was going on. I am going to go down mid week to kitty hawk and catch a ferry just south of kitty hawk over to the islands. It may be thursday before I can get to kitty hawk to place the tag. There is still a lot of damage to the coastial roads on and around the north end of the. outer banks.I 'll just have to see what is accessable. Are you planning on going after mr egg? He is really glad to be back in NC.He is wanting to go ride up toward the parkway tomorrow before we head toward the coast.Thought about riding 105 and the linville area tomorrow.[​IMG]
  18. RidingDonkeys

Oddometer:
    Thinking about going for it. I've got some vacation coming up, and a good ride is overdue. I'm not fond of riding the OBX though, but the ride there can be fun sometimes. This past summer the wife and I took 158 from end to end and had a blast. 158 is a pretty ride through tobacco country.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy.
  19. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Here is the new tag location for mr eggy. [​IMG] this picture was taken at the north end of the blue and grey granite wall at the entrance to the wright brothers memorial in kitty hawk nc. If you stand on the manhole cover and look at the end of the wall, about 40 feet past the wall on the edge of the hill is a small bush with a single limb sticking straight up out of the bush about 4 foot. mr eggy is hiding at the base of this bush and limb in the sawgrass. he is in a waterproof nylon bag. the north end of the wall is about 200 yards from entrance of the memorial. the manhole cover is at the end of the sidewalk and wall.
  20. augiedog

augiedog augie dog

Oddometer:
    Here is a better picture of the bush with the limb [​IMG] the bush is in a direct line with the manhole and the end of the wall about 40 feet behind the wall on the small hill. go get him, he is ready to ride again. he was really happy to get back here, but is looking forward to getting back on the road.I really enjoyed spending time with mr eggy and hope to see him again soon.