ACT ADV Riders Thread...Discover the ACT and surrounds

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Oz Nutter, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Hoots

Hoots Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could check out some of the trails in Tallaganda.

Go through QBN to Hoskinstown, then veer left through Forbes Creek – once in the park, turn right onto Bald Peak FT and follow it down to Palerang – right again, then down to Lowden Forest rd – right onto that, then left onto Main Range Rd – continue across Harrold Cross Rd to Rocky Pic Rd – follow that down to the Captain’s Flat-Braidwood Rd – turn right there and home vi Cpts Flat.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
  2. havafati

havafati Yassdafarian

Oddometer:
    Ok, So a mate and I at work were talking and I told him about the ride for Tugboat Bill. I said I was keen to go but not on my own to which he said he lets go up together and I'll drive my esky (Land Rover). So a map has been decided upon leave has been applied for, still waiting for work to approve should know this week. The trip will be 10-11 days riding every day. As you will see by the map I've broken the legs up into 7 days this allows 3 legs to be split if a good campsite is found or a leg is just getting to tiring. It won't be a race and If times running down and we have to cut and run near the end then so be it, I'm no Cyril Despres so nobody will have trouble keeping up with me.

My question to you all, is anybody from our little neck of the woods keen on coming along? Dates are 3rd to the 12th of May have to be in Birdsville on the 6th, bearing in mind I'm still waiting on leave approval so it could go pear shaped.

Should be a blast taking in some of the iconic tracks like the Strzelecki Track, Cordello Downs, Bridsville, Big Red, the Bridsville Track and the Flinders Ranges on the way home.

Heres the map link again

I never met Bill but I felt like I did after watching all ten Motorbikin' DVDs, I see this as getting off my arse and doing something I've always wanted to do before time moves on and I can't. And to pay respects to a Bloody Legend.

If your keen or have any questions PM me. If we get a couple I'll start a thread. If not you can read my RR when we get back.

Cheers
    Fati
    :D
  3. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    Mate you will have a blast... I wanted to go back again this year but apparently that bank is empty ...:cry

cheers Mark

[​IMG]
  4. BergDonk

BergDonk Old Enough to Know Better

Oddometer:
    Its sorta been on my list of things to do this year. So its maybe. I get some surgery on my knee next month and I'd like to think that by then I'd be up for it, but I really can't commit until almost on the day. The missus and I also talked about taking the new cage. We had planned to do the Birdsville Track after the Flinders Classic in early April, buts that a definite not now.

I thought Baza was going?
  5. hunter_greyghost

hunter_greyghost XS650 Allroads Traveller

Oddometer:
    I'm starting to plan for it, but it could be a case of I have same bank manager as ferals5 :deal
    and those fellas ain't got a sense of humous!!! :lol3
    if I end up going - I'd say I'd throw my lot in with 'fati now he's talking about going, but everything is a big 'if & maybe' these days, :ear:huh
    recovering from 'Karuah' on the weekend, will have to work on fitness levels - me thinks:rofl
    Cheers
    Baza
  6. havafati

havafati Yassdafarian

Oddometer:
    I know your an experienced self sufficient chappie so a late commit is fine mate.

Off to the GYM with ya :lol3

Love the Pic mate. Awesome. Inspired :thumb

Cheers
    Fati
  7. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:
    Exercise for today - unload 'White Beast' :lol3
    Cheers
    Baza
  8. Ron50

Ron50 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Be warned: The desert will grab you and you'll want to go there every winter.
  9. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Its done that already :D

First trip outback and offroad in 2010 and back 5 times since. TK ride in August to Kenilworth is up the Divide and back via out west past the corner.
  10. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:

I can concur with that statement, after Wannarring in '10 I've been itching to get into some serious outback stuff, :clap
    and OCR 2014 is my main aim @ moment, :eek1
    But this trip in May would be a good taster :lol3
    Cheers
    Baza
  11. havafati

havafati Yassdafarian

Oddometer:
    I'm aiming for the OCR next year as well and have two guys at work interested in coming along as well. One of them is coming on this trip with me and we are treating it as a shakedown for next years trip. The Wannaring trip hasn't left my blood either. So keen for this one to happen I'm gonna harp on the Boss till she says yes. Two female bosses, one at home and one at work, how lucky am I. :lol3
    Cheers
    Fati

Dirtsurfer and I heading into Wannaring. Photo by HGG before he knew me.
    [​IMG]
  12. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    Also penciled in the OCR...gunna make it happen. Dave, two female bosses is irrelevant if the one at home stamps her foot first :lol3
  13. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:

When's your next rally ????? :freaky
    Cheers
    Baza
  14. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    mmm :dunno , not sure at the moment Baza. I have nothing scheduled before Delegate in May. As Mrs bankmanager & daughter are going OS, I have Tassie trip in Oct I may not get out much for multi-day affairs...otherwise :annie
  15. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    Theres always a lot of talk before an OCR - the next one is large like the last. We will see who shows up.
  16. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:

Never know Davo, could even see an XS650 up there!!!! :lol3
    Cheers
    Baza
  17. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    You going to trailer it up?:ear

But as you say - you never know.
  18. hunter_greyghost

Oddometer:

You mean tow the trailer up behind it?????? :eek1
    Cheers
    Baza
  19. BergDonk

Oddometer:
    Hi Guys, any suggestions as to who/where to get a job done?

Thanks
  20. stuser

stuser Putt putt putt

Oddometer: