2013 Giant Loop

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve canyon

Steve canyon Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thanks....your welcome..

It lasted another 10,000k's like that!..:deal

The other little bag it came with was a perfect fit for my water filter..:clap

:clap:clap
  2. walkergreenlabel

walkergreenlabel Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    any issues with your whites staying white? I'm not worried about your dedicates but the coyote in white, does it stain easy?
  3. modeselector

modeselector Common as muck

Oddometer:
    I had the Fandango and Great Basin in white. They won't stain per say but rather mar in places that really require a good scrub with something like simple green and a scouring pad. Sold both and now my GL stuff is black.
  4. bitwise

bitwise Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'm dealing a bit with the opposite problem. Using the fandango on a white (anniversary) f800 the tank area is totally discolored/scratches up after <800 miles. Pretty bummed about that. It was such a pristine bike and im not sure how to get it cleaned up.
  5. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon

Sorry to hear your finish has been affected by your luggage. :-(
    Most any tank bag will rough up the finish of a bike over time, because dust accumulates under the harness.
    Giant Loop's solution for protecting the bike from dust rash, before installing any type of soft luggage, is Vinyl Protective Film.
    http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collections/giant-loop-gear-collection/products/vinyl-protective-film

[​IMG]
  6. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:

As mentioned before, Simple Green has been the best product for keeping my GL bags clean. Anyone else have a favorite cleaner for their GL bag? I am always curious what other guys use.
  7. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Getting my tires sharpened up for this weekend's Giant Loop Summerlake ride! I have a plan for a skid plate this year, since last years ride included some terrain that called for a proper skid plate, instead of bare motor...:eek1

The weather for Sat/Sun looks to be excellent and mild temperatures. The best part is, all the rain we have gotten over the last couple weeks has kept the dust down!
  8. WTFMATE

WTFMATE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    How wide of a seat will the coyote work with?
    Cheers
  9. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    I'll throw the tape across my seat this eve and check, since the SE/SM seat isn't too wide, but nearly so, like the older square KLR seat. I am thinking somewhere between 8-10" is about max width for a Coyote, to have it hang right.

I'll ask the guys if there is a dimension to refer to, and report back.
  10. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    WTFMate, my seat is 10 inches across and the Coyote hangs just right. Guys run them on GS12's and KTM990's as well. It is pretty flexible.

The Summer Lake ride was a real treat. We had 25 riders on a mix of bikes that included 990ADV's, 1200, 800 and 650 GS's, DRZ400's, several KTM singles, a Triumph, couple KLR's and a Versys. My trusty steed is only popping one cylinder:cry, so I left it home and rode the Giant Loop BRP XR650R, instead. My first time on a Honda and it was ready for action with a big fuel tank and fresh tires. The route was easy to follow and I ended up leading the faster groups as the ride progressed. I hadn't been through Fandango canyon and it was a real treat. We took the Sheep rock section to get back to Paisley and it was quite a sight to roll through those hills and valleys, for mile after mile. The return had me riding the KTM 500EXC and the route was Winter Ridge. The road was in excellent shape and very little dust. Changed a flat for one of the group on the way home and got to see the birds at FT Rock. Such a beautiful ride through the old growth timber and that 500EXC taught me a bunch about modern bikes. Dainty little things with gobs of power!!

All in all a great ride with tasty meals and a nice soak in the hot springs before settling in for the night.
  11. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  12. NWBoarder

NWBoarder Whitmeister

Oddometer:
    Looks like you guys had a great time.
    I'm so bummed I couldn't make it.
  13. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    A couple of our local riders prepping for Tour of Idaho this summer just sent pics and comments:
    [​IMG]
    "Hi guys! Tony, Rich and I had a blast last weekend riding Section 3 down to Union Creek and back. This was the first of two planned T1 shakedown rides. We were pelted by rain, sleet, and snow, turned back by snow three times and once by a 5' diameter fir, and still had a great time. We covered 530 miles - about 150 on slab and 380 on dirt/gravel. We had planned on riding only 380 miles over the two days, but the snow caused us some pretty major detours. All in all, we were out 11 hours on Saturday and 12 on Sunday (including pie at Becky's on Sunday!). It was a good test. We just wanted to tell you how well the Mojave's performed. I'll start by saying that they won't be coming off our bikes any time soon! They stayed dry inside, stood up to quite a bit of brush, mounted securely, and were very easy to access. Neither of us even knew they were there. And, as you can see from the pictures, the Rotopax fit very nicely behind the bags with the stock mounting hardware (on ProBillet racks). You guys totally hit a home run with these. We'll be picking up another bike very soon for Rich to ride on the T1 - the 2-smoker just isn't going to work - so we'll be buying another Mojave shortly. Thanks for a GREAT product, and for being really terrific guys to work with. BTW, we're bummed about missing the Summer Lake ride! Have fun!!! Kim -- Kim"
  14. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    :clapThanks Dirt Rider for spotlighting Giant Loop's Diablo Tank Bag in the magazine's July 2013 issue! The Diablo hauls the groceries, for sure, but it also makes it a lot harder to say, "I can't carry anything, I'm on my dirt bike." Go light, go fast, go far!:freaky
    [​IMG]
    "Giant Loop Diablo Tank Bag: $164 - With its universal fit, water-resistant construction and four liters of storage space, it's harder to say, 'I can't grab milk on the way home, I'm on my bike.' www.giantloopmoto.com, 458-208-9113" — Dirt Rider magazine, "Gear Bag," July 2013
  15. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
  16. satur9

satur9 angry black guy

Oddometer:
    Im still wanting for somebody to make a video of the updated great basin. What I still can wrap my head around is.the new one has plastic buckles instead of metal camlocks no internal bags or bottle holders and a less waterproof zipper. but its only about 30 dolllars cheaper than old bag.yet to comparatively have stuff sacks is more than double the difference. -30 dollars to well over + 60 dollars.. and why no red color choice. Orange would seem reserved for only ktm owners.but I guess they would be more likly to buy gl than say red for ducati. But I seen plenty of red bmws klrs vstroms triumph tigers etc. White would seem the oddest popular choice for bikes( semi adventure anyway). But to the main point.you should make a video showing new mounting bevertail security pass thru storm flap. Etc
  17. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wanted to tell Giant Loop thanks for sponsoring this years Westfest Rally in Buena Vista, Colorado in August.

Giant Loop was kind enough to send one of their Fandango Tank Bags and a few T-Shirts. I just got the bag in and it looked great. To be honest I even set it on the 950 for size, and it would work really well for that bike (dont worry it will still be new for who ever wins it at the rally:wink::lol3)

Thanks again for the support.

ben
  18. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Thanks Dirt Bike magazine for including Giant Loop's Buckin' Roll Tank Bag in the July issue's "Adventure - The Goods" round up!:clap
    [​IMG]
  19. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Ok satur9, let me crack open a beer and dive into your query about the new, improved and less expensive Great Basin Saddlebag!:1drink

Take a hammer and whack a metal cam lock buckle as hard as you can. Observe bent and broken twisted bit of metal that used to be cam buckle.

Now, take same hammer and whack one our new military spec side release buckles and repeat the mighty hammer strike. Observe how hammer bounces off, hardly leaving a visible mark on buckle. Pull strength rating exceeds the weight of the entire bike. :D

Plus, you can now access your gear far more quickly and easily - even with your gloves on! We've separated the compression straps from the mounting straps on the new Great Basin, so you no longer have to re-tension the entire bag to get in/out.

We went with the big, beefy coil YKK zipper because it's far easier to slide, making it less work to pack and access gear.:wink:

Since we've also significantly reduced the number of needle holes stitched through the Great Basin Saddlebag's outer Bombshell - and improved the storm flap design - the bag is now more water resistant than the previous version. And did I mention the Limited Lifetime Warranty?:deal

Customizable and modular design trumped the benefits of the built-in features - and we responded to our repeated customer requests that we not include them. Now, they are optional, in both waterproof and standard versions - or use your own bags. And buy a case of good beer with the money you saved over the price of the old model. Cheers!:freaky

If we could source a rich, beautiful Honda or Ducati red, we would gladly offer our bags in red. Heck, I rode nothing but Honda Red for more than 30 years before I ever threw a leg over a Euro bike. But in our super-tough Bombshell fabric, the only red available is looks like water from a rusty pipe. Not pretty at all. So . . . no red. Sorry. We're still looking . . .:cry

White has progressively caught on - it looks great on almost any bike, and it stays cooler in the sun, so photographers and desert travelers like it. And just like white riding clothes and bikes that get ridden off road - it doesn't stay pristine, but takes on the patina of use like an old baseball.:1drink

And I couldn't agree with more: We need to do videos for each of our products. It's on our list. All it takes is time and money! Stay tuned - we're about to re-launch our website and make a bunch of other improvements. We don't sit still very long . . .

Thanks for the questions! :freaky
  20. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Wish I could join you! Looking forward to seeing the pics and hearing the TALL tales.:freaky
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.