2013 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross series

Discussion in 'Racing' started by nachtflug, Apr 11, 2013.

1. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I for one thought Dungey's conditioning would help him prevail in the second motos.I was wrong,Villopoto should be on a perfect season run.His conditioning is second to none and the Kawasaki is a superior machine.Still dont like the guy either.Hey hell of a 250 moto tho!:clap
  2. anotherguy

anotherguy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I have a computer full of RAW/NEF images I can't do anything but look at. My iMac is an old G5 as is my Adobe CS suite. I need a new computer but no cash. Oh well I did shoot a couple rolls of film. I'll get 'em developed and post some scans.
  3. Foot dragger

Foot dragger singletracker

Oddometer:
    Its early times,anything can happen.

Dungey could get a start and go faster.............. Stewart could stop crashing and having breakdowns.

Ryan.V is just a racer,he lives to win and leaves it at that.

Dungey could do Milk commercials after his racing career.
  4. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    I wonder if a 250 4 stroke could qualify in a field of more modern 450 2 strokes?
  5. Foot dragger

Oddometer:
    Man! You watch Moto-GP and its thousandths or tenths of a second differences in qualifying many times.
    Weimer is 5 seconds slower in 10th???????????

5 seconds and he has a full boat ride still............. Maybe needs to ride his bicycle more and harder.
  6. IgoFar

IgoFar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was watching Villopoto at Muddy Creek. The guy has such a smooth and effortless riding style, it looks like he's not even working at it, but everyone else is busting their asses trying to keep up. Barcia stayed with him for a little while, but Villopoto just wore him down. The rest of the field has a lot of work to do to beat this guy.
  7. nachtflug

nachtflug I'm not going to talk about that.

Oddometer:
    I don't see them as similar. Don't forget these guys have to muck through these interviews being conducted by a some pretty lame people asking some pretty lame questions. Week after week. It's probably easier for them to just take the high road.

Saturday at High Point on TV the girl asks Barcia before moto 2, "what do you have to do to beat RV?"

Barcia's tongue in cheek answer - "ride faster" Ask a stupid question get a stupid answer.

Back to Dungey, I saw him "work the room" at the Dallas SX on Thursday night at a lackluster poorly attended Red Bull promo in a sports bar and he went from table to table and really did a nice job engaging each group of people. In my book the guy has impeccable communication skills and I felt that way before seeing him in person.
  8. enduro0125

enduro0125 Sticks and Stonesâ„¢..

Oddometer:
    Both the GOAT and RV train with Aldon Baker. :scratch
  9. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    :ddog:nono
  10. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    must be nice making 6 figures to go bicycle riding.
  11. Gordy

Gordy SUPPORTER

Oddometer:
    Southwest has a sale on tickets and I can get tickets to Las Vegas for the Monster Cup @ $102 each way-direct. I think we are going!! :freaky
  12. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

It's all a write-off for the LLC. :deal
  13. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:

You have stated before how you think Aldon Baker is overrated (unnecessary?) but if it is working and the rider believes in the benefits who are you to question it?
  14. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    ........ meanwhile, Flug's hero (the one who deemed Aldon Baker as unnecessary) is getting beaten by Alessi on a privateer Suzuki. :wink:
  15. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    who was RV's trainer in 2007?

Villopoto started the season with a dominating performance in the AMA Supercross Lites West Series, where he won seven of the eight races. He carried his momentum into motocross, winning his second-straight AMA Motocross Lites Championship. To cap off a perfect season, Villopoto became the first rider in history to win the overalls in both motos on KX250F against larger 450cc motorcycles at the Motocross of Nations.

2008?

Earned his third consecutive AMA [motocross] 250cc Championship by winning eight events and finishing on the podium in 11 of 12 starts. Finished second in the AMA Supercross Lites East Series with three wins and five podiums in seven starts. Claimed the MX2 championship at the Motocross of Nations helping Team USA earn the team title for the third consecutive year.

Villopoto became the first rider in history to win the overalls in both motos on KX250F against larger 450cc motorcycles at the Motocross of Nations.

Aldon Baker is a free loader.:deal
  16. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:

It was his Dad, I would assume.
    After RV got married he separated from his family.
    Sounds like Baker is a good replacement.
  17. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:

In multiple interviews, I have heard both RC4 & RV2 credit their fitness level and motivation to train to Aldon Baker.

Whose opinion am I going to trust, the multi-time champions that paid him for his services year after year, or yours? :hmmmmm
  18. nachtflug

Oddometer:
    I don't give a shit who's opinion you trust. These are the two most dominant riders in the last dozen years and both won without him so that makes him insignificant.
  19. zenjen

zenjen Go Outside

Oddometer:
    :cry
  20. skwidd

skwidd where does this lead?

Oddometer:

Mitch. :deal