New Hampshire Tag-O-Rama

Discussion in 'Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carp' started by sallydog, Sep 7, 2008.

1. EvilClown

EvilClown Standing by to standby for a possible disregard Super Moderator

Oddometer:
  2. baiku

baiku Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer:
    The clue:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The tag:

[​IMG]

EDITED LATER: This pic is flipped right to left. I fat-fingered something while posting. No one has ever seen a 650 V-Strom with the muffler on the left!! See my next post for the correct pic.

Tag is the fire tower. The road is straight, but the shoulder is very narrow, and there's a drainage ditch concealed by tall grass. Parking on the shoulder will have your bike leaning over the pavement. I found an entrance to a farm field that got my bike off the road. There's an electric cattle fence back from the road, so be warned.

If you're not happy with parking here, ride 1/4 mile north to a parking lot for the hiking trail to the tower. Take a pic of your bike in front of the sign, and that's a perfectly acceptable tag.

Disclaimer: this is a 'file' pic, sort of. After I got the Sanbornville tag last Saturday, I rode straight here for this pic, but on the way home decided to use the artist's house in New Boston instead. If anyone has some heartburn about this, hammer me tonight and I'll post something else tomorrow. Just trying to move the game along. Have fun, nice roads in this area.
  3. KTMcc

KTMcc n00b

Oddometer:
    oh man. If I had time I could ride there on my EXC from my house.

excellent clues baiku!
  4. Squidmark

Squidmark a.k.a. "The Colonel"

Oddometer:
    The banks of the mighty Nissitissit River
    I'd object to the use of a "file photo" as proof of capture of a tag, but not to the use of one as a new tag. After all, you did go there, just not immediately after snagging the old tag. Plus, it speeds up the game.

(I just did this in the Mass. TOR. I took several possible new tag photos on the way to and on the way back from snagging the old tag. I then picked out the one I wanted to use from the collection, which happened to be one I took before getting to the old tag. A violation of the rules in practice but not in spirit, IMO.)

OTOH, I'd accept playing with a physical tag too. But I'm not donating Little Squiddy :D
  5. baiku

baiku Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

And this one was on the shoulder of the road. My pic of the bike in the entrance to the field has vanished.
  6. baiku

baiku Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer:

How about a new 'local' game like North American TOR, with a physical tag instead of a bike pic as you said. If Little Squiddy isn't up for grabs, the first tag can be a plate of calamari at Giorgio's in Milford, NH. L.S. can stay on the tank bag so he doesn't see what happens to his cousins. :lol3 :lol3
  7. NikonVT

NikonVT Gettin Bruced Again

Oddometer:
    I gots me no clue bout dis 1. Sorry, I've been up for FAR TOO LONG right now...I hate midnights....

I was actually planning on planting a physical object at the next tag that I got so I'd be down with that.....
  8. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Make something on the Dimension!

I bruced myself this morning. On my way out the door this AM at 5:15, with GPS, laptop, nearest wifi hotspot to tag, and ah - keys, where are my keys?:eek1 Still in the seat release, found them one hour later.....
  9. Squidmark

Oddometer:
    But, to be clear, I'd prefer to play without using a physical tag. And I have no problem with (recent) "file photos" for new tags. Not only can using them speed up the game, they are more likely to be of something intriguing and interesting you came across in your broader travels rather than a boring shot of your local convenience store that you felt you had to take because you felt pressured to keep the game rolling.

MO only, of course.
  10. midemite

midemite Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nice clues biaku and a great day for a ride!

I tore an ACL last week and am awaiting the doc's okay to get back on my bike (hopefully on Tues :evil), so I guess I'm out of the game for awhile. Meanwhile I'm putting on the miles on my peddle bike in my living room. So far I've ridden the Changthang Plateau and Arunachal Pradesh with Gaurav Jani. Next trip - Iceland with Helge Peterson.
  11. whizzerwheel

whizzerwheel Unimaginative Lab Rat Supporter

Oddometer:
    IMHO...that's a slippery slope as to what is allowable. Early on in the game I got called on a picture that I took earlier in the same day. Personally I think if its a picture that wasn't taken on that particular "trip" or "day of riding" ...it's an unacceptable "file" photo.

If we start allowing photos from whenever...it defeats the purpose of the game which is to get people out riding today.

But with that said...I don't think the Tag-O-Rama police will come and confiscate your bike if you do whatever you do.:D

The pressure (of your peers) for putting some interesting tag up should be enough to keep the tag quality high...
  12. Squidmark

Oddometer:
    OK. I'll shut up now. Maybe take a ride up to that there Jug Peak, hike up and pick some blueberries. Gaze at the "Heelan' coos" at the farm just south of there, after riding through that solvent town. :D
  13. garandman

garandman Wandering Minstrel

Oddometer:
    Get one of your campadres to grab the MA tag - you've killed MA TOR!
  14. Roger95

Roger95 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well that is about 1 1/2 hrs from my house. Ive ridden up there a few times. Not sure if I want to take the hike and compete with Squidmark. Someone should pop his tires. :evil JK Squid.
  15. seahorse100

seahorse100 SLUG

Oddometer:
    :evil how bout' by the fire pond at the FUZZY COW FARM ? BAIKU??????????

Attached Files:

16. seahorse100

seahorse100 SLUG

Oddometer:
    gnu tag

Attached Files:

17. seahorse100

seahorse100 SLUG

Oddometer:
    the "MONUMENT" is actually located off the HORSESHOE RD. follow road to the left of the school to the first right.

Attached Files:

18. baiku

baiku Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer:

Well, I'll make an exception, just this once. NICE TAG! :clap
  19. NikonVT

NikonVT Gettin Bruced Again

Oddometer:
    I don't know - if you ride a Triumph Tiger I may come to your house to confiscate it....:D
  20. Mudhen

Mudhen Foul Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :uhoh

(quietly tiptoes to garage to lock the door)