California Couple Reported Missing in Peru

Discussion in 'Latin America' started by Esker01420, Feb 25, 2013.

1. colomtnbiker

colomtnbiker wimpy old guy

Oddometer:
    Throttlemeister, I'm looking forward to you coming and finding me & my girlfriend somewhere lost in the dark forest, maybe in a hand dug whale near Semuc Champey.
    Will you and Bman come to our rescue? We could have beer and parilla after you save us from the whale.
  2. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm pretty limber , thank you . I just have to admitt that when I was on my way to work in KS for many years as I watched the hippies camping along the hwys & on their way to CO & on west and wondered what part of the load of society they were pulling? Thats not to say that many didn't go on to lead productive lives and not a drain on the rest of us that chose to work . My byline is another guys words that sound good in that he would have traveled more & lacking the ability to ask a dead guy to change his thoughts I'll leave them intact. I guess I need to take out the make more mistakes, be silly part, be less serious part?
    FWIW, as a rider since 1963 I've had my share of fooling around in certain ways. Based on previous life activities I'm quite happy to be around for my GK's too.
    When I was a kid I was around lots of hobos as lived near RR yards & frequented the river nearby where we set lines,fished & hunted. They lived off the fat of the land pretty much like hippies in the 1960's, only working as needed to get by move on. Enjoy your trip south, w'eve already been down there once this winter. My 63 year old wife doesn't ride a MC but likes her mtn bike. Also pretty handy with a hoe!:D Hillbillys tend to be "work brickle"-if an old hippie understands such language?
  3. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Sure I'm always looking for my next Moby Dick and I like beer and parrilla(Spanish def. only) very much and Semuc Champey is a real nice setting:freaky
  4. Animo

Animo Been n00b awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    You've travelled extensively, how many times have you counted on an internet connection and did not find one, none the less a phone to call home?

What if they expected to find a way to communicate and could not once they arrived at their destination?

It was a stupid knee jerk reaction on the mother's part, nothing more.
  5. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well we can tell yo not the baby momma!:roflMine learned to handle it and my wife as well. The early part of Iraq kept us both in a tizzy what with modern 24/7 cable news that would say"helo down" then not a word sometimes for days as to which model or the who part.
    I read "well" sp? not "whale" but the whale thing works toward a better storyline huh?
  6. O'B

O'B Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3:lol3:lol3
  7. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    Maybe better than "where the hell ya been?":huh
  8. crashmaster

crashmaster ow, my balls!

Oddometer:
    Ah, I decided to step out of the Matrix for a couple of years, and I was OK with it. Some people were not. After my travels, I am mostly unplugged. I dont have TV. I have internet, mainly for Adv Rider, and I dont miss any of the stuff on the idiot box. Nice thing about real Alaska, if you want to get lost, its quite easy to do.
  9. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    In the late 60's & early 70's I had no TV or telephone,lived in a cabin on the Kaw river in KS. No indoor water or shitter-all that changed when I married! We still lived in the cabin for several more years but I tore down the outhouse,got a tele & TV too! It wasn't Alaska but still a nice lifestyle at the time.
    TV: I/we watch very selectively via DVR with no commercials. Actually makes for cheap entertainment in the boonies. I did try watching Hoarders & American Pickers for a few minutes last night while wife was on the phone and about gagged. Too bad I've seen all the Seinfeld re-runs.
  10. kantuckid

kantuckid Long timer

Oddometer:
    I forgot to say "she" looks crappy(lost or found) with that bullring thingy...:eek1
  11. bananaman

bananaman transcontimental

Oddometer:
    If my kids went quiet for two weeks I'd have Blackwater looking for them.
  12. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Called such for reason...:D

Get out of line.
    Find your own - not one that's pre-planned.