Western KY DS riders between the rivers

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by treemuncher, Aug 31, 2011.

1. dickc

dickc Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have been hitting LBL roads hard trying to map out a Rally for next year.

I may do a run from Aurora this weekend.
  2. Nsane1

Nsane1 nomad

Oddometer:
    What's up Richard, I too have been hitting up LBL... I've got a little mapped out but most of the trails out there run east and west and usually dead end in one of the lakes. I was trying to find some more dirt roads down there versus gravel/pavement.
  3. dickc

dickc Adventurer

Oddometer:

I saw the camping trip pics. I was jealous. My trips have been all business.
  4. Nsane1

Nsane1 nomad

Oddometer:
    Just started a "West Kentucky Dual Sport" Club on Facebook, so if your in the West KY, Southern IL, South West Mo. region give me your name and I'll add you to the list. We will hopefully be doing rides and camping whenever anyone can. I am usually pretty tied up with family stuff so I'm trying to get my friends some people to ride with when I can't make it.
  5. motocrossross

motocrossross Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Little Egypt Off Road (LEOR)is between Marion and Harrisburg IL, at Crab Orchard(the town, not the lake). They have around 1000 acres of land, it is mostly coal mine spoils. There is a motocross track and a kiddie track near the parking area, and several miles of single track trails that are pretty challenging.
  6. HappyCRNA

HappyCRNA Athletic Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ross! We'll have to check it out. Is it easier than Turkey Bay? The rocks up there don't play nice with me!!
  7. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    West Paducah here too.
  8. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    There's a small group of us from the area who ride dual sports that meet Saturday mornings around 8am at Little Castle in Lone Oak. We're leaving for Arkansas Saturday morning for a week so we won't be there this or next Saturday, but will the next (June 30 I think) but you're welcome to join us. We usually have at least 6-8 folks there.
  9. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    Bump....
    Join the guys for breakfast at Lone Oak Little Castle around 8am this Saturday if you wanna!

PM me if you have questions.
  10. Nsane1

Nsane1 nomad

Oddometer:
    I'll be there.
  11. Nsane1

Nsane1 nomad

Oddometer:
    Had a good time meeting the new riders this morning, thanks for the invite. Hopefully we can all get together and ride once it gets below oven temps outside.
  12. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    Ya'll come on back now, y'hear!?
  13. KTMEXTC

KTMEXTC Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm from Clinton and would like to meet up with new riding partners in this area. Feel like a new rider, bikes been collecting dust last few years but I'm itching to ride again. Is the Little Castle meet happening this Saturday? Not sure at this point if I'd be able to make it or not but that's my plan.
  14. HappyCRNA

Oddometer:
    Yessir, the guys are meeting around 8am. I'll be out of town and will miss this Saturday. The waitresses and cashier can point you to the Saturday bike table if you ask (they usually sit over in smoking section.) If we can ever get some rain we're hoping to do some dirt rides soon.
  15. sandalscout

sandalscout blah blah blah

Oddometer:
  16. streetndirt

streetndirt Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you posted here, I'll try to keep this thread alive. I'm new to ADVRider but I know there are plenty of us around Western KY to keep this thread moving!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
  17. threadkiller

threadkiller Long timer

Oddometer:
    bump!
  18. streetndirt

Oddometer:
    Anyone want to get together for a LBL dirt and gravel ride Saturday Feb 9th?

19. streetndirt

Oddometer:
    ***THE BEST OF LBL(NORTH) DIRT AND GRAVEL!***

Where: Central Welcome Station Parking Lot

When: 0930 Saturday Feb 9 (Kick stands up 1000)

What: 100 ish miles of the best dirt and gravel the North End of LBL has to offer. See map attached! We will be riding the yellow loop on the east side of the trace going and the west coming back. I'm a mountain biker and I can do the whole loop drinking water and snacking on a protein bar. We will however get near to Grand Rivers and could easily jump off the loop and eat lunch! There is something here for everyone. The big bikes don't have to do the jeep trails and could meet us at the next connector. We will inevitability make some wrong turns along the way, but those just make it all the more fun! I will have some maps to hand those that come. See you there!

[​IMG]

20. streetndirt

Oddometer: